Mod load outs

When your creating your various load outs does the game prevent you from using the same mod twice? For example I want to create load outs for each toon in my heroic sith Jtr squad. Am I prevented from using the same crit damage triangle on let’s say Jtr & Resistance Trooper?

Replies

• Options
    No, when you try a window pops up asking to transfer the overlapping mods from character 1 to character 2
  • Options
    For example, I put the same 2 tenacity arrows in 2 loadouts and loaded one to Farmboy Luke, then the other to IG-88. When I tried to put it on IG-88, it asked me to transfer the arrow from FBLuke to IG.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    No, when you try a window pops up asking to transfer the overlapping mods from character 1 to character 2

this implies you have them equipped to your team when making them.

if you make them once while setting it up before a raid, then yes you can use this message and the fact that you can see the image of who its on.
  • Options
    Thank you both. Another question then when I assign a load out and then unassign said load out do the mods revert back to the original toon that had them?
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    Thank you both. Another question then when I assign a load out and then unassign said load out do the mods revert back to the original toon that had them?

no. you will need to make an "original" loud out to out them back where they belong
  • Options
    I was afraid you were going to say that. I’m going to end up with a load out tab for every toon then lol
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    yeah, i'm trying to figure out my most effective system right now too.
  • Options
    Kyno wrote: »

this implies you have them equipped to your team when making them.

if you make them once while setting it up before a raid, then yes you can use this message and the fact that you can see the image of who its on.

I didn’t have the arrow on any toon when I put it in the 2 loadouts. Both loadouts came from my unassigned mod pool. Both load outs were just the 1 arrow mod (same arrow). I named one Test and the other Test 2. I put Test on Luke. Then I tried to put Test 2 on IG. Then I got the window asking to transfer them.

So, in conclusion, you CAN put the same mod in different loadouts. You can’t, however, have 2 different loadouts that contain the same mods on 2 different toons. If you try, the transfer window will pop up.
  • Options
    There is an option when setting up the loadouts to filter out equipped mods and/or mods already in a loadout. Personally I plan to make loadouts for each of my "important" toons of relatively equal priority (e.g. arena squad and certain raid squads) so they can steal mods from less important toons but not from each other (but they still could if I wanted).
  • Options
    So far I've set it up that I have a "default loadout", and add toons to it before I start changing their potential mods for hSTR, TB or TW. But it's going to be difficult to use. I already found with one hSTR that it's not really worth all the time (although if you're struggling with hSTR it probably is), and stealing mods from toons who I didn't save a default loadout for, meant I had to go through my entire roster and fix them.
  • Options
    I’ve got a “Sith raid” and “post Sith raid” loadout for some toons. Costs a lot of credits though. Can see me not bothering in the future.
  • Options
    Yeah, seems the loadouts are expensive, I'm glad I read this post before I used one. Would have been a pain to put it back onto my toons.
  • Options
    Yeah, seems the loadouts are expensive, I'm glad I read this post before I used one. Would have been a pain to put it back onto my toons.

Loadouts don't cost anything. Unequipping mods costs 4,750 credits per mk5 mod. Always did, and still does.
  • Options
    Loadouts are a shortcut to unequipping 6 mods from another toon, and the toon in question if they already have mods on them.

Using them will cost credits.
  • Botzone1
    167 posts Member
    edited September 2018
    Options
    I have used so many credits in mod swapping that it seams like its now a luxury to mod swap, Will our new Credit Heist be upgraded to cover these cost? 250k to swap one way then 250k to swap them back just to have a practice at the sith raid.
    Then tomorrow I will do it for reals and blow another half a mil on mod swaps
  • crzydroid
    7341 posts Moderator
    Options
    Austin9370 wrote: »
    Swapping mods was never intended to be a regular action taken by players. If that was the case, just get 50 good mods and be done with them.

This. I think the loadouts were added to acknowledge that mod swapping is a thing and because people have been asking for ot for a long time, so a total mod overhaul was a perfect time to implement it.

But using the loadouts seems to put the cost of mod swapping in perspective. So if you're going to go broke swapping mods, maybe it's time to farm new ones.