Ooh, more X-wings?

I just started playing a little while back-- I think Bastilla and Jolee were the shop big characters and Embo's marquee was up?-- so I haven't seen as much of the murky past here, but is the T-65 X-Wing with Rebel Pilot new? I'm hoping so-- and hoping that they won't be hidden from player side the way Rebel Pilots and various other workhorse types have been to date. I really like the idea of the Rebellion/Resistance as _organizations_, as themes, and I've adored X-wings since I was an elementary school fan in the 80s.

Any hope of getting Rebel enlisted troops/non-legendary pilots? It'd be neat.

(And astromech slotting for certain ships... >.>)

Replies

• Dk_rek
    3299 posts Member
    edited September 2018
    Options
    I just started playing a little while back-- I think Bastilla and Jolee were the shop big characters and Embo's marquee was up?-- so I haven't seen as much of the murky past here, but is the T-65 X-Wing with Rebel Pilot new? I'm hoping so-- and hoping that they won't be hidden from player side the way Rebel Pilots and various other workhorse types have been to date. I really like the idea of the Rebellion/Resistance as _organizations_, as themes, and I've adored X-wings since I was an elementary school fan in the 80s.

Any hope of getting Rebel enlisted troops/non-legendary pilots? It'd be neat.

(And astromech slotting for certain ships... >.>)

Astromechs probably never happening it was trashed so they could bring us reinforcement abilites and the 3v3 RNG AI buff fest we have now

• Options
    I can hope. It sounds like it's at least in their thought processes. I suspect the biggest problem would be finding equivalents for dark side-- not that there are separate campaigns, but people tend to think of things in terms of 'sides'. Maybe "duplicates" for TIEs-- you could even have a duplicate TIE-advanced since they were considering bringing in more-- that don't add extra ships, but just functionally add to your abilities like an astromech non-required crew could be.

That said, any thoughts on the T-65?
  • Options
    There are two T-65s - Biggs & Wedge.
    And two T-70s - Poe and Resistance Pilot
  • Options
    I mean, as in that's literally the name in game. I know the designations in universe, but if you click on your enemy and check before obliterating in the marquee, there's a third and it's literally called "T-65 X-Wing" with just the generic rebel pilot. I'm hoping that's not been used before so it might be a sign of a similar ship being made available to players. Or did I miss them on the fleet table or something?
  • Options
    It has been used before. Fleet mastery, etc.
  • Options
    Saddest of faces. *sighs* Is it so hard to believe that people would want the generics for the rebels as well as the bad guys and the resistance, the Jedi, the Galactic Republic... why are only the rebels kept offsides?