Starring Old Ben

This question is obviously for the "whales" (LOL), but how long did it take to level Old Ben to 6 and 7 stars with pack purchases? How much did you spend? I have a 4-star Old Ben and I really like what he brings but I'm not sure how competitive I can be with him at 4-stars and gear VII against teams with 6 and 7 star Lumi's, Sids, Dooku's, etc.

Replies

• Options
    I have him at 4 stars and for a long time was using him in arena. With QGJ as lead, he worked fun. I usually hovered around 75-100 in Arena. Part of it though is perception. People look at a 4 star character and think you're an easier target.

Recently had to change it up. Playing around with combos that include Yoda too. Problem is, so many Dookus in arena and the stun is just brutal.
  • Options
    I have bought a lot of chromiums in the past week and old Ben is a hard pull. Just my opinion
  • morcsea
    164 posts Member
    Options
    For what I read. 7 star Ben is at least $1500. I have mine still at 4 and I love him but can't spent that amount. Maybe one day he should be more affordable in the mean time I only use him in GW (spare or suicide squad)
  • Options
    I've been messing with him around 200 rank with a lead QGJ, Lumi, ST Han and Rey and it's not bad. His ability hurts them pretty good; that's the main reason for him anyway he doesn't hit worth a darn. I'm working on a Jedi team and I want to use him, dunno.
  • Smapty
    1260 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    I have a 7 star Ben and I have mixed feelings about him... His damage is not amazing but the debuff he lays down pretty much secures a win for your team as long as you have 4/5 or sometimes even 3/5 of your group alive when he casts it.

He is super tough and pulls alot of dodges and he is hard to kill... You almost want him to die sometimes for the buff but he will always be that last man standing... If it gets to that point it usually means game over for you and you lose...

He can change a game quickly in your favor but he won't offer much damage. I run a Jedi team with him but he is a replacement slot and situationally dependant on what team I am going up against.

Hope that offers some insight from my experience so far with him.

(p.s. I spent a lot of money on this game)
  • SamIAmx77
    89 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    Smapty wrote: »
    I have a 7 star Ben and I have mixed feelings about him... His damage is not amazing but the debuff he lays down pretty much secures a win for your team as long as you have 4/5 or sometimes even 3/5 of your group alive when he casts it.

He is super tough and pulls alot of dodges and he is hard to kill... You almost want him to die sometimes for the buff but he will always be that last man standing... If it gets to that point it usually means game over for you and you lose...

He can change a game quickly in your favor but he won't offer much damage. I run a Jedi team with him but he is a replacement slot and situationally dependant on what team I am going up against.

Hope that offers some insight from my experience so far with him

Yeah, see I was thinking about working towards a team with him and Anakin and hoping people would focus him down, so then he buffs the team and Anakin self-buffs but if you say he usually lives that's probably not realistic.

I tossed him in my team with a lead QGJ and he did pretty well, his ability is pretty sweet even at a lower level.
  • ZarAzi
    249 posts Member
    Options
    Ben is expensive and will not be viable in the long run. It took me awhile to hyper max mine but that was only because I enjoy collecting.

The path to hyper maxing Ben is a path to the dark side lol. Competitively speaking, you definitely have other better options like Poggle etc. :)
  • Options
    ZarAzi wrote: »
    Ben is expensive and will not be viable in the long run. It took me awhile to hyper max mine but that was only because I enjoy collecting.

The path to hyper maxing Ben is a path to the dark side lol. Competitively speaking, you definitely have other better options like Poggle etc. :)

I was looking for a competitive Jedi team and really trying to keep it Jedi, MAYBE sub in Rey for some burst DPS or ST Han for a tank and turn meter effects. Other than that really just Jedi and Rey is kinda' Jedi. LOL. When I want to be more competitive I can do some mixed teams that use a variety of characters but I really want a Jedi team cuz I'm kind of a Star Wars nerd. :)

Lead: QGJ
    Anakin
    Yoda
    Lumi
    Old Ben

That's what I was thinking of initially. Depending on the opponent Old Ben could be Rey or ST Han.
  • Options
    Isn't old Ben better at 4*? Because you want him to die?
    | John Salera is my favorite Sith Lord |
  • bleeaauuh
    1006 posts Member
    Options
    Old Ben is almost the only toon who is super viable at 4* if all you want to buy chromium packs for is him, then I wouldn't bother. Use him at 4* bc regardless of if he lives or dies he served his purpose. Super good toon leave him at 4*.
    I have a 6* old Ben 20 shards from 7* and he is great.