Bounty Hunters minimum

Prev1
My BH sucks atm. I only have Bobba g9 and IG88 g8. Slowly farming Bossk. The rest of them are only unlocked.
https://swgoh.gg/u/balrogg/collection/?f=bounty-hunter

What team do you recommend me for galactic bounties and rebel round? The easier tiers at least. I´d like them to be useful in the long run but at this moment I couldn't gear them above g9-10 I think so...
Maybe wait for the new ones to be farmables? Just in case some of them go to an cheap node (not really many hopes).
The easier ones (Cad, Greedo) could work in the meantime?
Ideas or advice are welcome.
Thanks!

Replies

• Options
    Bossk with zeta lead.
    Greedo is one of the best FTP BH now.
    Bobba is workable
    Dengar is a beast with stealth
    Ig88 is serviceable, long run Embo is way better.
  • Options
    Foxer wrote: »
    Bossk with zeta lead.
    Bobba is workable

Useful, thank you.
  • Options
    I run Zossk (4 stars), 7 star Fett, Dengar, Greedo and Zam (all at G11). They're a good strong team and useful for Credit Heist, TW, attack in TB, and can clear the first two stages of the Galactic Bounties and Rebels. Bossk is ready to G12 once I have him at 7 star, I'll upgrade Fett (as it's a quest and he is useful), Greedo is fantastic. I'll plan to switch out Dengar and Zam for Sing and Embo once they're more easily available.
  • Options
    I was able to clear the ROLO (moderate) stage of Galactic Bounties with a G9 4* Bossk lead (no zeta) and G8 7* Boba, Greedo, IG88, and 6* Dengar. Though I have upgraded them a bit since my first run at at the bounties event. I took Bossk to G11 since he is not very demanding when it comes to gear, plus his ship is awesome. He is definitely worth the investment.

I am not an expert at theory crafting but my ideal team would probably consist of Embo as lead (for the counter chance), Bossk, Aurra, Boba, and Greedo.
  • Options
    Boba lead, Dengar Zam Greedo Bossk works all at g8 if you dont want to spend a zeta on Bossk yet. Just need to mod them with at least a potency cross. Cad can sub in for any of those you dont have now.

Nice thing about BH is that I don't think there is a single bad one now, so you can make many viable teams. Embo is best all around though, I think.
  • Options
    Foxer wrote: »
    Bossk with zeta lead.
    Bobba is workable

Seconded
    The best leader will depend on where they're used. For TB, Bossk zeta is definitely the best, and it works great for tw offense also. For sith raid, embo or Aurra lead will give you higher scores if used right.

I have a zBossk BH squad I use a ton, with g12 boba, Bossk, and Dengar, and g11 Greedo and 88. Embo will be replacing 88 shortly. The health/prot Regen with a fast Dengar and Boba is insane. You can essentially fully heal the whole squad with the AoE attacks of those two, and Greedo is a beast on counters and assists. 88 works good enough until you can replace him, but he is super squishy and doesn't heal from counters like Greedo does. They easily beat all 6 phases of TB, and are great for killing FO and Phoenix defenses, and even some full meta squads when used right.
  • Naraic
    2243 posts Member
    edited September 2018
    Options
    A g12 boba can essentially solo the easiest tiers of galactic bounties and rebel roundup on his own.

Persoanlly thats what i do with both events as the rest of my bounty hunters are poor. I invested in boba for fleet.
  • Options
    Thank you all for your input. Pretty clear focus on Bossk, Bobba and Greedo. And wait for Embo... and his hard node, probably.
  • Options
    Dengar sucks to gear, but he's an essential part of a BH squad. Once he's under stealth and payouts are activated, he can drastically increase damage output. He has a 60% chance to assist special abilities, and he then has a 60% chance to call another to assist. He also prevents any enemies from stealthing while he has stealth, which is very useful for both TB and TW ( especially JTR squads with R2). On top of all that, his aoe gives tons of regen under Bossk, tenacity down, ability block, and a lot of thermal detonators. Boba and Dengar also are your only people who can hit a contract target behind a taunt to get those payouts going.
  • Options
    Greedo with embo leader is op is sith raid when you focus target on nilus he counters between 2 - 7 times (depending on attack) as he counters for all bounty hunters on nilus aoe
  • Options
    I'm running zBossk with boba, cad, dengar and greedo. It's awesome. Embo is nice but the boost Dengar gives is great. And Cad gives you stun/cleanse on special and debuffs on basic. Plus he hit hard, and his payout will throw out the occasional thermal when he evades. Embo is 3*, Aurra is 3*, No 88 and Zam is 3*.
    Ally Code 766-465-766 swgoh.gg/u/trystansr/collection/
  • Options
    I run Zossk, Boba, Dengar, Greedo, IG-88 - Bossk is G12, the rest are G10-11. I can't complete the highest Galactic Bounty tiers yet, but everything else is a cakewalk since Bossk is borderline indestructible.

