Ship Challenges 2.0 is Broken (Really)

LeviathanTamer
9 posts Member
edited September 2018
Now, I already know that just by saying this I've already got people about to post saying "Farm the Purple Mats from the Table" or "Just get [X] set up"

So just stop, because your arguments are already invalid. Namely because you can't even get INTO the actual range of Ship Ability Materials III, because in order to do that you need to get the Executor to 5-stars by doing Capital Ship Upgrades: Grand Moff Tarkin Tier IV and that challenge is broken to hell and back.

This is what Capital Games recommends you have for the fight.

Recommended Level: 75
Ships at: 4-Stars or Higher

and those recommendations are complete and utter LIES. If I am at Level 75, then I'm not even able to ACCESS the Purple Materials to farm unless I get REALLY lucky and manage to beat a Level 78 Fleet with only one casualty at most. Which given the state that Ships are in right now, is **** near impossible.

So, how in the world is a Level 75 Fleet, with 4-star ships, and no purple ability materials, EVER SUPPOSED TO BEAT THIS LOAD OF CRAP?

I'm running a Level 80 Fleet, 7-Star Tie Silencer (7-Star Kylo Ren all abilities sans Zetas), 5-Star Tie Advanced (6-Star Darth Vader all abilities sans Zetas), 5-Star Slave 1 (7-Star Boba Fett all abilities sans Zetas), 5-Star Sun Fac's Ship (5-Star Sun Fac all abilities sans Zetas), and a 6-Star Tie Fighter (6-Star Tie Figher Pilot, All abilities maxed) (All of them are Gear 8, the highest I can go right now)

By all means, I should be absolutely bodying this challenge. It should be unfortunate if I manage to lose a ship. But is that my experience so far?

ABSOLUTELY NOT

Instead, here I am praying to RNGsus that Tie Silencer stuns the Phantom II and doesn't get resisted. Here I am praying that Darth Vader doesn't get destroyed before he can even take his first turn, let alone survive until Sun Fac can arrive to actually tank. Here I am hoping that if all else has gone to plan that the Home One doesn't use its Mass Cleanse to erase everything I've done BECAUSE I CAN BARELY DENT THEIR HEALTH PAST THEIR PROTECTION.

This is THE definition of a Broken Challenge. CG opens up that challenge at Level 75 with 4-Star Ships and recommends that you be Level 75 with 4-Star Ships, that challenge better be able to be beaten at Level 75 with 4-Star Ships

Not Level 85 with Purple Materials and 7-Star Ships with and 7-Star Gear 12 Characters (which is legitimately what I've seen being suggested... for a LEVEL 75 CHALLENGE).

and so far all that I've seen from other people regarding what to do with this, is just freaking SHRUG and go "Oh well nothing can be helped." No. No. Capital Games isn't going to learn about the problem, unless people actually point out that there's a problem. Because no, waiting 10 levels just so you can TRY to even access the Ship Ability Materials III challenge is not a solution to the problem.

"Oh but why is this even a problem?"

It's a problem because I haven't been able to access Zeta Ability mods for SEVERAL MONTHS AND 4 LEVELS!!! This is a direct hindrance to Newer Players, who going by all the recommended strategies that I've seen, will not be able to hope to get any characters Zeta'd by level 82 unless they're willing to forego most of all their Ship Progression via the Fleet Shop just so they can try to save up enough Fleet Tokens to buy 20 Zetas.

These alternative solutions should NOT be the answer to a broken challenge. The answer should be that the broken challenge gets re-balanced so that way players can actually beat the ship challenges at the recommended levels.
Post edited by Kyno on

Replies

• Nema
    136 posts Member
    Options
    It's meant to be hard. Zeta mats wouldn't be worth it if everyone could just farm them at level 75 with 4* ships because then they wouldn't be special. It's what we all had to get through and you will too, or quit. Either option is open to you. But ranting on here won't change anything
  • LeviathanTamer
    9 posts Member
    edited September 2018
    Options
    wow I knew that I could expect some prejudiced people like you, but congratulations on being the first commenter and the first to take the cake.

