Feature Request: Discard Slice

Thanks for the awesome work on the new mods bit. It's a nice change without being disruptive and has been very well communicated - really well done!

One small request - would it be possible for us to 'discard' the results of a slice. For example, say I have a +18 speed secondary and I really really really want to proc that last secondary upgrade on speed. Once I slice it, I'm done. But, what if I could pay for the slice and decide - "meh, you keep the salvage and credits required for the slice, it's more valuable for me to try that again".

Really good speed secondaries are clearly rare and 'losing' the opportunity to get an elite one hurts. I'd rather be able to throw the salvage away and retry than maximize the mod. Just a thought.

Replies

• Options
    Won't happen. It would create a path to basically craft your own mods with the 5E tier. People with plenty to burn would end up pouring everything into 5 toons mods and get perfect speed rolls. Within 6 months you would end up with arena shards in the same shape as ships with coin flips on who can win a matchup.
  • Options
    Thanks for the awesome work on the new mods bit. It's a nice change without being disruptive and has been very well communicated - really well done!

One small request - would it be possible for us to 'discard' the results of a slice. For example, say I have a +18 speed secondary and I really really really want to proc that last secondary upgrade on speed. Once I slice it, I'm done. But, what if I could pay for the slice and decide - "meh, you keep the salvage and credits required for the slice, it's more valuable for me to try that again".

Really good speed secondaries are clearly rare and 'losing' the opportunity to get an elite one hurts. I'd rather be able to throw the salvage away and retry than maximize the mod. Just a thought.

Which secondaries that will roll is likely predetermined for programming purposed.... So, this likely isn't going to happen....
  • Options
    This should not happen.

It removes chance from slicing, even at a cost to the player. It amounts to choosing your own stats, and would destroy any sort of competitiveness in slicing because the whales would pay extensively to have nothing but god-tier mods.
  • Options
    It's the same thing as when you upgrade a mod. Can't rollback a mod when you upgrade it, so you shouldn't be able to rollback a slice
  • Zmobie
    54 posts Member
    edited August 2018
    Options
    BubbaFett wrote: »

Which secondaries that will roll is likely predetermined for programming purposed.... So, this likely isn't going to happen....

Actually it would be worse to predetermine that from a programming perspective. Also, when the stat bug on mod secondaries happened a while back they stated on some of the mods that got reset, when they were releveled they would end up with different stats so it is almost definitely random at the time of the leveling.
  • Options
    Zmobie wrote: »
    Won't happen. It would create a path to basically craft your own mods with the 5E tier. People with plenty to burn would end up pouring everything into 5 toons mods and get perfect speed rolls. Within 6 months you would end up with arena shards in the same shape as ships with coin flips on who can win a matchup.

"Plenty" being the operative term here. I understand the counterpoints, but speed secondaries are already random enough as it is (as someone who did three refreshes for a month and found a grand total of one arena caliber mod, I know), why include even more randomness. Why not give the player a sense of their own destiny?
  • Options
    Zmobie wrote: »

"Plenty" being the operative term here. I understand the counterpoints, but speed secondaries are already random enough as it is (as someone who did three refreshes for a month and found a grand total of one arena caliber mod, I know), why include even more randomness. Why not give the player a sense of their own destiny?

Yeah, and give whales even more advantage. This is extremely bad idea, it would force people to do that just to be able compete in arena against whales and older players.
  • Options
    The randomness isn't any worse than it was already. In fact now the low quality crap before that went to sell immediately can be leveled for a lot less credits to see if it had good secondaries and then sliced into a decent mod with a lot less RNG. You'll still end up with imperfect mods, but far more are usable this way than before and it cuts the grind down without giving a path to creating god level perfect mods.