I plan on continuing to gear up everyone except IG-88, who I'll eventually replace with Zam or possibly Jango, depending on how much of a pain he ends up being to farm. IG-88 isn't bad, he just doesn't do anything particularly essential and is on the squishy side. I might change my mind if we get an IG-2000 ship.
    u58t4vkrvnrz.png

• Options
    Jarvind wrote: »
    I run Zossk, Boba, Dengar, Greedo, IG-88 - Bossk is G12, the rest are G10-11. I can't complete the highest Galactic Bounty tiers yet, but everything else is a cakewalk since Bossk is borderline indestructible.

I plan on continuing to gear up everyone except IG-88, who I'll eventually replace with Zam or possibly Jango, depending on how much of a pain he ends up being to farm. IG-88 isn't bad, he just doesn't do anything particularly essential and is on the squishy side. I might change my mind if we get an IG-2000 ship.
    I'm surprised you cant get the last tier of GB with that. It may take some repeats to get good RNG, but I beat it with essentially the same squad and gear levels.

If you're replacing 88, I would definitely recommend jango or embo, even at 4 stars. Jango lead is great even without the zeta, and the payout means you can wreak havoc on any double tank setups that are so common in tw. Zam isn't bad, but she is very squishy ( just like 88 and Greedo). Embo is much sturdier, and has his own protection recovery after his payout triggers. Embo, Aurra, and jango are all easier to gear than zam or Cad also. The extra protection from zBossk lead will also make embo's 1st special hit harder, since it's based on max protection.
  • Options
    I think later AS would be the best bh lead, maybe Embo, I'm already reworking Boba for that eventuality. Right now zBossk seems to be the best lead with Embo.
  • BrakirKY
    145 posts Member
    edited September 2018
    Options
    I think later AS would be the best bh lead, maybe Embo, I'm already reworking Boba for that eventuality. Right now zBossk seems to be the best lead with Embo.

It really depends on where you're using them. ZBossk is killer for TB if you have a fast Dengar and Boba at high gear levels. For tw, Bossk's contract can be very hard to trigger quickly, with the exception being NS squads with paper zombie.

Jango lead will be excellent for TB and tw offense (except against Bastila lead Jedi due to the tenacity bonuses). I also think it will be great for sith raid, but I can't test that yet. Jango's lead and his unique zeta look to be a very promising counter to the Qi'ra defense squad.

Aurra lead is easy to trigger against most enemies, especially with Dengar, Boba, and Greedo in the squad to provide buffs. It will work very well for TB and sith raid, and against most non-treya tw defenses. Heavy aoe squads will likely be the Achilles heal for this lead.

Embo lead will most likely really only shine in Sith raid, unless he's used with a zeta IPD to prevent enemy buffs. Almost all top TW defense and arena teams gain buffs regularly, which will make his contract very hard to fulfill quickly. For tb it will work, but a zBossk or non-zeta jango will work better ( massive health and prot Regen on the former, and very easy continual revives on the latter).

I already have zBossk, and most early BH adopters went that way also, so I'm not going to zeta another lead until they are all geared and I can do some personal testing to see which contract is the most reliable to trigger, for the most uses. I'm leaning toward Jango's right now personally.

• Options
    Jango

Boba

Greedo

Embo

Dengar
    Get good and get a Revan. Ryanwhales
  • Options
    I’m doing ok with
    Boba, Dengar, Zam, Greedo and Cad Bane
    I switch Zam to leadership role if it’s a fight where Boba won’t be able to trigger his contract
    Obviously basing these BHs around TDetonators, Speed and TM gains.
  • Options
    I’m doing ok with
    Boba, Dengar, Zam, Greedo and Cad Bane
    I switch Zam to leadership role if it’s a fight where Boba won’t be able to trigger his contract
    Obviously basing these BHs around TDetonators, Speed and TM gains.

Boba lead is a solid option until you decide to invest more heavily in BH. With a potency cross on all 5 BH, their Max health gets a massive boost ( 60% just from 5* crosses on all 5) , and with thermal detonators now non-dispellable, the bonus TM gain when they explode is now much more reliable. They can beat the DSTB p6 BH mission without Bossk fairly low geared if modded right.
  • Jarvind
    3926 posts Member
    edited September 2018
    Options
    BrakirKY wrote: »

I'm surprised you cant get the last tier of GB with that. It may take some repeats to get good RNG, but I beat it with essentially the same squad and gear levels.

@BrakirKY The only reason is because I have absolutely horrible luck getting decent speed mods. I rarely get them, and when I do, they always seem to be like +7 speed with all the other secondaries landing on +defense or something equally useless.

As a result, when I enter the highest tier of GB, the entire enemy team gets two turns before I ever make a move, so Greedo and IG88 are dead before I can get a taunt off.

As far as replacing 88 is concerned, I hadn't considered Embo, but now that I think about it he would probably be a better choice than Zam. In any case, I'm currently hoarding resources for whenever Jedi Rey comes out next, so my BHs will stay as is for the moment.
    u58t4vkrvnrz.png

• Options
    BrakirKY wrote: »

@BrakirKY The only reason is because I have absolutely horrible luck getting decent speed mods. I rarely get them, and when I do, they always seem to be like +7 speed with all the other secondaries landing on +defense or something equally useless.

