Does ur Sid Dooku QGJ GS (other super fast) team steamroll GW?

Prev1
I keep doing GW and see the damage my droid JC Lumi team takes turn 1 and imagine it is supereasy for high damage speed teams

Replies

• Options
    I run QGJ (lead), Sid, Lumi, Dooku, and HRS. For GW 9-10 of the stages it's a roll. Just bring in Bariss or JC if I need a heal for a stage and 80% of the time I need a suicide squad or have to switch it up for 2 or 3 stages.
    "I find your lack of faith disturbing" - Darth Vader
  • Options
    My wife waltzes through GW with her droid team with Bariss. I have to be more economical with my moves and sometimes retreat so as to synergise my CDs. Lumi, Dooku, Daka, Sid and Kylo.
  • DrewN76
    566 posts Member
    Options
    I run Lumi lead 7*, Sid 6*, Dooku 5*, fives 5*, JC 5*. I run a b team with phasma Kylo 5*, Talia 4*, foo 4*, and chewy 4*. With a suicide squad of QGJ poe jawa 3* old Ben and dathcha 4* also assajj 5* Daka 4* Poggle 5* GS 4* and 86 4* also run a empire throw away subdivide squad Vader storm trooper RG snow trooper and veers all 4*. It's just fun watching Vader with his cast; but they all die usually.
  • Benr3600
    1098 posts Member
    Options
    I use QGJ as lead because the speed with which I murder opponents is better than the small heal/evasion Lumi offers. The best defense is a good offense.
  • J7000
    2059 posts Member
    Options
    I never use QGJ in GW except maybe the last 2 nodes. I have 2 speed toons that I do use. Rey and GS.

For me I try to slow down matches to make sure heals are up and refreshed. Anytime I've used an all speed team I start loosing health and refreshes for the next match.
  • Options
    By far this is my best GW crew
    p43Up52.jpg
  • Options
    I run an Asajj lead nowadays. Asajj, Daka, and Initiate with Han and Lumi. The speed lets me kill the enemy Sid before he gets a turn in most cases, and if not, Han mops him up with one last shot. That kill gets Asajj her buffs and I generally coast on that for the rest of the match.
  • Options
    p43Up52.jpg

@Mephisto_style

looks like very little damage

plenty of health and meter gain of cos

slow and steady
  • Options
    SpeedWeed wrote: »
    p43Up52.jpg

@Mephisto_style

slow and steady

Han always dies, and elder always brings him back
  • Options
    Barrise lead with Qui, Yoda, Lumi, JC all 7* and GW is usually easy.
    I throw a Phasma or Sidious Poe Leia or FOTP GS for the hard ones.

Barrise makes GW so much easier, just boring, spam basic attacks mostly so you have cool downs to burn next team and heal.
    You can all go to hell, me... I'll go to Texas
  • Options
    Sorry meant to say a real arena team you will lose one person on a hard match, so not worth it until near the end. Sustainable damage is best.
    You can all go to hell, me... I'll go to Texas
  • J7000
    2059 posts Member
    Options
    p43Up52.jpg

@Mephisto_style

slow and steady

Nice!
  • Options
    p43Up52.jpg

@Mephisto_style

slow and steady

Hahaha, nice!
  • Triqui
    2790 posts Member
    Options
    I keep doing GW and see the damage my droid JC Lumi team takes turn 1 and imagine it is supereasy for high damage speed teams

I breeze though it with QGJ-L, JC, Luminara, Geo and IG86. Often kill 2 guys before they move. Then mop up and heal
  • Options
    Triqui wrote: »

I breeze though it with QGJ-L, JC, Luminara, Geo and IG86. Often kill 2 guys before they move. Then mop up and heal

That is exactly what I figured
  • Predian
    615 posts Member
    Options
    I run Barris Lumi maul Rey aayla

If maul or Rey die I add the princess or the count. If Lumi dies I add JC or old Ewok. Kit is the sub for aayla. QGJ replaces Barris.

• Options
    Triqui wrote: »

I have the exact same GW team.
  • scootle
    237 posts Member
    Options
    J7000 wrote: »
    For me I try to slow down matches to make sure heals are up and refreshed. Anytime I've used an all speed team I start loosing health and refreshes for the next match.

