They're most likely gonna make us farm hard nodes for the new legendaries

So far all the legendaries have been easy farms but it seems like we're gonna have to farm one if not multiple hard node characters for the new ones. There are so many essential characters in the hard nodes but they're gonna make us farm some garbage character to get the new legendary. So stop farming Sion people, and start farming the blimming vandor Chewbacca or something.

Replies

• No_Try
    4051 posts Member
    Options
    You are on point. To further extend it farm vandor chewie and young lando. The rest 3 are young solo, l33t and qira
  • Options
    Which ones do you think are garbage?

Vandor Chewie is potent on defense, and Lando comes with his ship, which is pretty good. That's more value than the vets have.
    Still not a he.
  • Options
    So far all the legendaries have been easy farms but it seems like we're gonna have to farm one if not multiple hard node characters for the new ones. There are so many essential characters in the hard nodes but they're gonna make us farm some garbage character to get the new legendary. So stop farming Sion people, and start farming the blimming vandor Chewbacca or something.

The other Legendary battles were not necessarily easy farms when first released. Thrawn being a prime example.
  • Options
    ThisYeezy wrote: »

The other Legendary battles were not necessarily easy farms when first released. Thrawn being a prime example.

Phoenix characters were spread across multiple stores and and only one was a hard node who wasn't even needed for the event. How were they not easy to farm than what we will most likely get now - multiple hard node and fleet node farms?
  • TheForceFizzled
    23 posts Member
    edited August 2018
    Options
    YaeVizsla wrote: »
    Which ones do you think are garbage?

Vandor Chewie is potent on defense, and Lando comes with his ship, which is pretty good. That's more value than the vets have.

1) Doesnt matter how good he is, he isn't as good as the meta toons you need from the hard nodes
    2) I was talking about legendaries.
  • Options
    1) Doesnt matter how good he is, he isn't as good as the meta toons you need from the hard nodes
    Then who are you talking about for the legendaries?

Solo characters are not a faction. Legendary events have been unified by faction in the past. Solo characters are all just scoundrels. There are a lot of other options in the scoundrel faction.

Bounty hunters would probably be a lot easier with Bossk, but there are plenty of other options you could get up there.

Old Republic is a tag, but not a faction. They don't even have a leader. Until we see an Old Republic leader, I sincerely doubt we're going to see an Old Republic legendary.

So which hard node farm do you think we're going to need for a legendary?
    Still not a he.
  • Options
    Then who are you talking about for the legendaries?

Solo characters are not a faction. Legendary events have been unified by faction in the past. Solo characters are all just scoundrels. There are a lot of other options in the scoundrel faction.

Bounty hunters would probably be a lot easier with Bossk, but there are plenty of other options you could get up there.

Old Republic is a tag, but not a faction. They don't even have a leader. Until we see an Old Republic leader, I sincerely doubt we're going to see an Old Republic legendary.

So which hard node farm do you think we're going to need for a legendary?

SBCrumb pretty much confirmed on Reddit that we're gonna have to farm hard nodes for the new legendaries. Vandor chewie was just an example. He was meant to represent all the useless marquee toons that went to hard nodes, some of which we're gonna have to farm.
  • Options
    The hard node thing is getting out of hand. Feels like farming is just going wild in all directions. Farming a hard node character used to mean something significant. Not it's the new norm and that's just plain boring.
  • Options

Phoenix characters were spread across multiple stores and and only one was a hard node who wasn't even needed for the event. How were they not easy to farm than what we will most likely get now - multiple hard node and fleet node farms?

When Phoenix went free to play, you had one week to farm them from 3* to 7*. It was impossible without paying unless you had a boatload of crystals saved up.
  • Options
    You mean this?

It's vague, and sounds like the goal is specifically to not require that.

Particularly since literally no event requires a single hard node farm right now, and I doubt that's an accident. Even the worst event farm, the vets, is a cantina farm. And I sincerely doubt that's an accident.
    Still not a he.
  • Options

When Phoenix went free to play, you had one week to farm them from 3* to 7*. It was impossible without paying unless you had a boatload of crystals saved up.

I'm sure that's still gonna be the case. It seems like CG is all about that sense of pride and accomplishment now.
  • Options
    You mean this?

It's vague, and sounds like the goal is specifically to not require that.

Particularly since literally no event requires a single hard node farm right now, and I doubt that's an accident. Even the worst event farm, the vets, is a cantina farm. And I sincerely doubt that's an accident.

That is exactly what I'm afraid of. I was fine with vets because they were cantina. But the game seems to have changed directions. Also, I don't think what crumb said was vague at all. I think he said just enough. All we can do now is wait and see.
  • Options
    In this context? Yes, it was vague.

