Which mods to keep?

Obviously any mod with a visible speed secondary but I have loads of Purple and blue speed mods..... are any of them worth keeping in the new mod system? Or sellem and keep farming visable speed seconds?

Replies

• Options
    I’ve already leveled all the purple mods to 3 to expose the last secondary stat..... I’m still under the assumption that speed is still basically a requirement. Any other combos of secondaries not involving speed I should be looking to keep?
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    edited August 2018
    Options
    at this point no one has a full understanding. the only thing we know is that grey mods will always end up with the lowest stats, even post slice being the worst investment. they are the "safest" to sell if you need room. but as we have seen the devs have said to avoid any mass selling until the new system rolls out.

I am only selling mods to make room for my normal farming and event mods.

Edit to add: post slice will give good stats but grey mods will be the least cost effective to upgrade, and the higher cost on the slicing RNG
    Post edited by Kyno on
  • Options
    I’ve already leveled all the purple mods to 3 to expose the last secondary stat..... I’m still under the assumption that speed is still basically a requirement. Any other combos of secondaries not involving speed I should be looking to keep?

If you haven't already done so, do the same thing with the blue mods (up to level 6). It's a turn based game so speed will always be king. The only exception might be a mod with high offence/crit damage for raids possibly.

Like Kyno said, it might be better to just wait and see.
  • Options
    Kyno wrote: »
    at this point no one has a full understanding. the only thing we know is that grey mods will always end up with the lowest stats, even post slice. they are the "safest" to sell if you need room. but as we have seen the devs have said to avoid any mass selling until the new system rolls out.

Really? I was under the impression that slicing a grey mod to gold would essentially result in the same kind of stats as if that mod had been gold to begin with. Is that wrong?
  • Options
    at this point no one has a full understanding. the only thing we know is that grey mods will always end up with the lowest stats, even post slice. they are the "safest" to sell if you need room. but as we have seen the devs have said to avoid any mass selling until the new system rolls out.

Really? I was under the impression that slicing a grey mod to gold would essentially result in the same kind of stats as if that mod had been gold to begin with. Is that wrong?

You can but it is probably more economical to just slice the purple and blues. And the green ones you already have leveled with the guaranteed speed bump.

I checked all my purple and most of my blue. And the green ones with potenial based on the primary stats. I also tend to keep and level the ones that are harder to get, like triangles. I have dozens od B and C team characters with no triangles but extra squares with decent speed. So I'm more likely to level a triangle. Especially if the primary is good.

But I still sell the grays right away.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    edited August 2018
    Options

Sorry, I didnt state that exactly how I wanted.

A grey mod will be have more RNG at a higher cost using the nee slicing system. So maybe not the worst stats. But the highest investment of materials.

Still the safest to sell IMO. The highest investment cost of a new (and likely really grindy) materials is always going to be the last to upgrade.
    Post edited by Kyno on
  • Options
    Should we sell all 4* and lower mods though? I could be wrong, but no amount of slicing with increase the star level, correct?
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    Should we sell all 4* and lower mods though? I could be wrong, but no amount of slicing with increase the star level, correct?

Slicing will not help them. Only 5 dot can be sliced.

If it has speed it's still good enough, but otherwise I am not keeping them.
  • Options
    Frankly, they should just get rid of 1-4 dot mods altogether.
  • Options
    A 4* mod with 13 speed is still handy on a C team for TW. Like droids or something
  • DarthBigdogVWW
    43 posts Member
    edited August 2018
    Options
    I can’t see ever slicing a gray mod. You have essentially the same probability of getting a god mod on a stat as a raw gold mod, which is poor. Better bet would be focusing on blues which have already proc’d twice on a stat. For example a blue mod with 15 speed secondary has a 43.75% chance of procing once on speed and a 6.25% chance of hitting twice. Massively better chance of a god mod v. starting at gray. Unless slicing materials drop like rain, it will be best to focus on the blue and purple which have already produced.

I took a look at my mods on gg. Have 34 blue or purple with 12 or better speed secondary. That should keep me slicing indefinitely.