zMaul in arena

Cyclonick
126 posts Member
edited August 2018
I am in a relatively new shard (March 2018) with mostly Palp, Bastilla teams. Some Titans, JTR, Troopers and NS teams make it to the top 20 as well.

I was chasing the Palp meta, am tired of all those mirror matches and getting crushed by teams with 30k less GP and now do not feel like chasing the next Bastilla meta but rather am looking for an alternative that may hold a decent rank in arena while not being too prone to those meta shifts happening every once in a while.

Titans, JTR or Rex team may fill that spot too, but what about zMaul?

So, to all the zMaul users out there:
- Is zMaul still a viable option for arena?
- What is the ideal team for a zMaul lead?

Replies

• Roopehunter
    1188 posts Member
    edited August 2018
    Options
    Zmaul is hard countered by r2. So anyone who wants to defeat you, will need only to swap in an r2 to do that. Any pretty much every single player has r2.

Also, the palp meta easily defeats zmaul teams too, because no matter if youre stealthed or not, palp+dv+tarkin+sion+dn all have aoes.
  • Options
    look, zaul is still viable and can actually give you some stuff. but if you are on a newer shard, i wouldnt zeta maul.
    if you do have zeta maul, fine, you can use and have the inital TM and stuff like that. even team of Zaul+nest when you "force" the other team to attack nest frequently can work great... but if you dont have zeta maul, save the zeta, its not valuable as it used to be, and you can have cheaper temporary solutions in arena until you zeta the next upcoming meta (which we dont know who)
    so i wouldnt zeta him personally, just save the 20 mats.
  • Options
    I zetad maul back when he was meta. With sith assassin and nihilus.. But I still find him useful. Mostly in TW. TB and some raids.. I use him on Defense in TW
  • Cyclonick
    126 posts Member
    edited September 2018
    Options
    @Crazygone510 what exactly makes SA so valuable for a zMaul lead? And why do you use DV over Palp?
    OH, and how does it perform VS bastila lead?
    Post edited by Cyclonick on
  • Options
    Valuable info! Thanks @Crazygone510
    I have however decided to keep the zeta mats for now and see what the near future will bring :)