Strategy in TW when outmatched

Ryche
151 posts Member
edited September 2018
Was discussing this within our guild, as the last several TW's we have been outmatched 20-30 million GP each time.

What about putting all mediocre to garbage teams in for defense, saving EVERYTHING for offense?

Chances are, the higher GP team would use similar rated GP teams to fight yours, so it may take them multiple tries to win.
They might be thinking also "oh, all their good teams are in the back" and save their good teams until they get to the back. Then they face your 30k GP squads. lol

Just a thought.

Replies

• Options
    If you do that you are opening yourself to an easy wipe for the enemy. How have your previous defensive strategies fared? Was it a complete wipe or did you hold some territories? Were you able to successfully attack the enemy with what you had left? Every squad has a counter and it is best to build each type of squad you have access to. My guild is pretty laid back as far as strategies are concerned, we just ask if you place a defense in the front 2 zones they be a solid squad(85k+) with healing/protection recovery ability. Ex ZzCls, zzr2 variety or imperial troopers etc. We've won 26 wars just being laid back and having fun. Not everyone joins and it's fine, no pressure. I don't know your guilds current size or if you're struggling to get the minimum participation or not. You could also just try using the zone squad bonuses. I think it's resistance, first order and bounty hunters. May be another squad as well, I'm not sure. But as with my guild we just found a no fuss approach to the war, if you join place a defense and if you can't set a defense attack at will. If we win we win if not, oh well we still get a zeta and the other stuff. We are 50 in a 127mil gp guild with most tw having between 36 to 42 sign up. I think our highest was 46. But keep your head up and keep improving your squads. There are a lot of great suggestions of defense squads in here on the forum and online as well. Probably not too many strategies as that would be trade secrets and all but keep researching and communicating. Good luck and game on! I'm haysswa on swgoh.gg and in heralds of galactus guild
  • Options
    Used to be that this strategy was just playing to lose. Best you could hope for was a tie = same as losing. With the new points system, who knows? You might get lucky. Odds are not in your favor, I expect.
  • Options
    You probably want the opposite strategy, stronger defense on row 1 and 2 as they will have deeper squads. Otherwise they will run right through you if you place weak teams on defense and they probably will have solid teams on defense and won't be easy to get through even with your best teams.
  • Options
    Our last opponent appeared to have tried that strategy. Their zones were full of 50-60K power teams, often with no synergy, and we mowed through them in 90 minutes. Only 23/48 of our guild even got to attack, it was over that fast.

In clearing their 192 squads and 48 fleets we had a grand total of 15 battles that were not “first time” clears. That’s 75 points off the perfect score, plus we lost somewhere around 30 points for toons dying. Just over 100 points off perfect score.

In clearing our first CLS/Han/Chaze/+1 zone they had over 20 battles that were not first time clears. At that point, they’d already lost.

Each to their own, of course, but that’s not a strategy that will win you a TW.