September Calendar

Why have Territory Battles been shortened by one full day? Is this a mistake or something we haven’t been told about yet?

Replies

• Options
    Not sure what you're talking about bud. First one starts on the 4th and runs till the 9th (4-5-6-7-8-9) which is 6 days. Think you may have just counted wrong.
  • Fauztin
    1332 posts Member
    Options
    Umm, no. He’s right.

Starts on the 4th, going to the 5th is 1 day.
    Going from 5th to 6th is 2 days.
    From 6th to 7th is 3 days.
    7th to 8th is 4 days.
    8th to ending on the 9th is only 5 days of TB.

It would need to end on the 10th for 6 full days of a TB.
    "I am a leaf on the wind. Watch how I soar." ~ Hoban Washburne
  • 3pourr2
    1927 posts Member
    Options
    Lol the 4th/1 5th/2 6th/3 7th/4 8th/5 9th/6. Thats 6 days. That new millennial math is garbage.
  • Options
    Fauztin wrote: »
    Umm, no. He’s right.

7th to 8th is 4 days.

Fair enough.. Fixing one thing and simultaneously screwing something else up does seem to be CG's speciality though. They also forgot to include the Endor Escalation event in September (unless they just decided to stop running it without telling anyone...)
  • Fauztin
    1332 posts Member
    Options
    Lol, I think it’s safe to say that we’re all highly anticipating official responses to shine a light on our near future. TBs, # of TWs, missing events, etc. We may just have to wait until some of these events get started to get a better grasp of what will be happening.
  • 3pourr2
    1927 posts Member
    Options
    Lol, I think it’s safe to say that we’re all highly anticipating official responses to shine a light on our near future. TBs, # of TWs, missing events, etc. We may just have to wait until some of these events get started to get a better grasp of what will be happening.
    3pourr2 wrote: »
    Lol the 4th/1 5th/2 6th/3 7th/4 8th/5 9th/6. Thats 6 days. That new millennial math is garbage.

Its this you count the 4th as day 1 and go from there.
  • Chat
    18 posts Member
    Options

You forgot that it ends at the end of the 9th day, not ends at the start of the 9th day.

Or another way to put it, it's the 5th-9th inclusive of those days. Exactly how it's always been, and how it's always been written. Check the previous calendars if you aren't sure.
  • Fauztin
    1332 posts Member
    Options
    I did not consider time zone differences - my TBs always start at 12pm, in the middle of my day. So that’s the way I always calculated it’s duration: 4th to the 5th as a single day, not needing to consider “start” or “end” of a day.
  • Options
    p0a177biqo5f.gif
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    Options
    Most of us have 5 fingers on a hand but we only have 4 spaces in between the fingers. CG is marking the fingers in their calendar. OP is only counting the spaces in between the fingers.
  • Options
    All previous TB’s started on a Monday and ended on a Sunday. They are showing them starting on a Tuesday and ending on a Sunday. That’s one less day, period.
  • Options
    Umm, no. He’s right.

7th to 8th is 4 days.

You may want to check your information and reasoning once again. F.ex. check how it has been written i previous calendars. Nothing changed. Furthermor, events that run for 24 hours and hence may cover two days are listed as running the first day only. This is just the good old '5 fingers - but only 4 spaces in between them' discussion again. CG is listing the 6 fingers, but you are only counting the 5 spaces in between them.
  • Options
    It's an idiosyncrasy of CG's. Sometimes I find it strange that an event which is listed as running until the 9th will actually end at 7pm on the 10th for me, but then I think 'Americans' and that explains a lot.
    https://swgoh.gg/u/ionastarbound/
    Discord: Iona Starbound#5299
  • Options
    Waqui wrote: »
    Most of us have 5 fingers on a hand but we only have 4 spaces in between the fingers. CG is marking the fingers in their calendar. OP is only counting the spaces in between the fingers.

This. Is. Fantastic.

5 tws! And 3 tbs!!!! I’m hype! Gotta get my wampa to 7*
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    Dates listed are the start of the last date. This is correct and has been written this way for some time. But passed along the request for clarity in the future
This discussion has been closed.