Mod selling question

Amnor
116 posts Member
We were told to keep our useless lvl 1 mods till the update instead of selling them right away.
It seems selling them now doesn't give any mod salvages. Am I missing something?

Is it safe to sell my excess mods now or is it better to keep on waiting?

Replies

• Acrofales
    1363 posts Member
    edited August 2018
    Options
    I don't know if mods are ever supposed to give salvage on sale, but I'll hold onto them for another day: that's when all the functionality of this patch will have gone live.

The actual wording implied that you'd want to upgrade your bad grey mods and pray you roll speed, so that you can then slice them. The reality is that slicing grey mods is pretty desperate if you aren't interested in the primary+set combination, so the vast majority of mods will still be trash. They didn't say selling grey mods would give you slice salvage.
  • Options
    level your purples without speed speed to 3 for maybe getting speed, level your blue ones without speed to 6 for maybe gettig speed and then sell the ones without speed gained and your green and grey mods, imho ;)
  • Amnor
    116 posts Member
    Options
    J0HND03 wrote: »
    level your purples without speed speed to 3 for maybe getting speed, level your blue ones without speed to 6 for maybe gettig speed and then sell the ones without speed gained and your green and grey mods, imho ;)
    Hmm... that still sounds like a waste of resources. But with the whole roster at lvl 85 and 35M in bank I guess I can waste a few hundred thousands...
  • Options
    J0HND03 wrote: »

This is the way to do it. But wait with selling til after the full patch is rolled out, because who knows, maybe you *will* get slicing salvage for them.
  • Amnor
    116 posts Member
    edited August 2018
    Options
    8M credits after I ended up with 23 mods with speed secondary in range 3-13. If I had other needs for credits Id reather pass, but in this case Ill take it gladly.
    Hopefully we *will* get slicing salvages from selling mods since it looks we will need a ton of them
  • Lonit
    35 posts Member
    edited August 2018
    Options
    is it me or its pointless to buy mods in store now? as your chance of speed going up even once is 25% each roll? Too much of a gamble for the price if you ask me.
  • Options
    evoluza wrote: »
    Lonit wrote: »
    is it me or its pointless to buy mods in store now? as your chance of speed going up even once is 25% each roll? Too much of a gamble for the price if you ask me.

Do or do not...

If we learned anything from Qui Gon, it's "Whenever you gamble, my friend, eventually you'll lose."
    The nice thing, personally speaking, is I don't use real money, so I only will lose something that is relevant to the game. Some times it's fun taking the chance and you will never win if you don't play.
  • Amnor
    116 posts Member
    Options

It was basically pointless to buy anything lower than perfectly balanced purple even before the update. For gold mods nothing has really changed. If you see one that has really good combination of stats with high speed (+5 for me) buy it. Otherwise its too much of a gamble
  • Acrofales
    1363 posts Member
    edited August 2018
    Options
    Amnor wrote: »

It was basically pointless to buy anything lower than perfectly balanced purple even before the update. For gold mods nothing has really changed. If you see one that has really good combination of stats with high speed (+5 for me) buy it. Otherwise its too much of a gamble

This.

Used to hunt for excellent gold or purple mods. Still do exactly that. Buying blue mods was never worth it.
  • Degs29
    361 posts Member
    Options
    Acrofales wrote: »
    I don't know if mods are ever supposed to give salvage on sale, but I'll hold onto them for another day: that's when all the functionality of this patch will have gone live.

The actual wording implied that you'd want to upgrade your bad grey mods and pray you roll speed, so that you can then slice them.

That's all fine and dandy, but at the extreme cost to fully slice up a grey mod, I don't see how it's worth it. Unless the drop rate of salvage on mod battles is extremely high, I probably won't be slicing anything below a blue mod. Hell, maybe not even blue mods! They boned the cost structure royally IMO.
  • Options
    Degs29 wrote: »

The actual wording implied that you'd want to upgrade your bad grey mods and pray you roll speed, so that you can then slice them.

That's all fine and dandy, but at the extreme cost to fully slice up a grey mod, I don't see how it's worth it. Unless the drop rate of salvage on mod battles is extremely high, I probably won't be slicing anything below a blue mod. Hell, maybe not even blue mods! They boned the cost structure royally IMO.

If you look at the mats, though, the slicing mats for grey mods and for blue mods have 0 overlap. So you can slice grey mods without ever affecting your ability to slice blue mods or above.
  • Amnor
    116 posts Member
    Options

If you look at the mats, though, the slicing mats for grey mods and for blue mods have 0 overlap. So you can slice grey mods without ever affecting your ability to slice blue mods or above.

In theory yes. But youll never farm grey salvages, since all the energy will be spent for purple/blue salvages