Mod challenges

Why still in mod challenges can win mod with 3 and 4 stars?

Replies

• Options
    It's intended - if you check the list of possible rewards, you can win 5, 4 or 3 dot. On T2 you can win 4, 3 or 2 dot and on T1 you can win 3, 2 or 1 dot :)
  • Options
    And for what you need 3 and 4? Even most of 5 stars is grey.
  • Zmobie
    54 posts Member
    edited August 2018
    Options
    I think he meant why did they leave it that way and I've got to agree. The side effect of this is now for an older player anything below 5 is worthless and a lot of 5E stuff will be too since to make anything viable eventually it with need to be 6E.
  • Options
    Today I play 2 challenges for 16 energy every, and win 3 star purple, and 5star grey, for fu what? For what in challenges 3 tier we can win mods below 5 star?
  • Options
    Xx1xx2xx2 wrote: »
    Today I play 2 challenges for 16 energy every, and win 3 star purple, and 5star grey, for fu what? For what in challenges 3 tier we can win mods below 5 star?

I'm not trying to dismiss your point, but mod farming isn't 2 challenges. I'm in a guild where guild-mates farm mods. I'm talking multiple refreshes daily, looking to improve what they have. And in the process sell probably 95% of what the rewards are immediately. If you want to farm mods, then you have to put in the attempts. Realizing that there are going to be days where you get nothing that's better than what you have.
  • Options

Dude.... Mod farming should be like two days a week, where all of your energy except what is required to finish your dailies goes there..... Two sims is squat....
  • Sewpot
    2010 posts Member
    Options
    We do have new players that play this game don’t forget. They can probably just beat the beginning tiers. The gamble at tier 3 is just that, a gamble. If it spits out 5 dots all day you could easily farm golds in no time. I agree it’s lame but it does also make a little sense.
  • Options
    It doesn't matter, in 3 tier rewards shouldn't have 3 or 4 stars couse they useless.
  • JIVJI
    16 posts Member
    Options
    you still get something everytime you sim the battle .. cuz in cantina and hard notes not everytime is guaranteed shard or gear .. so it`s not that bad.
  • Options
    JIVJI wrote: »
    you still get something everytime you sim the battle .. cuz in cantina and hard notes not everytime is guaranteed shard or gear .. so it`s not that bad.

tbh I no longer count a 3 or 4 star mod as 'getting something' since the advent of slicing.
    https://swgoh.gg/u/ionastarbound/
    Discord: Iona Starbound#5299
  • Options

Dude, what about you talking? I not say about do you get something or not. But no one use mods with 3- 4 stars. And like I say even if you get 5 star most of them grey so suck. No sence challenges wher you can win 3 - 4 stars couse they usless
  • JIVJI
    16 posts Member
    Options
    I`m trying to say that atleast you can sell them and get some credits ... what about the thousands of gear pieces in your inventory that nobody needs and you can`t get anything in return?
    But for the grey mods you`re right ... and I`m pretty sure after the update they nurfed the drop rates of colored mods cuz it`s been almost whole week of farming mods and I got only 1 (maybe 2) blue mods and that`s it .. no sign of purple or gold ...
  • Options

tbh I no longer count a 3 or 4 star mod as 'getting something' since the advent of slicing.

tbh, after the first week of mods I never counted a 3 or 4 dot mod as 'getting something'. Really, if there was a reasonable possibility of getting a much better mod, I didn't waste the resources on a 3 or 4 dot. Those have always been trash mods. I have 0 mods that are less than 5 dot.

• Options
    Fanatic wrote: »

tbh, after the first week of mods I never counted a 3 or 4 dot mod as 'getting something'. Really, if there was a reasonable possibility of getting a much better mod, I didn't waste the resources on a 3 or 4 dot. Those have always been trash mods. I have 0 mods that are less than 5 dot.

I have a couple of guildies who have 4-dot mods with ~20 speed secondaries. By no means useless.
    https://swgoh.gg/u/ionastarbound/
    Discord: Iona Starbound#5299
  • Options
    I think with the mod challenges, it should be Tier 1 rewards 2 dot and possibly 3 dots, Tier 2 rewards 3 dot and possibly 4 dots, and Tier 3 should rewards 4 dots with possible 5 dot.

Anything below 5 dot is useless to me and an auto sell regardless of stats or color, but they should refine the focus of each tier so there's less chance of garbage (less chance doesn't necessarily mean a higher chance of better mods. Ppl need to be cognizant of that.)
  • Options

I have a couple of guildies who have 4-dot mods with ~20 speed secondaries. By no means useless.

Ok, so? From 50 people how much mods with 4 * and speed 20 or more?

Ofcourse you can sell, but how much you got from this mod 9500? So not too much, and how much cost in shop. Even in shop you cant buy mods with 3 stars, but in last tier you can win, and it's not sometimes,but pretty often
  • Options
    FolsomTony wrote: »

I'm not trying to dismiss your point, but mod farming isn't 2 challenges. I'm in a guild where guild-mates farm mods. I'm talking multiple refreshes daily, looking to improve what they have. And in the process sell probably 95% of what the rewards are immediately. If you want to farm mods, then you have to put in the attempts. Realizing that there are going to be days where you get nothing that's better than what you have.

Lol. Days. There's *weeks* in which you don't get better stuff. There's days you don't even get a purple, let alone a purple or gold with speed. Mod farming is sloooooow, even at 3 refreshes daily.
  • Options
    Acrofales wrote: »
    FolsomTony wrote: »

Lol. Days. There's *weeks* in which you don't get better stuff. There's days you don't even get a purple, let alone a purple or gold with speed. Mod farming is sloooooow, even at 3 refreshes daily.

I was referring to the player who was commenting on the result of 2 challenges. I bet they could improve what they have every day. The best mod farmer in my guild, I assume, takes a long time to improve his inventory.
  • Options
    Ok, so why is everyone acting like 3 and 4 dot mods being garbage is anything new? If you have a decent collection of mods that has been the case for awile as has the need to spend days worth of energy to maybe get one arena worthy mod. None of that is new. What is new is we have new energy to use on it and the refresh cost is half of that of cantina energy. Both are improvements. I am not farming mods but material to upgrade the ones I have instead. It just seems better to upgrade my already decent blue, green, and purples before using energy to maybe get a decent mod that has a small chance to roll to a decent mod when I upgrade. I get some decent mods from events and buy them from the store. So the poor droprates matter even less now.
  • Sewpot
    2010 posts Member
    Options
    What I don’t get is why they are still selling 4dot mods in mod shop? Nobody is gonna touch those anymore so why not make them all 5 dots??
  • Qwik
    25 posts Member
    Options
    But no one use mods with 3- 4 stars.

Um, hello. I have been playing for less than a month and I have nothing but 3 & 4 star mods to put on my heroes. Came looking for tips on how to progress through the mod challenges but I can clearly see that this is more of a 'rant' thread, but figured I would chime in, as 3-4 star mods are working for me right now.

Speaking in absolutes is never an accurate way to convey a thought, just sayin
  • Options
    Its meant to control the # of good mods u get.
  • Options
    August 2018, how I missed thee.
  • Options
    August 2018, how I missed thee.

I love August 2018.
  • Qwik
    25 posts Member
    Options
    August?

My birth month.....not a fan particularly, lol