As a result, when I enter the highest tier of GB, the entire enemy team gets two turns before I ever make a move, so Greedo and IG88 are dead before I can get a taunt off.

As far as replacing 88 is concerned, I hadn't considered Embo, but now that I think about it he would probably be a better choice than Zam. In any case, I'm currently hoarding resources for whenever Jedi Rey comes out next, so my BHs will stay as is for the moment.

The entire enemy team has pre-loaded turns and gets to move before EVERYONE, no matter how fast you are. Sometimes it requires restarts just because bad luck on who dies.

If you can make it though first phase with 3 or 4 alive and one of them is Greedo, he can solo a lot of the levels by himself, as long as he doesnt get stunned.
  • Options
    I just want to beat the Galactic Bounties for those Wampa shards. What is the best 5 for that? I currently have Boba and 88 at Gear 11, the rest of my bounty hunters are all G8. I've been farming Bossk and almost have him 6 stars. The other old ones are all 7 stars(Greedo, Zam, Dengar, and Cad Bane) and the new ones are all 3 stars(Embo, Jango, Aura). Which 5 do I use? I don't want to waste gear the wrong ones and have no plans to use in Arena, just in the PVE portion.
  • Jarvind
    3926 posts Member
    edited September 2018
    Options
    Lilpup wrote: »
    I just want to beat the Galactic Bounties for those Wampa shards. What is the best 5 for that? I currently have Boba and 88 at Gear 11, the rest of my bounty hunters are all G8. I've been farming Bossk and almost have him 6 stars. The other old ones are all 7 stars(Greedo, Zam, Dengar, and Cad Bane) and the new ones are all 3 stars(Embo, Jango, Aura). Which 5 do I use? I don't want to waste gear the wrong ones and have no plans to use in Arena, just in the PVE portion.

Bossk/Greedo/Boba/Dengar is probably ideal, with that last position as a flex slot based on personal preference or situational abilities - I don't recall what the Wampa battle consists of exactly, but I guess Bane's stun might be useful. I'd probably just use 88 since you already have him geared up.

Bossk is really the only absolute essential - his supreme meatshielditude makes the team, and his full team attack makes it pretty easy to trigger his bounty, which is also awesome (+50 speed for everyone).
    u58t4vkrvnrz.png

• Options

Bossk/Greedo/Boba/Dengar is probably ideal, with that last position as a flex slot based on personal preference or situational abilities - I don't recall what the Wampa battle consists of exactly, but I guess Bane's stun might be useful. I'd probably just use 88 since you already have him geared up.

Bossk is really the only absolute essential - his supreme meatshielditude makes the team, and his full team attack makes it pretty easy to trigger his bounty, which is also awesome (+50 speed for everyone).

Thank you. I didn't realize that Greedo and Dengar were that good but seems like a lot of guys use them. Cad Bane is appealing in that he has a pretty good ship. Not sure if there is a place to see how difficult each BH is to gear or not?? I have almost 80 zeta mats saved up..maybe I'll use 20 on Bossk. The Galactic bounties are in two days.
  • Options

Thank you. I didn't realize that Greedo and Dengar were that good but seems like a lot of guys use them. Cad Bane is appealing in that he has a pretty good ship. Not sure if there is a place to see how difficult each BH is to gear or not?? I have almost 80 zeta mats saved up..maybe I'll use 20 on Bossk. The Galactic bounties are in two days.

You can see the full gear level list of all toons on swgoh.gg. It's great for planning farms.
    "Don't take yourself so serious; it's a game, have fun!" • https://swgoh.gg/u/yerffcaasi/
  • Options

You can see the full gear level list of all toons on swgoh.gg. It's great for planning farms.

Does it rank them from difficult to easy?

• Options
    No, you kind of have to figure that out yourself.
    "Don't take yourself so serious; it's a game, have fun!" • https://swgoh.gg/u/yerffcaasi/
  • Jarvind
    3926 posts Member
    edited September 2018
    Options
    I didn't realize that Greedo and Dengar were that good but seems like a lot of guys use them.

Greedo's multi-attacks get ridiculous. You'll see the value when he pounds a target 7 times in a row with his basic. Threaten is handy for wiping a taunt when Boba's execute is on cooldown, too.

Dengar's grenades lay down a ton of debuffs and detonators, plus he calls assists with his basic. He's really tanky as well.

Does it rank them from difficult to easy?

Just off the top of my head, Bossk is pretty easy to gear up, and Greedo is a massive stun cuff hog. Dengar is a bit of a grind as well. I think it was carbantis that he needed a ton of.
    u58t4vkrvnrz.png

• Options
    Thank you. I just read something regarding Boba Fett Leader that if you put a Potency Cross on all 5 BH's you get a ton of Max Health increase. Anyone try this?
  • Options
    2 people already stated this above. It's pretty solid.
    >:)So what? I want Krell!
  • Options
    2 people already stated this above. It's pretty solid.
    AHAHAHA....so thats where I read it!. :/B)o:)