Here's the thing, I wasn't even talking about the Ship Ability Materials III challenge. I was talking about the Grand Moff Tarkin IV challenge, so congratulations on your reading skills.

And also, before Ships 2.0 these challenges weren't a problem. You could beat them at Level 75 and 78 respectively. People could start building up a Zeta stockpile before they could even apply them. It didn't devalue anything, because it takes 20 to give a single character their Zeta. By the time you got to Level 82 to actually apply them, you might've had 50 if you just farmed them from the material challenge.

And also no, it's NOT what everyone had to go through. Ships 2.0 broke the challenge system, people who already had the challenge done didn't have to deal with this

Also, the Developers actually do read Forum Posts that garner enough attention.

So that's all of your points completely and utterly smashed, so go back to whatever elitist cave you crawled out of you completely and utterly unhelpful troll.
    Post edited by Kyno on
  • Options
    If it makes you feel any better I haven't gotten a zeta from the ship materials challenge in over three weeks.
  • Options
    It is hard to say as I did this challenges so long time ago. Still, it was hard then, I guess it is as twice as hard with this .... ships 2.0 and just 3 starting ships instead of 5. So, yeah, this must be really frustrating
  • Options
    Yeah, it's also the fact that not only are the enemy ships over leveled currently. It's also one of the strongest initial teams that one can go up against. Biggs, Ghost, and Phantom II. One of the current best tanks in the game, a ship that you cannot touch without the Phantom II taunting with Foresight, and the Phantom II which for some reason is one of the tankiest ships despite being a support ship who is supposed to revolve around not getting targetted unless it has Foresight.

Honestly the fact that so much of the SW:GOH player base is just so... accepting of the fact that it's this unreasonably difficult is mind-boggling. Imagine if you were doing Omega Battle and the third tier is supposed to be for Level 70+ 3-Star Characters, but when you get in there all of the enemies are ridiculously powerful and you can't beat them.

You try to look up what's going on and all you see are people saying "Oh yeah don't worry about it, you're supposed to be Level 80, 5-Star Characters with Omega Ability Materials to beat those.

I mean maybe not even going that far with similarities and just looking at the basic facts. Proclaiming that you have to be Level 85 to beat a Level 75 challenge... how does that not immediately make people think that maybe the challenge hasn't been balanced properly?
  • Dk_rek
    3299 posts Member
    Options
    ThisYeezy wrote: »
    If it makes you feel any better I haven't gotten a zeta from the ship materials challenge in over three weeks.

This...they never drop so your not actually missing anything...and with the hounds tooth dropped and whales having them maxxed you can't beat anything anyway.

Having your own probably won't help since the AI stat boosts will kill yours while the AI just resists, cleanses, and get's awashed in immortatlity while the other 2 ships are mass damaging LOLstroying your maxxed G12 fleets of different compositions before you can even click the forfeit button.

I actually do feel for new players tho getting stuck with this mess that no one will address.. If it means anything I do remember having to restart those challenges like 50 times trying to get the RNG to get a win...

That's what this is RNG, no skill, no pride, just $$$ and RNG
  • Options
    Focus more on improving your strategy and fleet and less time complaining in the forums. There is nothing wrong with ships 2.0 and zeta mats are supposed to be difficult to get. If you want them, then the best way to get them is to go for #1 in your fleet and then buy the mats in fleet store. The challenge is terrible with RNG and often times you don't get any mats at all, so stop focusing on that as your primary future source of zeta mats.
  • Options
    I'll use a train of thought that has been with me since Atari- IT'S SUPPOSED TO BE HARD TO BEAT SOMETIMES!! Lol. This isn't little league where u get a trophy for just participating. This only refers to your post and not you personally but it really is annoying to read posts that complain about a game that you voluntarily play. I'd trade never being able to beat a part of the game if I never have to read posts like this again. -rant over-
  • Dk_rek
    3299 posts Member
    Options
    Focus more on improving your strategy and fleet and less time complaining in the forums. There is nothing wrong with ships 2.0 and zeta mats are supposed to be difficult to get. If you want them, then the best way to get them is to go for #1 in your fleet and then buy the mats in fleet store. The challenge is terrible with RNG and often times you don't get any mats at all, so stop focusing on that as your primary future source of zeta mats.

