Noob Dark Side Team???

First off I'm no whale and up to this point (Level 59) I'm completely free to play.

I was wondering, who should I use for completing the Dark Side table?

Right now I have Moff (Lead), Vader, Imp Tie Pilot, Phasma and Dooku. I wreck offensively because of all the debuff and stun, but these dudes have trouble staying alive and can't remove enemy buffs against stronger teams. Are these 5 a good look or should I try something else?

Thanks!

Replies

• Naraic
    2243 posts Member
    Options
    You can complete the table battles by borrowing maxed characters from allies.

Don't worry about it.

Focus for now on your rebels or your phoenix get thrawn and Palpatine in their events in September and focus on them as the core of a team.
  • Options
    Right on yeah my Phoenix team is set. They're all 4 star right now and all my gear has turned purple. Real grind/waiting game for the peices I need to take them to the next level.

Good to know Thrawn and Palpatine are on the way. I NEED those 2 lol.
  • Options
    Right on yeah my Phoenix team is set. They're all 4 star right now and all my gear has turned purple. Real grind/waiting game for the peices I need to take them to the next level.

best get on that phoenix farm quickly then mate! you can't unlock either Thrawn or Palp with them at 4*, they are a 5* minimum, but obviously if you can get Phoenix to 6* to unlock Thrawn and Palp at 6* that'll make a huge difference!
  • Naraic
    2243 posts Member
    Options

The September calendar are is on gamingfans.com or something like that.

Both Thrawn and Palpatine are coming in september and both require 5 star unlock.
  • Options
    LOL! 4* G7 is hardly "set".
    You'll need at least 5* G8 Phoenix squad to unlock Thrawn and Palpatine.
  • IndiscreetGeek
    14 posts Member
    edited August 2018
    Options
    Rath_Tarr wrote: »
  • IndiscreetGeek
    14 posts Member
    edited August 2018
    Options
    JohnLove11 wrote: »

best get on that phoenix farm quickly then mate! you can't unlock either Thrawn or Palp with them at 4*, they are a 5* minimum, but obviously if you can get Phoenix to 6* to unlock Thrawn and Palp at 6* that'll make a huge difference!

I can only farm it so fast. The goal is 7 stars but I'm F2P. My first post said I'm not a whale. If I miss Palpatine and Thrawn this time around so be it.
  • Ryanwhales
    862 posts Member
    edited August 2018
    Options
    Rath_Tarr wrote: »

You still can unlock Thrawn with gear 7s....but you still need five star phoenix, it just takes your best mods. Heck, I did it with a gear six Kanan it just won't be super easy.
    Post edited by Ryanwhales on
    Get good and get a Revan. Ryanwhales
  • Options
    Boba Fett is pretty durn good on any DS team, and he will help you with the heists. His Execute ability also cleanses buffs off a single target, and hits harder if the enemy has many buffs/debuffs.

First Order Executioner also Dispels buffs on a single target with Death Sentence. If his special defeats the enemy, he can do it again almost immediately; otherwise, he gains health, which makes him resilient. Pretty strong kit, and a key player in any First Order event. You will find good uses for him further on.

Another enemy debuffer with good utility is Asajj Ventress. She wipes buffs off all enemies and has a pretty effective AOE attack. Also stuns. Good in raids, you will find her useful.

If you are having trouble keeping your attackers alive, Royal Guard is a pretty amazing early game DS meat shield if you have him lying around. Stuns the enemy, gives your team Defense buffs, and automatically taunts when your guys get in the danger zone. There was a time when he was META, but his utility does fall off rather badly further on in the game.

Stormtrooper is a solid tank and Snowtrooper has a good kit, and both of those guys will come in handy further down the road. Also will fit in nicely under Tarkin lead.

Make a choice, go with it. Thinking you should probably build up a tank to help your guys survive.
  • Options
    Boba Fett is pretty durn good on any DS team, and he will help you with the heists. His Execute ability also cleanses buffs off a single target, and hits harder if the enemy has many buffs/debuffs.

