How in the world? Quick question.

So Have a strange question. I am a newish player and just want some insight. I am level 74 right now. Looking at my ship shard top 50. I am tied for the second highest level with a handful of people at level 74. HOWEVER, there is a level 83 in our ships shard. How is this possible??? It seems like from the start this person was like 10ish levels ahead of EVERYONE. How? Thanks for your insight!!

Replies

• Options
    They could be spending extra dollars on refreshes. That way they could start the ship shard at the same time but because they earn more xp a day be ahead
  • Options
    They could be spending extra dollars on refreshes. That way they could start the ship shard at the same time but because they earn more xp a day be ahead

Wouldn't that be an insane amount of refreshes? I just know it takes me like 4 to 5 days to level now doing 3 refreshes for cantina and energy.
  • CHFC22
    732 posts Member
    Options
    Perhaps using an ally to do levels they otherwise couldn't? A good CLS can solo almost any pve level in the game
  • Options
    3 refreshes is just what the game gives you..... He could easily be doing double that for a few bucks a day.....
  • No_Try
    4051 posts Member
    Options
    Well the gap is high but not unbreachable. There is the kraken of your ship shard. Treat him well if you establish a shard chat.
  • Options
    It's very unlikely they have a gap of 74 to 83 from just spending money on refreshes. I know people spend a lot but that sounds a bit on the large side.

It is more than possible it's a player that stopped playing the game before fleet arena was first created who just re-downloaded the app, opened up fleet for the first time and dropped into the shard with you lvl 60 players who also opened fleet for the first time.

It would make sense that this player probably started fleet at level 75 or 80 as these were previous level caps. Do they have lots of old/original toons in their inventory and very few newer marquee toons? If this is the case they are also more than likely very low down in their squad arena rank. However if they are first or close to it in their squad arena then they more than likely spent on refreshes.

Of course the best person to ask is probably that player directly if possible? If you haven't already, try searching their name and their guild. If you can, find their ally code so you can start a chat with them in game. Either here on the forum or looking for their guild on swgoh.gg is the best bet for finding people.
  • No_Try
    4051 posts Member
    Options
    It's very unlikely they have a gap of 74 to 83 from just spending money on refreshes. I know people spend a lot but that sounds a bit on the large side.

It is more than possible it's a player that stopped playing the game before fleet arena was first created who just re-downloaded the app, opened up fleet for the first time and dropped into the shard with you lvl 60 players who also opened fleet for the first time.

It would make sense that this player probably started fleet at level 75 or 80 as these were previous level caps. Do they have lots of old/original toons in their inventory and very few newer marquee toons? If this is the case they are also more than likely very low down in their squad arena rank. However if they are first or close to it in their squad arena then they more than likely spent on refreshes.

Of course the best person to ask is probably that player directly if possible? If you haven't already, try searching their name and their guild. If you can, find their ally code so you can start a chat with them in game. Either here on the forum or looking for their guild on swgoh.gg is the best bet for finding people.

Aaah makes much sense! I have a friend that happens to live this. He's aeons behind in his arena but gets 1st on ship.

• Options

This makes the most sense! Great idea! He is 481 in Squad arena. It does seem like it is mostly older characters? I am newish myself
  • Options

How do you search for them?
  • Options
    No_Try wrote: »

Aaah makes much sense! I have a friend that happens to live this. He's aeons behind in his arena but gets 1st on ship.

maybe your friend is this person..... it is annoying!!
  • Options
    Cfrun02 wrote: »

How do you search for them?

from the ranks page in the app click on them. In the top right will be the name of their guild. Type that name and "swgoh.gg" into google. That should bring up their guild page on swgoh.gg which will have a list of the members that have an account on the website. Either your lucky and the person your looking for has an account there or you'll have to click though the list of members until you see one with an EA forum ID, a discord ID or their ally code publicly visible. Send whoever you find there a message saying something like "you're looking for X because you share a fleet shard, do they mind sharing their ally code for in game chat".

That's how I found most people anyway. Other option includes sticking their name in the search box on this forum or putting a post up on this sub page https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/categories/pvp-and-rivalry

It's not always successful as not everyone has any interactions outside the app but worth a shot.
  • Options
    So Have a strange question. I am a newish player and just want some insight. I am level 74 right now. Looking at my ship shard top 50. I am tied for the second highest level with a handful of people at level 74. HOWEVER, there is a level 83 in our ships shard. How is this possible??? It seems like from the start this person was like 10ish levels ahead of EVERYONE. How? Thanks for your insight!!
    Ouch! We had one like this, though thankfully only five levels above us and not 70s vs 80s. Fortunately the guy was sloppy / lazy and I was able to dislodge him but it took me a full week of grinding to do it.
  • Options
    Rath_Tarr wrote: »
    Ouch! We had one like this, though thankfully only five levels above us and not 70s vs 80s. Fortunately the guy was sloppy / lazy and I was able to dislodge him but it took me a full week of grinding to do it.
    This person is not as sloppy. He just wins. All the time.
  • Fakir
    64 posts Member
    edited August 2018
    Options
    The level 83 guy probably just didn't enter fleet arena until several levelse above 60. He may even have played before ships were introduced, took a long break from the game and then came back and simply continued from where he left. What you see is not at all impossible.
  • Options
    Fakir wrote: »
    The level 83 guy probably just didn't enter fleet arena until several levelse above 60. He may even have played before ships were introduced, took a long break from the game and then came back and simply continued from where he left. What you see is not at all impossible.
    This has got to be how it happened. Just sucks....
  • Options
    Well the gap is high but not unbreachable. There is the kraken of your ship shard. Treat him well if you establish a shard chat.

I'm gonna go further than this. Friend him. Message him. Get his Slack/Discord. Make sure you're not in his radar. This game doesn't exist isolated from exterior chat, make sure you own that.
  • Options
    Rath_Tarr wrote: »
    This person is not as sloppy. He just wins. All the time.
    Yeah, you guys aren't going to have a chance against him until you catch up with him I'm afreaid. That will take weeks and that really sucks. :/

If it's any consolation the #2 spot isn't far behind in terms of payout.
  • Options
    Dralkyr wrote: »

I'm gonna go further than this. Friend him. Message him. Get his Slack/Discord. Make sure you're not in his radar. This game doesn't exist isolated from exterior chat, make sure you own that.

For sure!! Totally get this. I am having a hard time trying to track him down to contact him.