FRAAMC wrote: »
    I'll use a train of thought that has been with me since Atari- IT'S SUPPOSED TO BE HARD TO BEAT SOMETIMES!! Lol. This isn't little league where u get a trophy for just participating. This only refers to your post and not you personally but it really is annoying to read posts that complain about a game that you voluntarily play. I'd trade never being able to beat a part of the game if I never have to read posts like this again. -rant over-

Don't read posts in the FEEDBACK forum my friends go strafe the strategy or dev notes forum if you do not want to read posts with negative feedback.

I i want to post negative feedback about my G12 Genos, My G12 FO, My G12 Empire, My G12 rebels in multiple combinations getting beat by one OP ship that showed up whale maxxed I will. That's what feedback forum is for.

If i want to post negative feedback that I don't get a zeta drop for 4 weeks while someone else got 12 I will. Because there is possibly better ways to do it...all have which have been posted by hundreds of others Ad Nausem.

I did not complain about NOT having zetas because I get over one a day on average maybe more than you who is telling me to buy them from fleet shipments.. We are talking about challenge drops whos streaks that can last over a month for some lead to these negative posts, possibly people quitting...Where just giving that guarenteed 1 drop would basically elimanate any and all complaining about the subject

Sp take your whining about people posting feeback in the FEEBACK forums, your false equivalencies of your experiences that have nothing to do with mine or my shard or my fleet drops or what you THINK my fleets are without checking my .gg first and put them in a box and stick in in the basement...

If you don't want to hear negative feedback OR positive feedback don't read the feedback forums. Then again if your devs who are posting under alt accounts to let your feelings be heard without causing an uproar....then YES please read MOAR and MOAR of the feedback forums...absorb it, contemplate it, let it help you good or bad....
  • Dk_rek
    3299 posts Member
    Options
    FRAAMC wrote: »

Your in the feedback (about the game, gameplay, your experiences) FORUM

So your first post in this forum ever is in the ships feedback section, never mentions or references ships, but references baseball and trophys and Atari to bash another posters...

Welcome to the forums... don't worry about trading anything...because in reality you don't have to actually read any posts if you don't want to...it's your choice.

Now that your a member perhaps you will share with us some of your experiences with the game, your likes and dislikes help other players etc...

When you see post count of 1 and it's a personal attack on OP or someone else you have to ask yourself about motives
  • Options
    Ok, fair enough though before a healthy informative exchange can be made it is stated that trying to do so is pointless for my "argument would have been invalid". To me all that's doing is making it known that the purpose of this post is to see it his way since its his post, and the opening statement cemented that if we want to join in and complain about how that part of the game is being run that's ok, but implying that maybe the issue is him and how he's viewing it And NOT the game or it's requirments is not ok. To say I bashed him is also being dramatic and bending the facts more than a tad. But now that I know the definition of "bashing" here I can say that if those are the house rules than It wont happen again since this is your house not mine. And if the writer if the post in any way feels victimized, bashed, put down, or any other way in those areas I want to apologize to him. For that was not the intent
  • Options
    The min requirements are not what you need to beat it, it's what you need to fill out your fleet to complete it.
    You dont have all 7* pilots for your starting team let alone reinforcements and are only at gear 8.
    You can get toons to gear 10 at lvl 80, the diffefence the betweeen a 5* gear 8 pilot and 7* gear 10 is huge. Most if not all gear 8 is farmable from gear store so it's possible to get up a gear lvl.
    I believe when I beat it my starting roster was all 6-7* ships, 7* pilots at higher gear.

You may also want your tank(sun) strong and first ship in or get TFP to 7* and first in to give Tarkin turn meter.
  • Options
    I still don't think that anyone here is actually comprehending the problem.