First Order Executioner also Dispels buffs on a single target with Death Sentence. If his special defeats the enemy, he can do it again almost immediately; otherwise, he gains health, which makes him resilient. Pretty strong kit, and a key player in any First Order event. You will find good uses for him further on.

Another enemy debuffer with good utility is Asajj Ventress. She wipes buffs off all enemies and has a pretty effective AOE attack. Also stuns. Good in raids, you will find her useful.

If you are having trouble keeping your attackers alive, Royal Guard is a pretty amazing early game DS meat shield if you have him lying around. Stuns the enemy, gives your team Defense buffs, and automatically taunts when your guys get in the danger zone. There was a time when he was META, but his utility does fall off rather badly further on in the game.

Stormtrooper is a solid tank and Snowtrooper has a good kit, and both of those guys will come in handy further down the road. Also will fit in nicely under Tarkin lead.

Make a choice, go with it. Thinking you should probably build up a tank to help your guys survive.

I was actually running Royal Guard for a bit. He kept dying so I figured meh, let me just go pure offense lol. I will definitely look into Boba too though. He gives my Phoenix team fits in the Arena.

Thanks for the tips!

• Options
    [/quote]I can only farm it so fast. The goal is 7 stars but I'm F2P. My first post said I'm not a whale. If I miss Palpatine and Thrawn this time around so be it.[/quote]

Shouldnt take that long for you mate, All are farmed in different areas which means you can farm all at once (apart from Hera and Ezra ofc). GW will give you 1200 each day which is 15 shards per day for Zeb. Use your crystals on cantina refreshes for Ezra and Hera shards (which will in turn get you Chopper) and you'll be 7* before you know it.

Like you say if you miss it this time so be it. I managed to get Palp and Thrawn at 6* last time round but missed on the 7*, been continuing to work on Phoenix since then and have all 7* now 2 G8, 2 G9 a Ezra at G10 hoping ill be able to do it this time round! Can honestly say i don't care i missed out last time because ive enjoyed being able to grind up to get it this time!

Good luck bro!
  • Options

I can only farm it so fast. The goal is 7 stars but I'm F2P. My first post said I'm not a whale. If I miss Palpatine and Thrawn this time around so be it.

Good mentality to have, though I wouldn't underestimate your ability to unlock them. EP is a super easy battle, you can beat his node once you have the minimum requirements (5*). If you use one refresh of cantina energy, you should be able to get 12 or so Ezra/Hera shards a day (+5 if you are ranking hi enough in squad arena for 2 refreshes a day). Even if they both have 0/65 shards, you can get there in just over a week. Chopper can be upgraded generally a little faster, and if you are maxing GW Zeb can go from 0 to 65 in 4.5 days. Kanaan usually takes the longest, but you'll probably be able to get 1.5 shipments per day, or 15 every 2 days so twice as long as Zeb (9 days). So, in 10 days you can get everyone from 4 to 5 stars, even if they're all at 0/65. That will be just before Thrawn's even ends, so you should still be able to unlock him as long as you have good mods (you'll probably need at least +50-60 speed, with potency crosses on Zeb and Hera). With EP's event happening later, you may actually have enough time to get him to 6 stars. With those 2, you'll have a much easier time on the DS table, they'll help you out with the harder GW nodes, and will likely score higher in the arena than Phoenix (depending on how far they are lagging behind in gear).
  • Options

