A counterpoint to the outage over mod slicing costs.

Corrog
308 posts Member
Frankly, I find this outage funny, but for those legitimately angered or worried, think about it this way:

It could've been a LOT worse.

Imagine if they didn't do slicing at all, but rather just introduced a new tier of mods. It's what a lot of us were expecting. All of a sudden, every mod you have is worth less. 6 dot mods would be necessary for everything at the highest level. There's certainly precedence for it. Every new gear level acts this way. Think back no further than the introduction of gear 12. It was hard to get gear, gated behind high end content. Or purchasable in packs.

Instead, we get the opportunity to keep our most valuable mods as valuable as they currently are. It might take a while at first, but my best mods will be my best mods in a few months. I don't have to farm them again, hoping and praying I get good secondaries quickly. And it's not like every mod is worth upgrading to 6 dot right now anyway. There's several that get minimal boosts.

And it's not like this will be the only way to get these slicing materials, ever. We all know there eventually will be other ways. New events, new store locations, and raid rewards. It's as sure a thing as the sunrise tomorrow. As ever, the current structure allows whales and dolphins to lessen the farm. That's all.

Replies

• Sewpot
    2010 posts Member
    Options
    You make no sense. Your mods would still be relevant you would slowly fade them out from 5 to 6 like we are anyway but at a much faster and less costly pace. And then we could have 7 way down the road.
  • Options
    It’s frustrating because we were essentially lead to believe that we would be able to acquire these new mods without it impacting our other farms. That’s why we loved the new mod energy. But then we find out that they are going to basically take all of our guild currency. Now we have to sacrifice to get these new mods. It’s much less ideal than we anticipated, and therefore you get upset customers, regardless of how awesome the rest of this update is.

• terascque
    43 posts Member
    edited August 2018
    Options
    Or you can spend mod energy farming mod battles stage nine. This is how you farm slicing materials. This does not impact your other farms in any way.
  • 3pourr2
    1927 posts Member
    Options
    terascque wrote: »
    Or you can spend mod energy farming mod battles stage nine. This is how you farm slicing materials. This does not impact your other farms in any way.

Mk2 pulse modulator the one piece you need to slice 5a to 6e is sold for crystals or guild tokens not on the mod table.
  • terascque
    43 posts Member
    edited August 2018
    Options
    Correct, one piece requires you to spend something other than mode energy. Everything else can be obtained with mod energy. The Mk2 Pulse Modulator is very farmable. Do guild events for tokens and you can buy as many of the things as you want without having to spend any actual money. All slicing materials are obtainable both for Krakens and for F2P.