Chart comparing Offense set bonus to CD set bonus w/ CD & O primary triangle

Replies

• Options
    Very helpful. Thank you.

So yellow looks like overall safest bet. Does this hold for 5* mods or does 6* change the math dramatically?
  • Options
    Interesting, thanks a lot! How does that factor in offense bonuses from mods and gear? The +15% offense set bonus will rarely increase the dmg by 15% but rather something like 10-12% I guess.
  • Options
    what does average mean ? did you took all toons and check them together ? if so, which toons is higher than avg on the.. blue line for example ? those who stack offense or those who doesnt ? how does kylo ren fit here with his lash out ?
    also, how can you AVG han solo for example, for "10% CC", if his minimum when maxed abilities is over 20% CC ?
    although it seems amazingly helpful, there are lot of info missing about how it was done. only math or actual testing ?
  • Options
    @WinKILLERinc my math on few attackers shows different things.. it shows that when you are around 70-75% CC, it will be almost a must to use CD set and Cd triangle over anything else (the blue line). obviously before mods change it was much lower. im really struggling to believe its around 95% as you showed. im worried this chart is bit misleading. so besides hearing the Maths behind it, maybe an example as well ?
  • Options
    @WinKILLERinc my math on few attackers shows different things.. it shows that when you are around 70-75% CC, it will be almost a must to use CD set and Cd triangle over anything else (the blue line). obviously before mods change it was much lower. im really struggling to believe its around 95% as you showed. im worried this chart is bit misleading. so besides hearing the Maths behind it, maybe an example as well ?

Given what I stated in the graphic as being under consideration, the graph is accurate. However, I did make the mistake of not including the offense square primary, which will obviously be used under all circumstances. I have a revised version taking that into account as well as an actual example on the website. ~75% (give or take) seems to be where it is with the square taken into account. Of course, changing any of the damage numbers will move things a bit.
  • Options
    huh, ok. so now it make more sense. any chance you have this info per toon or something ?
  • Options
    The problem is it doesn’t adjust for other primary damage mods (most attackers have 2, everyone has 1), secondary offense mods, or offense from G12 gear. All of those will not get multiplied by offense set mods but will get multiplied by critical damage mods. This graph is going to be skewed towards offense mods because of that.
  • Options
    huh, ok. so now it make more sense. any chance you have this info per toon or something ?

I plan to, that’s the eventual goal. On the site I have the graph where I did it with resistance Trooper, who is a terrible example because he will always Crit.
  • WinKILLERinc
    147 posts Member
    edited September 2018
    Options
    The problem is it doesn’t adjust for other primary damage mods (most attackers have 2, everyone has 1), secondary offense mods, or offense from G12 gear. All of those will not get multiplied by offense set mods but will get multiplied by critical damage mods. This graph is going to be skewed towards offense mods because of that.

Yea, that’s what I stated above ☝ on shatteredorder.com/mods I have a graph of Resistance Trooper and exactly how he is affected.
  • Options
    "the site" ? which site lol. if you have those infographic stuff on other things i really interested :)
  • Options
    "the site" ? which site lol. if you have those infographic stuff on other things i really interested :)

Shatteredorder.com/mods specifically. But we have some other cool stuff like a gear pricing guide. If you haven’t heard of us, I encourage you to check out our podcast (which is our main content).