Bounty Hunter CAPITAL Ship?!

SilverbackMM
260 posts Member
edited August 2018
Noting that Hounds Tooth’s “Secure the Hunt” ability eventually grants Counter Chance to Bounty Hunter ships, it’s safe to say we will soon see more of just that, possibly including Punishing One (Dengar), Manka Hunter (Greedo), IG-2000 (Guess.), Xanadu Blood (Cad Bane), and Guillotine (Embo).

This begs the question as to what a Capital Ship offering advanced bonuses to bounty hunters would be.

I’ve done about half the research I care to ever do on this subject as a human being on this planet and found something interesting.

It’s very rare for any bounty hunter, scoundrel or rogue in general to have access to or ownership of a capital ship in the Star Wars universe. The Galactic Republic and Empire had regulations against this. Similar to how U.S. citizens can own handguns but not fully automatic machine guns.

That being said, you have to expect at best a smaller version of a capital ship than Star Destroyers or Mon Cal Cruisers.

Say, a large frigate?

It turns out Aurra Sing had a Blockade Runner, aka Corellian Corvette that she used to lure people on to then attack with her starfighter. It made its first appearance in the “Aurra’s Song” comic book when she takes revenge on her Anzati trainers and steals their ship.

It may be small enough for a Star Destroyer tractor beam to pull in but it’s still technically a capital ship. Starfighter class ships can dock on its sides to resupply. Maybe it’s abilities could focus less on damage and more on boosting other abilities such as turn speed, dispels, breaking down protection, etc. Its hammerhead shape was used to actually knock ships out of its way and break through blockades. Perhaps it could be the first capital ship to physically smash into your enemy’s starfighters - similar to Lando’s Falcon but with maybe an AOE effect.

Sing’s specific ship appears to have no name, which is fine considering we’re calling Red 2 and Red 3 “Biggs Darklighters X-Wing” and “Wedge Antilles X-Wing,” respectively (and disrespectfully). It could simply be called “Aurra Sing’s Blockade Runner.”

The game needs a Corellian Corvette. It’s too iconic to leave out of Ships. It’s not a starfighter, so this kills two birds with one stone. As will you with your bounty hunter ships if they make this a reality. Plus, you can’t ever give Aurra a starfighter-class ship because hers was Slave I and that’s currently spoken for in-game.

The only other option I found rather than Sing’s ship would be if Heroes opened up to Legends characters from books such as the infamous Talon Karrde of the Smugglers Alliance, whose capital ship Lastri’s Ort (This is my Lastri’s Ort!) could benefit all Scoundrels, bounty hunters included.

If I am right about any of this down the line, or this thread is the reason any of this happens, I would like to be rewarded not in game, but with a job in real life, in the New York City area as a content writer for either the game or anything to do with Star Wars so I can stop waiting tables and rejoin the writing field. I was a former award-winning journalist and have had trouble landing my next job.

Hope you enjoyed the thread and let me know of any other rogue-owned capital ships you can think of!
Post edited by SilverbackMM on

Replies

• Tanzos
    219 posts Member
    edited August 2018
    Options
    I think it would be cool to have Tyber Zahn's "Merciless" ship from Empire at War. He'd be a cool character in general and actually has a capital ship with an obvious special move (the two giant guns of the aggressor-class ships). He'd have synergy with Bossk, Boba, IG-88 like from the game but who knows.
  • Options
    This is one of the most bizarre threads I’ve read on this forum
  • Options
    This is one of the most bizarre threads I’ve read on this forum
    LOL! He does get a bit carried away.
    If I am right about any of this down the line, or this thread is the reason any of this happens, I would like to be rewarded not in game, but with a job in real life, in the New York City area as a content writer for either the game or anything to do with Star Wars so I can stop waiting tables and rejoin the writing field.
    Ah, that explains a lot. Take a chill pill dude. It's going to take more than a forum post to land yourself a job.
    I was a former award-winning journalist and have had trouble landing my next job.
    Highschool newspaper doesn't really count. :p
  • Options
    I was a former award-winning journalist and have had trouble landing my next job.

That you Matt Lauer?
  • BrtStlnd
    1094 posts Member
    Options
    llShad0wll wrote: »

That you Matt Lauer?

Billy Bush?
  • Options
    Leaping to conclusions about what's "obviously" going to make it into the game is a recipe for disappointment.

There's so much stuff in the Star Wars universe that they have to stop and shift their attention at some point.
    Still not a he.
  • Options
    BrtStlnd wrote: »
    llShad0wll wrote: »

That you Matt Lauer?

