Suggestion for Arena!

Am I the only person here who thinks that it's beyond reason to have arena payouts set around a specific time of the day? I mean when you have millions of players it's literally impossible to find one moment during the day that's going to suit every single one of them. It's only fair for competition to allow people to ajdust that time around the hours that they can play the most and perform the best. Having the payout at 6 in the afternoon is literally the worst thing, that's when most people get off work and are most likely on the road. Or others will be at home after work at a family dinner. The time is simply very inconvenient and something tells me that it's that way on purpose.

It hurts people's payouts which means fewer crystals are being paid. Unfortunately along side that it creates a state of which people with less busy lives are disproportionately rewarded to those who actually work or have some other responsibility at that time. Personally, I'm having a hard time with my payouts, they interfere with my job and they cost me places. (Right now I can picture a CG employee reading this and thinking : "yeah!, our plans have worked!") But is that really what's best for the game and the community? I would rather have to work harder for the same amount of crystals and be in control.

It's my belief, after playing other games, that arena in SWGOH is actually pretty terrible! I've come to realize that the whole set up of the mode is to say the least, very poorly designed. I picked up YuGiOh duel links recently and although it's not a very similar type of game, there exists a PvP element to it.

The key difference is that that game doesn't limit its players to a set number of attempts per day for PvP. In swgoh you only get 5 free attempts and then you pay for more, hoping to climb up as high as possible before your payout resets. In duel links you can battle as many times as you want for free and climb up the elo ladder. I'm definitely not suggesting an elo based rank for SWGOH, I'm suggesting that we take the element of "climbing" up to rewards.

For example, you make arena more of a matchmaking process in which you search for an opponent, the game comes up with 3 results and doesn't offer a reset. Each result will vary a bit in difficulty but also come with different amount of point rewards. The tougher the squad you are facing the more points you get.

To reach a payout reward you must accumulate a certain number of points, for example you get between 10 to 100 points per battle and if you want rank 1 you must accumulate 1000 points or something.

This system will prevent collusion since you won't always have the same opponents. Your opponents will be picked from a pool of players who 1. Started the game around the same time as you, 2. Their GP is not far off your GP, 3. Their squad power is close to yours. Ajdustments will be made. You also earn points for defensive wins which will incentivize people to build strong defensive squads.

This system won't affect players much, it will encourage having deep rosters and multiple available squads. It's going to allow you to play whenever it's comfortable and it will be a refreshing change to arena.

Replies

• Options
    I was thinking the same thing. Sure improvements could be made but the now arena sucks. Maybe I am just complaining because I am not at the top but I think the rewards should be better as well maybe increase to 100 at the lowest and keep on adding fifty. The top place could have 1000 and it would encourage people to climb more. I know that it would unbalance things but they could just do this for special occasions because they are too lazy to do anything cool. For example Halloween , I thought that it ,being sort a holiday , would surely give out some sort of rewards or a free character but all we got was a mother Talzian marquee and the ghosts of dathmar. This all together proves that they love money more then the players. At least Kabam is not that bad.....(They are ok but still just try to scam the money out of you
    Get good and get a Revan. Ryanwhales