You're fretting over single hard node farms being required for a future event.

Crumb said he understands the concern and will make sure to reiterate that concern.

Nothing about that suggests a decision to force hard mode farms has been made, or that he's going to have to change any minds or decisions to make it so.
    Still not a he.
  • Options
    You mean that they might make it hard to get Legendaries?

Gee.
  • swgregoriou
    323 posts Member
    edited August 2018
    Options
    I am going after the five old republic but dont expect to get the toons to 7* the first time around. I am gonna x3 refresh them daily and just hope for the best. I doubt I will buy any packs though, but I expect bastila to be a hard node farm at least and then maybe a few of them in the cantina if we are lucky.

As Mc mole mentioned in a video, you can also go for 5* as you will still unlock the toon at that stage, so we will see.
  • Options
    I am going after the five old republic but dont expect to get the toons to 7* the first time around. I am gonna x3 refresh them daily and just hope for the best. I doubt I will buy any packs though, but I expect bastila to be a hard node farm at least and then maybe a few of them in the cantina if we are lucky.

As Mc mole mentioned in a video, you can also go for 5* as you will still unlock the toon at that stage, so we will see.

That's totally right. Just bring them to 5*s and then do bh, then Kotor. Next time the legendary comes around you will be able to get the Toon to 7* f2p
  • Options
    Here's a scenario. They pull a fast one on us and the Prepared Squad is required for a Jabba the Hut event, and then Jabba, Bib Fortuna, Gamorrean Guard, Malakili and Skiff Guard are required for a C3P0 event. C3P0 is then a requirement for Jedi Luke Heroes Journey.
  • JaggedJ
    1352 posts Member
    Options
    Required character to be put in ships hard node for sure.

Never get legendaries first time ever sooo whatevs.
  • Acrofales
    1363 posts Member
    edited August 2018
    Options
    When you say "never done before", you conveniently forgot that bb8 required fost AND fotp when first released? FOTP could be supplemented from fleet shop, but FOST was hard node only. 3 hard nodes, but I believe the limit was still at 3 per go at that time too. Either way, farming FOTP and FOST ducked.

Thrawn (and Chimaera) were also way too short notice for f2p to 7* on the first try. 6* was about the max you could do if you had a reasonable supply of the store currencies, and did well enough in arena (no crystals on fleet yet either) to afford a lot of refreshes.

Plan on 5*ing new legendaries on the first go as f2p. Don't expect to 7* them on the first go.
  • DarthBugdrops
    133 posts Member
    edited August 2018
    Options
    dont mind new legendary heroes at all or new heroes that are good. but ive spent around 3-4? months now preparing for JTR, first i farmed FO, then i got bb8, then i farmed mods for a good while until i could get vet nodes, those ive farmed for a good while now 3x refresh, about to max them, and was planning to use a res team in arena and raids. but it would be a kick in the balls, if they just overtune them, like traya and sith is, just to beat last seasons heroes, triumvirate, just to force ppl over to a new meta. and that my work is sort of tossed in the bin, if ppl understand my point idk. as i see a trend where they keep releasing stronger and stronger heroes over time, not even just counters but very close to making other heroes bad :p the powercreeper as someone said. already questioning if my decicion is right as it feels sith or bastil teams are stronger already then jtr.
  • Options
    id rather a hard node that i have access to than an impossible ship node i dont have access to, just saying
  • Options
    yeah, my 270k fleet get slaughtered on the tie fighter normal node LOL. so im miles of, i had some strugle with LS but it took me less time to finish those. im not getting enfys pest anyway, going for holdo hehe.
  • Options
    Sion is done the same day Enfys Nest became farmable, farming him along with Lobot, Rose, Vandor Chewbacca atm
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    Let's recap, legendaries require a faction not a specific set of toons. So while it is usually true certain characters make events easier and some of them are on hard nodes, you are correct, this is not news or anything abnormal.

The one example you give is the one who is the hardest to farm and you use that as the example. 2 went to cantina, nest should have been on everyone's farm list, and lando has his ship too. YHS was basically given away by going in the guild store.

We know something is coming, but we dont know what.

Anyone in the position to farm new toons, is probably doing so, but anyone working on a toon or team should probably not just drop that and pick up farming some random toon based on wild rumors or extremely vague (almost to the point of not saying anything at all) dev posts. Yes you need to farm toons for events. Yes if you can you should always have a planned farm based on the best information you have.
  • Iy4oy4s
    2938 posts Member
    edited August 2018
    Options
    I think that with the endless marquee toons that we have been bombarded with lately, the devs should give us a bit more of a heads up of which toons will be required next. It would buy them some goodwill toward the player base. I’m not talking about all the legendaries coming up, just the crocodile closest to the boat.