Billy Bush?
    Alex Jones?
  • HK22
    645 posts Member
    Options
    If you pull from Legends, how about the Errant Venture which is a Smuggler ISD painted red.
  • Options
    Hondo Ohnaka had a whole fleet of ships. Not sure which, if any, would qualify as Capital Ships, but several were quite large, if memory serves.
  • Nicho
    69 posts Member
    Options
    To bad the eu isn't canon... Booster Terrik had a star destroyer that he bought and painted the whole thing red... He was as scoundrelly as they get, though maybe not a bounty hunter.
  • Options
    Some good ideas in this thread. People mocking me don’t know the struggle of print media and need to at least admit they were entertained.
  • Options
    Hondo is best idea because his toon looks like will be released. Seen some art work so possible
  • Options
    I was right about Xanadu’s Blood. Bow before me and my prophetic powers.
  • Options
    lamo thats cool.....i hope they do go the hondo route...i have bought the bh ships so i would be quite pleased and running the current 3 up front for the event was fun as ever
  • Options
    Booster Terriks The Errant Venture Imp Star Destroyer would be awesome. Love to see that in game
  • Options
    Talon Karde had a fleet - and that could help get Mara Jade into the game
  • Options
    Though that's drawing on Legends sources they've never touched, so it's unlikely.
    Still not a he.
  • Options
    The next step in ships is tieing the ship to..the cap ship for additional DPS and skills. Like release thrawns tie...forget the name...and give it bonuses when used with chimera.

Bhs dont use cap ships because they are bhs. Over reaching on this i believe. BH ships should have a different bonus depending on which faction they fight for. It should be seperate from other bonuses the cap ship gives

My opinion.

We do need a sepratists cap ship. Greivous management
  • Options
    I strongly doubt we'll ever see a Bounty Hunter / Scoundrel capital ship. The only ship that makes any sense at all would be Hondo Ohnaka's saucer ship. But even then, it's less than one-quarter the size of an ISD, so it's not really a "capital ship"
  • Options
    Moroveus wrote: »
    I strongly doubt we'll ever see a Bounty Hunter / Scoundrel capital ship. The only ship that makes any sense at all would be Hondo Ohnaka's saucer ship. But even then, it's less than one-quarter the size of an ISD, so it's not really a "capital ship"
    For a Legends deep cut, the Death Star 2, piloted by IG-88.
    Still not a he.
  • Options
    YaeVizsla wrote: »
    For a Legends deep cut, the Death Star 2, piloted by IG-88.
    Tales of the Bounty Hunters was such an awesome book.
  • Options
    Moroveus wrote: »

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Corona-class_armed_frigate

This is starting to make the most sense to me. They could also make “Jango Fett’s Slave I” and “Aurra Sing’s Slave I” but that would be really lame and I hope they don’t. There shouldn’t be two millennium falcons. Or six Chewbaccas. Instead they should let you interchange pilots and crew within a single version of each ship.
  • Boo
    4134 posts Member
    Options
    I'd like to see Jango in his first ship - Jaster's Legacy, from the game Bounty Hunter.

But having said that we still don't have a ship for Anakin...you know, the guy who is apparently the best pilot in the galaxy?
  • Boo
    4134 posts Member
    Options
    YaeVizsla wrote: »
    Leaping to conclusions about what's "obviously" going to make it into the game is a recipe for disappointment.

There's so much stuff in the Star Wars universe that they have to stop and shift their attention at some point.

I'd agree, but I don't think that expectations are necessarily a recipe for disappointment, I mean there is so much stuff in star wars - possibilities are almost endless.
  • Options
    Boo wrote: »
    I'd agree, but I don't think that expectations are necessarily a recipe for disappointment, I mean there is so much stuff in star wars - possibilities are almost endless.
    Speculating is fine, but when they turn into expectations, things start getting dicey, and when people start getting upset because they tried to guess what CG's gonna do next and they were wrong, it becomes a problem.

The possibilities are almost endless. So CG has to hop around all over the place, from theme to theme.
    Still not a he.
  • Options
    dzo3gtugrvbn.jpg

If the image works.

For a real deep-cut! Read the bottom Left bubble. This is page 22 from Boba Fett: Death, Lies, and Treachery (1995)
  • Options
    Rebels and **** will probably be the new meta ships for this entire year as everyone clamors to get **** on the next go round.
  • Options
    How do people even find these necroes?
    THE SUPREME JAWA OVERLORD!
  • Jarvind
    3926 posts Member
    edited January 2019
    Options
    If I am right about any of this down the line, or this thread is the reason any of this happens, I would like to be rewarded not in game, but with a job in real life, in the New York City area as a content writer for either the game or anything to do with Star Wars so I can stop waiting tables and rejoin the writing field. I was a former award-winning journalist and have had trouble landing my next job.

giphy.gif

u58t4vkrvnrz.png