Mod salvage is here, how about salvaging mods?

With Mods 2.0 most of us ended up with a colorful assortment of Mk V mods - all of which can now be sliced to Tier A (yellow). Mod salvage, however, is not that abundant. At the same time, selling unwanted mods only yields some credits.

I would really like to be able to salvage a mod and get one or two pieces of mod salvage out of it. I don't think it would break the game if salvaging Tier E mod gave me a single piece of the low level salvage. You need ten of those to slice to Tier D, so farming them would still be more efficient, but at least we'd get to upgrade mods slightly faster.

Salvaging upper tier mods should yield the corresponding mod salvage pieces. Considering how many you need for a single upgrade, it won't have a huge impact, but the whole process will be more logical.

Replies

• Options
    overall, I think it’s a great update and this would have made it better imo. I hope they do this but I’m not optimistic.
  • Options
    This is a fantastic idea.
  • Gannon
    1636 posts Member
    Options
    I honestly expected this to have been part of the update.. was sad it wasn't. hope they add it later..
  • Options
    Too high CG greed is.
  • Options
    evoluza wrote: »
    Gannon wrote: »
    I honestly expected this to have been part of the update.. was sad it wasn't. hope they add it later..

Maybe after they are done with selling overpriced mod packs

You made me laugh out loud! Good job!
  • Options
    It was an idea CG mentioned in the past when they suggested we hold onto all of our unwanted mods. I thought we would get to salvage something from them but have stopped waiting and cleaned house. I also thought we would be able to see what would be the potential unreleased stats on lower level ones to overcome the credit crunch but that did not happen so I still don’t farm mods, I buy them or get them as event rewards. I now farm salvage parts, one arena toon at a time.
  • Ultra
    11521 posts Moderator
    Options
    I love this idea and honestly, and I think it would encourage people to farm mods again. From what I've read so far everywhere is that people are farming mod salvage gear instead of mods themselves.
  • Options
    Love this idea.
  • Options
    As nice as that would've been, mods are like gear and you can't "break" gear down. I bet that one of the devs will eventually say that this idea would drastically upset the economy in the game and those who have been mod farming all along will have an unfair advantage.
  • Options
    As nice as that would've been, mods are like gear and you can't "break" gear down. I bet that one of the devs will eventually say that this idea would drastically upset the economy in the game and those who have been mod farming all along will have an unfair advantage.

Those who have been mod farming all along already have an advantage...

This idea is similar to breaking down weapons and armor into components, which is often found in RPGs. I like it.