Best Tanks Now!

Hi all,

I've not watched any Gamechanger videos for a while, given up on them. But this one below caught my attention and I'm glad I watched it. The five best tanks, in their opinions, since Mods 2.0. It's an interesting list and I was surprised at pretty much every one on their choices. Which is always good...a discussion-opener, food for thought...if you will.

Your thoughts?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SVyEegxX-x0

Replies

• Options
    My thought is gamechangers is CG and info is biased.

Best tank would have a ship along with toon arena skills.

Bossk
    Plo
    Boba

Straight toon arena

Sion
    GK
    OLD Ben
    Sith Trooper
  • Options

Also- the sky is blue :smile:

Good list tho, thanks...but very conventional...very yesterday?
  • Options
    I saw that one, and if I remember right, the point of the video wasn’t the best tanks in the game, but the ones that got the biggest boost from the new mod system. Since Sion, GK, Old Ben, etc were good before the mod change, they weren’t included on the list.

IMO the name of the video is kinda misleading. It should have been something like most improved tanks.
  • Options
    The video doesn't say they are the best, just most improved.
  • CoastalJames
    2971 posts Member
    edited September 2018
    Options

Well...it's clearly titled "Top 5 Best Tanks" :smile: but yes- I get your point.

Anyway, some might enjoy it or find it interesting...I did. If folk didn't then no bother :smile:
  • Options
    Zaalbar could definitely make the list if the scoundrel faction was better...
  • Options

Scoundrel faction is one of the better overall factions now. Also its still early but I'm thinking Zaalbar may be a plug and play for any team. 2 taunts, stacking defense, crit reduction, self healing health and protection and retribution are pretty boss.
  • Options
    Best tank really depends on your team. I think Zombie is by far the best tank, but only works if you have NS. GK is the best plug and play tank. Sion and SiT are in the best list because they have synergy with 2 meta teams (EP/Traya). The nice thing is that all the new tanks (Bossk, Vandor Chewie, Zaalbar, L3-37) are effective with their respective factions. I wouldn’t be surprised if once we see an old republic leader (cough, cough, Revan) everyone starts singing the praises of Zaalbar and the withouts/those who can’t figure out a work-around start complaining of how he’s OP...
  • Options

Game Changers... GC... Capital Games... CG...

Conspiracy confirmed.
  • Naraic
    2243 posts Member
    edited September 2018
    Options

Well...it's clearly titled "Top 5 Best Tanks" :smile: but yes- I get your point.

Anyway, some might enjoy it or find it interesting...I did. If folk didn't then no bother :smile:

The thumbnail title says best but the actual video name says most improved,

The latter is accurate,
  • Options
    well, if we needed another proof that the gamechangers are simply bad at this game and lack tons of understanding and knowledge, here we go.
    i mean, some of them are aight, but Anhald is probably one of the worst players ive ever seen in this game, really. his videos are more like comedy, with so many mistakes. he gives horrible tips, i really dont recommend anyone to watch his videos. you want arena info - go to halfface01, you want raid info - go to skelutrix. you want to get worse in this game - go to MobileGamer and Ahnald combined video.
    also, useless tank that got improved is probably still.. useless tank.
  • Options
    “Best tanks” depends a lot on the surrounding cast...

L3 is amazing with scoundrels... maybe the best tank overall when weighing in their usefulness vs who’s around them...

Paploo is a monster with Ewoks... a close candidate for best overall...
    He’s nearly unkillable when in a strong Ewok team... or any heavy buff team with his zeta (try him in a Bastilla team)

Speaking of which... both Kenobi’s (GK & Old Ben) are amazing with Basilla teams... both are also versatile and strong tanks in many other teams

Sion is annoying as crap... and a very strong tank in the current boring meta

ST Han with his zeta on a scoundrel team with Vandor in the group is a freaking monster.... he will ruin your day

Zaalbar is up there now too... although under-realized still... amazing utility and very tough to kill in the right setup...

And so many more choices...

I’ve got both zetas on a G12 Boosk and he’s pretty badass...

Zombie is awesome with the Nightsisters...

Man there’s so many....
  • Options
    Here is my top 5 tank list

1) Sion - Over powered, plain and simple was a power creep toon.
    2) L-3, Great toon has astounding synergy in lots of factions
    3) Big-Z took the thrown from GK as best out of faction stand alone tank.
    4) GK - slowly falling down the ranks, traya destroys him.
    5) Vandor Chewie Very Niche tank but an absolute abomination in certain squads
  • Options

Give scoundrels some time.
    They 've just improved with solo movie, ppl still farming shards and gearing them, and Zaalbar isnt farmable yet.
  • Options
    Bigz
    Vandor
    L337

All have same issue..... Weak vs sith.

Tried the qira nest Z L3 vandor. Not impressed weak vs anything with TM gain.

L3 and Z working together same squad will make you pull your hair out with their taunts.

Sion is better than both l3 and Z put together.

I still like GK especially when you have jolee on your jedi team