Empire needs more healers/cleansers!

Prev1
The title says it all. When is the Empire getting more healers and cleansers?

Replies

• Options
    i dont really feel the need to be honest. Empire teams are widely regarded as a major power in arena mid game due to their controlling game.
  • Options
    dimi4a wrote: »
    swgohfan29 wrote: »
    i dont really feel the need to be honest. Empire teams are widely regarded as a major power in arena mid game due to their controlling game.

But they have only 1 healer and 1 cleanser compared to the Rebels which have at least 5/6 healers and around that many cleansers! There are still some major Empire characters missing like Colonel Yularen, Governor Pryce, Doctor Aphra and etc. that could fill these roles. Just because the Empire is already a major faction doesn't mean that it shouldn't get more characters and further expand it's roster.

i m gonna agree with that, but your title states that a need exists for cleansers and healers. I disagree because the need does not exist. I m totally fine with more cleansers and healers being added to the roster, but there is no NEED for that.
  • Options

But they have only 1 healer and 1 cleanser compared to the Rebels which have at least 5/6 healers and around that many cleansers! There are still some major Empire characters missing like Colonel Yularen, Governor Pryce, Doctor Aphra and etc. that could fill these roles. Just because the Empire is already a major faction doesn't mean that it shouldn't get more characters and further expand it's roster.

i m gonna agree with that, but your title states that a need exists for cleansers and healers. I disagree because the need does not exist. I m totally fine with more cleansers and healers being added to the roster, but there is no NEED for that.

Whatever i already made my point!

Your Point: Empire NEEDS healers and cleansers

Your Argument: 1. Rebels have more healers or cleansers
    2. There are characters that can fit as healers on cleansers.

My point: Empire does not NEED healers or cleansers.

My argument: Empire does fairly well without them, so there is no need

• Options
    Hey when Vaders zeta ability inspiring through fear, gives extra boost in stats to all EMPIRE Allied does this include the first order toons. Mainly unmasked kylo
  • Options
    Hey when Vaders zeta ability inspiring through fear, gives extra boost in stats to all EMPIRE Allied does this include the first order toons. Mainly unmasked kylo

Um. No. Start your own thread in the future, please.
  • Options
    personally i don't think that the empire needs more healers. yeah, i'd agree to more cleansers or cleansing abilities but if you think about how the empire works, i don't think healers would fit. they are more in overwhelming the enemy and don't care about losing some units or squads because, well, there are enough. on the opposite, the rebellion relies on every single man so they need to keep them alive. maybe the empire could get more health drain or other ways to heal by damage dealt but i wouldn't introduce empire healers
  • Options
    ElPedro wrote: »
    personally i don't think that the empire needs more healers. yeah, i'd agree to more cleansers or cleansing abilities but if you think about how the empire works, i don't think healers would fit. they are more in overwhelming the enemy and don't care about losing some units or squads because, well, there are enough. on the opposite, the rebellion relies on every single man so they need to keep them alive. maybe the empire could get more health drain or other ways to heal by damage dealt but i wouldn't introduce empire healers

Look now, the healing/reviving mechanics are not restricted just to Light Side teams, there are Dark Side toons who can heal and revive too. The Empire does need more healers as they currently have only one healer toon. Enough with this dumb logic "the Empire is already a strong faction, they don't need more toons"! Adding more toons like healers and cleansers will bring more variety and flexibility to their roster, especially for TB.

Isn't being able to 4/4 every phase with 2 seperate empire teams enough?
    Sure, it would add more variety and flexibility (assuming the newly added healers/cleansers are strong enough to replace excisting empire toons), but i don't see why empire should be more deserving of these new toons than separatist or clone troopers for example.
    It's not so much dumb logic as it is a different preference. Not everyone loves empire the way you love empire, some players would like it if other factions that aren't as usefull currently got some love from the devs instead. I can imagine you feel the same way if someone asks for new rebels...
  • Options
    Look now, the healing/reviving mechanics are not restricted just to Light Side teams, there are Dark Side toons who can heal and revive too. The Empire does need more healers as they currently have only one healer toon. Enough with this dumb logic "the Empire is already a strong faction, they don't need more toons"! Adding more toons like healers and cleansers will bring more variety and flexibility to their roster, especially for TB.

I'm not saying that there should not be more empire characters because there are too many. all i'm saying is that from a lore point of view the empire doesn't care about healing wounded troops because they allways had their strength in numbers and never hab to care about single individuums.
  • Options
    Yeah Empire doesn’t need them... they use other ways to heal. For example, under a Zveers leader, imperial troopers regain health and protection upon defeating an enemy. Vader regains health upon using his lightsaber throw attack. Emperor Palpatine regains health and protection when zeta’d every time he inflicts shock, and he has a drain health move as well. Thrawn has his cleanse and heal move.

