Could somebody explain Offence and Defence up/down?

Jessevjames
80 posts Member
edited March 2016
Please explain offense up/down and defense up/down. I get the concept but is it a debuff on enemie and what is the effect %. Probably a dumb question but the game doesn't explain it too well.

Replies

• Options
    Offense up/down: useful, I would rate the effectivity :+1: /10
    Defense up/down: near worthless, I would rate the effectivity Ugnaught/10
    Proud and Belgian officer of [DTA] BIER DTA | official Lando Calrissian fanboy KappaPride
  • Options
    Offense up makes you hit 50% harder. It makes Sid hit like a GS regular attack.
    Down makes you hit 50% softer. It makes Sid hit like a Barriss regular attack.

Defense up or down does next to nothing. Say you have 300 defense. Defense up gives you 450 instead. You have 10,000 hit points. Qui-Gon Jin hits you for 4,000. The defense saves you 450 points so it is like you got hit for 3,550 instead. You have 6,450 hit points left. His assist calls in FOTP/GS/REY/etc with +75% damage and kills you regardless of saving that 450 points.

Make sense?
    ☮ Consular ☮ Many of the truths we cling to depend greatly on our own point of view. -Ben Kenobi
  • Options
    Ah good stuff. I was thinking of farming plo koon who serves defense up so this kind of explains why I shouldn't farm him. Thanks!!!
  • Aero
    2972 posts Member
    Options
    You should still farm Plo Koon and do a clone squad! About to get mine up to 5* tonight. The defensive up sucks but that same move also grants turn meter.
  • Options
    Yeah your right and I did have an idea to do a clone squad. I've got Rex fives and sergeant but can't think of a fifth to go with them
  • Aero
    2972 posts Member
    Options
    Yeah your right and I did have an idea to do a clone squad. I've got Rex fives and sergeant but can't think of a fifth to go with them

I have Rex 7* g8, Fives 6* g8, Sargent 5* g8, and Plo Koon 5* g8. All level 70. I'm just using Luminara in the mean time until they add Commander Cody, Echo, or ARC Trooper which are all datamined. Maybe Ahsoka after they buff her and I finish Fives. I'm a suckered for themed teams.
  • scuba
    14052 posts Member
    Options
    Offense up hurts more. Defense up puts pretty green shield up for Asajj to try an steal.
  • ZarAzi
    249 posts Member
    Options
    Good:
    Offense Down
    Offense Up
    Defense Down

Disgustingly Bad:
    Defense Up
  • Pilot
    470 posts Member
    Options
    Offense up provides 50% offense. Thats a 50% bonus to your physical/special attack. Defense down affects armor. Cuts your armor in half. Tje problem is that armor is a flat constant. So having 200 armor mitigates 200 damage. With heroes hitting for 10k, 200 damage mitigation is silly. So your defense up on 200 armor mitigates 300 damage. However, offense up of that hero hitting for 10k turns the attack into 15k. Mitigating 300 flat damage from 15k is silly.

"There is no 'try'." - Master Yoda
  • Options
    There is one more interesting thing I'd like to ask using an opportunity... If you have an offence up buff and gain offence down debuff, what happens? I saw droids' speed up from Poggle disappeared after my Fives counter-attacked and placed speed down on it. Is it the same with offence up|down? They cannot be both at the same moment and the one that was placed last substitutes the previous, can they?
    If so, one may think about strategy against chars with offence up, like using Plo Koon with his AoE attack + mass offence down.