If the Minimum Requirements aren't what's necessary to beat it, then why bother opening it up at Level 75 at all? If this challenge says that the RECOMMENDED level is 75, i.e. the game is straight up Telling you that you should be at this level, and then it turns out to be impossible at that level. Then that is the very definition of a broken game design.

If it's supposed to require Level 80 Ships, 5-Star minimum (with good RNG) then why not lock it until then?

The answer is because the Devs intended for the challenge to be beatable by Level 75, and it's not.

Can you imagine what it would be like if any other Multiplayer Game tried this? If there was a Level 75 Dungeon in WoW, but you'd get absolutely bodied in it unless you were Level 85, everybody on that game would be pointing out that it's not balanced properly for the level that it was set at.

There wouldn't be any elitists going "Oh well it's supposed to be hard." except for the fact that they don't seem to comprehend the fact that there's a difference between "Hard" and "Physically Impossible"
  • Options
    Easy fix, Devs just need to change the text from Recommended level 75 to Recommended level 85.
  • Options
    From my experience you're wrong.

I was in exactly the same boat as you (but with vastly better ships due to the fact that I had concentrated on home one and rebel ships and ended up having to panic farm the dark side ones before I could upgrade my rebel ships - which sucks).

It was a lot worse before the 2.0 update. I was attempting it at every opportunity and putting all my resources into beating it. As soon as 2.0 launched I started to see immediately that I finally had a chance. Still getting stomped on - but could see victory looming. After a fair few attempts I did it, and it was a hell of a relief.

From my point of view the other commentators are correct - it's a hurdle we all need to get over. But 2.0 made it easier not harder (opinion - but opinion from experience).

Tbh though I sympathize - the challenge is way harder than it should be and it's made worse by the fact that the requirements are total bull. I don't know, maybe due to the challenge level CG wants you to have early access to give you an idea of how much of a pain in the rear it's gonna be.
  • Gorem
    1190 posts Member
    Options
    I agree, ship challenges in 2.0 are terrible, anyone saying otherwise just obviously doesn't want you to get rewards or bonuses, or beat it pre 2.0 change. I know for a fact people who beat challenges the day BEFORE 2.0 came out could not beat the exact same challenge right after. I tested this myself at the time, I went from three starring THREE starring, to everything die'ing and the challenge being impossible.

They already changed the first set of challenges because they were impossible for new players, I don't know why they didn't change the later ones to be easier or rather, exactly the same difficulty prior to 2.0, which of course is easier then it is now.

You use near maxed ships and the five star recommended level has ships faster then the same ship on your team which is near maxed. The enemy ships stats are scaled way to high for what it should be.
  • Options
    It’s definitely true that ships 2.0 has made getting your tarkin to 5* a lot harder. Most of this, though, I think is due to tarkin’s ultimate no longer being a game ending wipe. It used to be that you just needed to have your ships survive long enough for the ultimate, and if you had just a fraction of health left on your tie fighter (which also used to dodge more) at ultimate time, you could kill like all 5 enemies as long as they only had about half their health left. Also, Phoenix ships got a huge boost with 2.0 which makes the opponents starting line a lot tougher. And without any good tanks, DS really struggles to kill that starting lineup before all your attackers are dead.
    Only advice I could give you is keep trying, maybe start gearing your Bossk now and once HT hits shipments upgrade it to 4* so you can use it on the challenge (if you haven’t beat it by then). But fleets do require a lot of resources, so you’re going to have to choose between gearing your pilots, or your arena team. That’s why you see a lot of empire teams around your level, because they’re the only ones that can do both (Vader, Tarkin and even TFP do well under EP at your level). Good luck.
  • Rath_Tarr
    4944 posts Member
    edited September 2018
    Options
    They are challenging for sure and the minimums are understated but you don't need maxed ships to win. I beat all three with a mix of 7, 6, 5 and 4* ships and 7-2* pilots. Hell, I even used a lvl 19 capital ship for one of em - Endurance.

Study the opposing ships' capabilities and find a way to break their starting lineup. That is the key.

The bigger problem is just how much value is locked up behind the one challenge - Executrix.