I don’t see why the Empire needs more when they have enough ways to regenerate health without having a “healer”...
  • Options
    Under enough zeta's they heal enough, Vader outheals everyone with one aoe under zpalp and zveers makes troopers incredible.

Also, if they see "need more healers" you know Jedi will just get another one to add to the pile of never use healers... lol
  • Options
    Empire have lots of sustains already.
    Vader with Palp leader, palp, thrawn, zrennic, gar zaxon, troopers with zeers...
  • Options
    If you think empire needs more healers you’re either using them wrong, or don’t have your teams developed enough. Empire’s strengths are speed, control, and quick kills, not sustainability. If you want to play a team that is big on healing, use Nightsisters. Talia works as a pretty good cleanser, as well. No single faction has, or should have, the ability to use every single type of strategy. They all have their strengths and weaknesses. The goal is to play to your strengths and your enemies’ weaknesses. And empire is very effective in that. TB is a breeze with EP and Trooper teams. A lot of the rounds, enemies don’t even get to take a single turn. As compared to NS, who have a lot of healing, but are much slower and can get taken down by strafing runs if you’re not careful.
  • Options
    New characters, sure. But why are you so fixated on cleansers and healers for the Empire when they’re not needed? You’d have to be thick headed to not understand the previous comments about the Empire simply not needing them. The Jedi have a lot of healers and cleansers because they’re Jedi. Bounty Hunters have pretty low health pool since they rely on blitzing through enemy teams instead of playing the long game. Each faction has their specialities... learn to use each faction the way they are made.

The Empire faction is blunt force and high damage. I don’t know why you’d be trying to flex around that anyways, if you run Empire right you can defeat enemy teams pretty fast...
  • Options
    This isn't a "git gud" comment, but seriously if you cant 4/4 the last phases on DS TBs your either under powered, your using your squads incorrectly, or your using the wrong toons in your squads,

I am only 1.4 million GP and have no problem beating any phase 4/4.

Doesn't matter the squad.

Nightmare
    Vader lead with thrawn, tarkin, tfp, anyone else.
    Veers, Starck, Snow, Shore, Death

There are plenty of options.
  • Options
    Agreed with @terascque ... the last stages of DSTB aren’t hard unless you have teams that simply aren’t powered up high enough. My GP is only 1.35 mill and I usually don’t have any trouble whatsoever.

https://swgoh.gg/p/812755916/characters/

What kind of teams are you trying to run if you can’t get through?
  • Options
    If your forum name is the same as your in game name, you should have well over enough...

https://swgoh.gg/p/114945631/characters/
  • Options
    It's okay for a faction to have a weakness. The lack of healing/cleansing is one of Empire's.
    Still not a he.
  • Options
    Hmm you should be able to get the W with your troopers. Mine have no problem with TB and they’re lower gear. Try focusing on one toon, and avoid hitting any toons that counter until death has applied daze. If you really need to you can put in Thrawn as lead or sub in Magma for Snow, but I personally prefer Zeers, Shore, Death, Stark, Snow as they provide the most offense. Stark gets first turn, double buffs everyone for the turn meter push, Zeers masses fire into one enemy, taking him down, then work your way up weakest to strongest from there. They may get the occasional strafing run in and/or daze shoretrooper, but you can regain all that protection with kills. For the super hi-health enemies, slap on deathmark once one of the lower health toons are dead. You should be able to make it to the final stage with full protection/turn meter, then focus your fire on the weakest non-stealthing boss. If you can’t take him down before they all heal like crazy your team may just need more firepower. Which comp are you using?
  • Options
    Also, you may want to swap your mods around. Your troopers are pretty slow, and should have critical damage triangles (except shore-protection). That might be why you’re not getting enough damage done on the final phase to get the TM train rolling.
  • Options
    If your forum name is the same as your in game name, you should have well over enough...

https://swgoh.gg/p/114945631/characters/

The thing is only my Palpatine team scores a win while my other Empire teams get wiped out, believe it or not, they get shut down with tons of debuffs and huge damage, simply because they lack more healers like Shore and cleansers like Thrawn and all the while the rebels constantly heal and dispell themselves.

You can't win with troopers aswell as with your palp team? Somehow i don't buy that. Either you're lying or you don't really know how to use empire toons.