Good mentality to have, though I wouldn't underestimate your ability to unlock them. EP is a super easy battle, you can beat his node once you have the minimum requirements (5*). If you use one refresh of cantina energy, you should be able to get 12 or so Ezra/Hera shards a day (+5 if you are ranking hi enough in squad arena for 2 refreshes a day). Even if they both have 0/65 shards, you can get there in just over a week. Chopper can be upgraded generally a little faster, and if you are maxing GW Zeb can go from 0 to 65 in 4.5 days. Kanaan usually takes the longest, but you'll probably be able to get 1.5 shipments per day, or 15 every 2 days so twice as long as Zeb (9 days). So, in 10 days you can get everyone from 4 to 5 stars, even if they're all at 0/65. That will be just before Thrawn's even ends, so you should still be able to unlock him as long as you have good mods (you'll probably need at least +50-60 speed, with potency crosses on Zeb and Hera). With EP's event happening later, you may actually have enough time to get him to 6 stars. With those 2, you'll have a much easier time on the DS table, they'll help you out with the harder GW nodes, and will likely score higher in the arena than Phoenix (depending on how far they are lagging behind in gear).

I was just looking at them again and I'm actually not that far from 5 stars for everyone. Hera is 29/65, Zeb is 55/65, Ezra is 5/65, Kanan is 50/65 and Chopper is 15/65. Thanks for the feedback!
  • Options
    Just an update. I got everyone to 5 stars and breezed through the first 4 tiers of the Thrawn event but I got waxed on tier V because I'm just not ready.

I've kinda resigned myself to the fact I won't get him this go around cause I'm still too new. Gear for everyone is only 6 and my overall level is only 63. I'm still new so I'll catch him next time.
  • Options
    As stated above, focus on your pheonix to get EP and thrawn. EP(L) vader, thrawn, tfp and tarkin will be fine for you fo a while. In time you'l also want to build an imperial trooper team and get your sith (Sith trooper, DN,DT and DS) up and running. At the moment, focus on EP and thrawn, then think about a DS tank. Go for either Stormtrooper or Shoretrooper until you can get yourself Darth Sion.
  • Options
    I was also getting waxed on tier V, using a 5 star gear 7 Phoenix team with the best mods I could put on them... then I realized that the game had "helpfully" inserted Zeb as my leader in place of Hera. I put Hera back in as leader and managed to beat unlock 5 star Thrawn with relative ease. It's unlikely that you (the OP) are making the same oversight... but I thought it was worth mentioning. It might help somebody. Also I think it's pretty funny (it took me three tries to notice).
  • IndiscreetGeek
    14 posts Member
    edited September 2018
    Options
    NEW UDPATE! I DID IT!

Hera - 6273 5s, 6/6/6/6 G6
    Zeb - 5655 5s, 6/6/4/6 G6
    Chopper - 5514 5s, 5/5/4/5 G7
    Ezra - 5493 5s, 5/4/6/6 G6
    Kanan - 5214 5s, 5/4/4/6 G6

Don't know if it was just good RNG or what but I did it. Pretty bad mods too but man, I didn't think it was possible with this team.
  • uhdea
    49 posts Member
    edited September 2018
    Options
    don't worry so much about completing tables. at your level you should focus on getting your teams up to g8, meaning farming gear. When you can unlock palp and thrawn you'll be able to get a good DS team rolling with palp (L)/thrawn/vader/tfp/tarkin. don't focus on gearing/leveling DS characters outside of that set right now, its a waste of resources. Focus on your phoenix team for right now.
  • IndiscreetGeek
    14 posts Member
    edited September 2018
    Options
    Thanks everyone for all the tips. Appreciate it.

Is the formula gonna be the same for Palpatine?
    Post edited by IndiscreetGeek on
  • Options
    Yep Ep is easier if anything.
  • Options
    GuanIsHere wrote: »
    As stated above, focus on your pheonix to get EP and thrawn. EP(L) vader, thrawn, tfp and tarkin will be fine for you fo a while. In time you'l also want to build an imperial trooper team and get your sith (Sith trooper, DN,DT and DS) up and running. At the moment, focus on EP and thrawn, then think about a DS tank. Go for either Stormtrooper or Shoretrooper until you can get yourself Darth Sion.

Shore is a much harder farm than Sion.....similar high level Hardmode Node but Sion has a Fleet node too.
    Royal Guard and/or Stormtrooper are the low level choices.
    I did Royal Guard early game BUT if I did it again I’d do Stormtrooper....