Zaul lead in Sept 2018?

I've tried running zaul, nihilus, sion, SA, and SiT. But when I do, I get bumped to
250+. When i run palp i can go to 100-150. My issue is teams with sion and nihilus and thrawn. I can beat teams that dont have one of those, but I struggle versus teams with all 3.

I decided to switch back to my palp team with vader, sion, nihilus, and tarkin. But i dont want to run the same team that literally 40+ out of the top 50 are running. I want to have fun, but I also want to be able to hang.

I have a few toons on my mind and I'd like your guys' advice. I cant find any maul teams in my shard or on swgoh.gg.

Zaul, SA, SiT, Sion, Nihilus the best squad? Maybe my mod decisions aren't right?
I dont want to use Vader or palp. Vader cant tank without palp lead and palp is too squishy. I dont want 3 squishy toons. I heard some team comps a few months ago but since sion came out things have changed. As well as the recent defense mod changes.

Best team out of maul, SA, SiT, Nihilus, Sion, Zavage, Rex? Visas marr?? Shed synergize with sa and sit pretty well I think. But I have farmed her at all, or rex.
Enfys nest? If my other sith are stealthier then they'd have to attack her and that's be bad for them?
What do u guys think? What's working for you? And I mean really working. And how do you mod your team?

Replies

• Options
    The probably with running Zaul is anyone just needs to throw in R2 and your team falls apart. Traya makes the Daze obsolete. Sion strips the stealth.

Vader can still tank without EP lead, you just need the unique zeta.
  • Options
    I use a zaul lead with sion, nh, Vader, and nest. Vader is definitely replaceable. The stealth does help to funnel attacks to nest who can absorb a ton of damage. I currently working on upgrading the team especially nests zeta which I think will make the team way more viable defensively. I can take #1 pretty regularly but keeping it is a different story. I can beat cls, bastilla, palp, and jtr leads just about every time. The trickiest teams to beat with zaul lead is actually palp, but I believe nests taunt ignore will really help with this.
  • Options
    My shard has no trays. And I actually can beat any palp team that is missing one of the big 5 (sion nihilus palp Vader and thrawn) if they have anyone else in there then i can win every time as long as i play it right. I feel like if I mod everyone on my team with at least 1 tenacity set with a tenacity cross then o can maybe defend r2. It's like 70 percent. I often repel 4 or 5 out of 5 stuns from palp aswell as other debuffs. I want to try nest but dont have the gear or time as I am trying to get my thrawn and go geared since I just got them.

Here's my account
    https://swgoh.gg/u/darthmordecai/
  • Options
    I can own full nightmare teams with zaul. Even ones that are higher powered. A must though is utilizing nest and Vader. I can also beat jtr r2 teams 80% of the time. Defense is a different story though, been having to snipe to earn first place rewards.
  • Options
    The probably with running Zaul is anyone just needs to throw in R2 and your team falls apart. Traya makes the Daze obsolete. Sion strips the stealth.

Vader can still tank without EP lead, you just need the unique zeta.

R2 is a pest but definitely doesnt shut down this zaul, and as far as soon goes removing cloak isnt a big deal since it gives everybody advantage
  • Options
    Traya owns anybody
  • Options
    Why do u use Vader? I just swapped out SiT for nest and I was able to jump like 200 tanks. Isn't SA more beneficial than vader?
  • Options
    And who do you take out first? I cant seem to find a way to stop thrawn from giving someone protection right before I kill them.
  • Options
    And who do you take out first? I cant seem to find a way to stop thrawn from giving someone protection right before I kill them.

Not sure which team you're talking about with Thrawn. Vader has several benefits, you get the first move even though other units are way faster. And he can hit R2 through foresight, as well as yoda. Plus the ability block he almost always lands on these units is very helpful.