When are you going to fix TW matchmaking?

Swami2679
18 posts Member
edited September 2018
Longest overdue quality of life improvement: please fix Territory War matchmaking.
We are a 78M guild. It has been 8 TWs since we faced an opponent that had an actual guild GP in the 70M range. All others have been 20-30M higher GP than us. In this TW happening right now, we are losing to a 110M guild. Our rosters are simply not as deep as theirs. It is no contest.
CG, your formula is broken. Keep it simple: Match up guilds based on their **ACTUAL** total GP. Not lock-in GP, not total members who Join, nothing else. Their actual GP.
Therefore, it would be an incentive for guilds to get as many members to Join as possible to face opponents of similar strength and rosters.

Replies

• Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    There are ways to fix this, but removing the ability for someone to make their real life a priority over an event and not hurt there guild is not necessary to make that happen.

The match should only be based on the players that join and participate.

That doesnt mean it doesnt need to be fixed and account for things like zeta count and g11/g12 toons to get more even matching.
  • Swami2679
    18 posts Member
    edited September 2018
    Options
    I have to respectfully disagree with you, Kyno. But surely CG should at least hear the overwhelming message from us that the current formula is broken. We agree on that much.
    Basing matchmaking on actual guild GP is the fairest possible standard -- it rewards game activity and team cohesion for guilds who are able to get their membership involved and it is more likely to match guilds with memberships with similar rosters.
    Frankly, guilds *deserve* to be penalized if they cannot get all of their members to participate. That's the nature of a team-orientated event -- it should reward activity and participation at every level. I'm sorry, but if RL is so busy that you can't at least lock-in and put your roster on defense, then your guild should suffer from your absence. It's a reflection that the guild is not realizing its full potential and it is within the power of the individual and his or her guild to control that.
    Currently, guilds are being "hurt" no matter the participation level because they are being mismatched with over-powered guilds who, in fact, are being incentivized to not have everyone lock-in, so they can easily win in a lower bracket.
    The current formula is disincentivizing participation, not encouraging it.
    Again, it's a *team* event. Participation should be encouraged. Dispense with the complicated considerations and keep it simple: total, actual guild GP.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    edited September 2018
    Options
    How is it fair to punish someone for not playing or being available due to real life.

Participation is encouraged by rewards, anyone not participating doesnt gets rewards.

Fixing matching has nothing to do with players not being able to play all the time. There are plenty of 50 v 50 matches that are still not fair.

Many people commended them when this first came out for having a game mode that offered you the ability to sit out and take a break and not hurt your guild, it's a good thing.

Guilds are "penalized " when members cant play. There are many matches that are 50 v less than 50, and that is fine if the matches were more even in terms of players rosters.

I dotn thjnk it needs to be matched on player numbers, +/- 5 (or so) is fine.

Important factors that are missed are
    - number of zetas
    - number of g11/g12 toons
    - average GP
    - and I'm sure others

They matter way more than what has been described to us for matchmaking and are more representative of a fair match.
  • Options
    Kyno lets be honest. Do you really think they have the ability to pull off the complicated programming your asking for?

They can't balance toons. They can't fix a raid that 95% of the entire community has been SCREAMING about for the last 6 months.

I don't need to go on. You know they are incapable of fixing TW matchups in the manner you suggest.

Basing matchups off of active/locked in players IS the simplest easiest fix.

So your life comes up. Deal. If you set defense, are you saying you aren't contributing? Why do you have to be "playing" in order to count? What you have to play offense or your GP doesn't count?

Team oriented events are about teams. Not individuals.

We had 73 million GP. Our opponent had 112 million. We had 49 joins. Our entire guild for all intences and purposes. They had 30ish. Our whole guild can only muster a fraction of the power they have.

Lets NOT kid ourselves. This is not even remotely possible to beat. It matters not that they have 100 teams and we have 175.
    (I don't know those numbers are re accurate, they are only for illustration) It takes 4 runs of a 50-60k team to beat a 100k team with 6 zetas. If its even possible. We quickly run out of teams to use.

I mean my gosh they took every territory. We have south left to take, but there is no chance. There front line is stocked with 100k + teams with 6 zetas still. We are out. There's nothing to throw against that.

Implement the change based off total GP not active joins. THAT is the simplest and easiest fix. For the love of jesophast, its not like you can't implement this change and then try to see if you can do a better job implementing a change your way.

I'm telling my guild to have 25% of the roster sit out next time.

Is that really the right way to do it? We are only getting one zeta anyways, so why not have an easy time of getting it at least by playing against a guild with 20 million less GP who have no chance of beating us.

Then we can beat our breasts and think we are something special since we totally rolled them.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    terascque wrote: »
    Kyno lets be honest. Do you really think they have the ability to pull off the complicated programming your asking for?

They can't balance toons. They can't fix a raid that 95% of the entire community has been SCREAMING about for the last 6 months.

I don't need to go on. You know they are incapable of fixing TW matchups in the manner you suggest.

Basing matchups off of active/locked in players IS the simplest easiest fix.

So your life comes up. Deal. If you set defense, are you saying you aren't contributing? Why do you have to be "playing" in order to count? What you have to play offense or your GP doesn't count?

Team oriented events are about teams. Not individuals.

We had 73 million GP. Our opponent had 112 million. We had 49 joins. Our entire guild for all intences and purposes. They had 30ish. Our whole guild can only muster a fraction of the power they have.

Lets NOT kid ourselves. This is not even remotely possible to beat. It matters not that they have 100 teams and we have 175.
    (I don't know those numbers are re accurate, they are only for illustration) It takes 4 runs of a 50-60k team to beat a 100k team with 6 zetas. If its even possible. We quickly run out of teams to use.

I mean my gosh they took every territory. We have south left to take, but there is no chance. There front line is stocked with 100k + teams with 6 zetas still. We are out. There's nothing to throw against that.

Implement the change based off total GP not active joins. THAT is the simplest and easiest fix. For the love of jesophast, its not like you can't implement this change and then try to see if you can do a better job implementing a change your way.

I'm telling my guild to have 25% of the roster sit out next time.

Is that really the right way to do it? We are only getting one zeta anyways, so why not have an easy time of getting it at least by playing against a guild with 20 million less GP who have no chance of beating us.

Then we can beat our breasts and think we are something special since we totally rolled them.

Comparing 2 values in a sequence of comparisons is not hard. The issue is more about picking the right parameters. The follow up is just adjusting the width of allowance.

No it's not hard. This is not the way they do it now, and from what they have described they are not looking at the right things to compare 2 groups of players.