Stage 9 Mod battle rewards

Is it just me or is anyone else getting tired of CG putting a singular reward drop rate only for it to be a range?
For example, on mod battles it shows on each node a possible drop of 3 slicing mats....when in reality it’s 1-3 materials. Can we get that posted instead of the misleading drop rates? Make it obvious that there is a range and not a flat payout.

Replies

• Options
    You are mistaken thou....it's 0-3 materials. At least 0 is rare enough.
  • 3pourr2
    1927 posts Member
    Options
    Angelloyd wrote: »
    You are mistaken thou....it's 0-3 materials. At least 0 is rare enough.
    The credits and xp dont behave that way and thats what makes it confusing.
  • Options
    Very misleading, and no good reason for doing it other than to be misleading.
  • Options
    Thats nirm. I manytimes have even 0 drop from 10 battles
  • Options
    It's the same thing as on all the nodes. Although the nodes may say you get a shard or piece of gear, you dont always get something, do you?
  • Options
    Dmoney5101 wrote: »
    It's the same thing as on all the nodes. Although the nodes may say you get a shard or piece of gear, you dont always get something, do you?

Thats not what he is getting at. With gear its either a 1 or a 0. With this salvage it says 3, so it feels like it should be 3 or 0 but its anything in between, so if it said 1-3 would cover all possibilities but obviously doesn't.
  • 3pourr2
    1927 posts Member
    Options

Any node the gives more than a single piece of gear, gives exactly that number.
  • MrRedxZero
    115 posts Member
    edited August 2018
    Options
    U r just being pety, imo. People that complain about things like this should just quit. Cuz obviously u don't enjoy the game. if u do enjoy it. How can u bash the devs all the time..yea they're not perfect. But id like to see any of the complainers on these forums please millions of people, better than CG does..or how ever many play this game
  • 3pourr2
    1927 posts Member
    Options
    MrRedxZero wrote: »
    U r just being pety, imo. People that complain about things like this should just quit. Cuz obviously u don't enjoy the game. if u do enjoy it. How can u bash the devs all the time..yea they're not perfect. But id like to see any of the complainers on these forums please millions of people, better than CG does..or how ever many play this game

Wow complaining about complaining very constructive
  • Options
    3pourr2 wrote: »

Not true. LS 1D normal shows 3 for the MK1 furnace but gives anywhere from 0-3. There aren’t many like this but it’s not new. Been around since launch
  • Monel
    2786 posts Member
    Options
    I get what your saying cause I honestly thought the same thing at first. But then I realized the drop rates are pretty **** good. So I almost immediately changed my mind and became grateful. It could be like farming character shards where max you can get is 1 and that only happens roughly 33% of the time.

In summary, their wording is bad but their rewards are good.
  • Options

Thats not what he is getting at. With gear its either a 1 or a 0. With this salvage it says 3, so it feels like it should be 3 or 0 but its anything in between, so if it said 1-3 would cover all possibilities but obviously doesn't.

Yeah this is my point. It says “possible rewards” so I know there’s always the chance to come up empty. But i think it would be better to show the range rather than just the flat number.
  • Options
    MrRedxZero wrote: »

So a simple QoL fix is bashing the devs? I’m not bashing them at all actually. The drop rates are very fair for the slicing material and having its own energy is helpeful too, with a good refresh cost of 50 crystals.
    All I’m saying is that it would be better and far less confusing to have the range of possible rewards than a flat number. Same goes with the STR challenge and the carbanti drop. It says you’ll get 7 but the range is 3-7....more like 3-5 but see where I’m getting at? If not, and I still just seem petty to you, then Oh well. Can’t please everyone right?
  • Options
    Monel wrote: »
    I get what your saying cause I honestly thought the same thing at first. But then I realized the drop rates are pretty **** good. So I almost immediately changed my mind and became grateful. It could be like farming character shards where max you can get is 1 and that only happens roughly 33% of the time.

My thoughts exactly. It’s more annoying to see “possible reward of 3” but it’s actually a range. It’s a simple annoyance really. Wouldn’t be difficult to fix IMO
  • Options
    3pourr2 wrote: »

Not quite true, the mk1 armor mod 6 energy node can give 1 or 2
    https://swgoh.gg/u/ionastarbound/
    Discord: Iona Starbound#5299
  • Options
    It states possible reward are 3 pcs.... so reward should be in multiples of 3, just like the other rewards for that battle..
  • Options
    The confusing part is its not upto 1400 credits or upto 14 xp. Yet the mats vary.
  • Options
    Monel wrote: »

Agreed. I don't mind it being a range considering the drop rate which seems closer to 40-50%

Would appreciate it if they made the drop rate for shards and gear like that. I'll take the 8 tries over 5 though.