This.

Slow kill after you off the opposing DPS in GW is a boon to refresh healing cooldowns (and other abilities) prior to the next node. I'm not sure if those who "steamroll" with a full DPS squad really are as successful as they claim due to cooldown problems if you blast a node too quickly.

I rarely ever have to resort to a suicide squad using a pretty dependable setup of Lumi/Dooku/Daka/JC/Sid. Sometimes a rough node might take a few tries, but they eventually prevail.
    SWGoH Ally Code: 988-869-147 GM of [Elite Casual]
    May the Force be with you.
  • Options
    I run QGJ (L), Lumi, JC, Poggle, GS and auto GW front to back.
  • Options
    I run Lumi lead, GS, 86, 88(sometimes RP), JC. Usually gets me through. I rarely break out QG, Sid, Poggle, or any other of my higher starred toons.
  • DrewN76
    566 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    Lumi JC fives Dooku and Sid gets me by with phasma Kylo Talia chewy Ewok elder and QGJ Ben Poe jawa dathcha as suicide squads team one is 7-6* team 2 is 5-6* team 3 is 3-4*all level 68-60
  • Qeltar
    4326 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    Barriss, Dooku, Daka, GS, Lumi. Each plays a specific role. I can handle lower-level teams without even using heals, and level 70 teams with heal rotation. I use suicide squads for early nightmare (high offense) teams and improvised "B teams" later when needed.
    Stuns are immensely useful in GW.
    Quit 7/14/16. Best of luck to all of you.
  • Options

QG, GS, Pog, Lumi, JC go in that order?
  • Plasmaj
    297 posts Member
    Options
    Lumi as leader for heal and evasion
    GS
    JC
    Dooku (for stuns)

and then I flip between Sid, QGJ, IG-86 and Poggle for the 5th, depending on matchup

If I am desperate, I sacrifice my Poe for the the match to let others heal up
  • Triqui
    2790 posts Member
    Options
    scootle wrote: »
    J7000 wrote: »

This.

Slow kill after you off the opposing DPS in GW is a boon to refresh healing cooldowns (and other abilities) prior to the next node. I'm not sure if those who "steamroll" with a full DPS squad really are as successful as they claim due to cooldown problems if you blast a node too quickly.
    QGJ and Geo have 2 turn cooldowns, and QGJ even have another special ability to use in the turn he cant call an assist. JC has 2-3 turn CD healing because he can reduce it with his basic. 86 has 3 turn CD. They refresh CD extremely fast, you dont need to gimp your damage to wait. It's Barris and Daka who have a huge CD and need the team wait for them.

Also, those 3 dps do big damage on demand, when they use the assist (same for Lumi with force push), but their regular attack isnt that hard. That's why I said there is a mop up phase. You blow CD, you kill the big threats in the enemy formation, then you proceed to kill his tank or healer with basic attacks and refresh CD, which refresh ultra quick, in particular QGJ. If for some reason both your healers are in CD st the end of a combat and your team need healing at the begining of the next one, then sub one of them with Barris or daka or even Talia in self-sacrifice mission.

You only have to wait for long cooldowns if you use long cooldowns
  • Zekex
    474 posts Member
    Options
    bariss lumi jc fotp and GS,with occasional QGJ for bariss

I move my characters around so that QGJ and GS have good assist characters like fotp

• Options

QG, GS, Pog, Lumi, JC go in that order?

QGJ, Pog, GS, Lumi, JC

Keeping Poggle faster than GS for now.
  • Options
    The problem with poggle is if you're too effective and cannot get the cool downs reset he is useless the next round, same goes with Poe.
  • UnckyBadTouch
    264 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    The funny thing is when I controlled the team rather than just autoing, I only used the default attacks on all my characters except using QGJ and GS assists. Rarely I would use Lumi's special as well. Always worried about whether or not I would need them for the next round. That is why I said screw it and just decided to always auto. I never needed the specials so I figure it is what it is.

I'm looking to take out Poggle and replacing him with Yoda to give me another speed guy that will also benefit from QGJ lead with a couple specials that will help, but more than likely be unnecessary.