New Hero's Journey?

2Next

Replies

• EA_Cian
    971 posts EA Staff (retired)
    Options
    I don't have any insight I can offer here but let's please be respectful of how we talk to each other and be mindful of making accusations towards one and other.
  • Options
    Luke's first Heros Journey was great specifically because it followed the story arc.

If the next heros journey for Luke is to follow th story arc again the characters that are definitely out are:

Hoth Han
    Wampa
    Any rebels from ANH and from ESB before Luke arrives at Bespin - the start character is Bespin Luke

So Lando, Lobot, RAID Han (or a new han), rolo or a new leia (gold bikini ;-) ), a new chewie, r2, C3PO and a new falcon are all reasonable requirements

He can fight Vader twice. Below is my suggestion

1) Escape hoth - Rebel fleets escapes both allowing Bespin Luke to go off to yoda (get aoma ships goodies) requires ackbar and his ship 7*

2)training camp it's yoda - requires 5* hoda gives shards

3) save my friends my friends - requires lando, lobot, rolo, and a han version all at 7*
    Luke faces Vader alone loses - get more shards

4) jabba palace - final stage is mini rancor from raid Luke only

5)Endor - requires 5 ewoks at 7* (including wicket)

6) duel Vader as 'Jedi luke' marquee style - Jedi Luke uses mods and gear level of players Bespin Luke (this should be crazy hard to win

7) like my father before me - play as Vader to save Luke from the emperor

After 7 Luke unlocks at 7*

The most iconic character in the future franchise should take some getting.

Just a thought. Have fun guys
  • Options
    Lukes next hero's journey will be his arch from the Empire Strikes Back. You would unlock RotJ Luke since both journeys we have seen have taken the base character through one movie and give you a version of that character from the next movie.

As far as toons needed CHS ROLO And CLS (and maybe a rebel Chewie) fighting various troopers on hoth. CLS 1v1 Wampa, Maybe CLS 1v1 ATAT The Hoth twins could possibly be in some of those phases but I really doubt they would be needed.

Then move to Dagobah where missions would be CLS hoda and maybe R2 again? Possibly just fighting Vader in the cave or maybe fighting swamp creatures?

Then CLS and R2 in Bespin fighting imps and Boba.

Then CLS 1v1 against Vader.

I could see hoth easily being the first 3-4 missions, Dagobah getting 1-2, and Bespin getting 1-2.

My bet is

CLS
    ROLO
    CHS
    Hoda

Possibly
    R2
    Rebel Chewie

Unlikely
    Hoth twins
    Lando
    Lobot

Luke's Return of the Jedi arch won't happen for a while and would get us Hermit Luke or Jedi Madter luke (when he had his academy before trying to murder Ben :/ )
  • Options
    NikWolver wrote: »
    jhbuchholz wrote: »
    Guys in Rey's journey we didnt even get to see kylo killing han. In my opinion it's totally up to the devs to make it since the game pays almost zero attention to lore accuracy. Hell they even made characters like biggs or ewoks actually a threat. Anyway, I just told you what I know about hermit yoda & wampa. Im sure the post is out there somewhere to find. Regardless as said above all we can do is speculate due to the very fact that the game doesnt follow the lore strictly. So surely they could make lando a requirement or even introduce c3po or bounty hunter leia. No reliable predictions can be made so who knows

They couldn't fit the while movie into the Hero's Journey and cut a scene. Probably so it wasn't a carbon copy of the CLS Hero's Journey (that's just speculation). They didn't throw in random characters that weren't in the movie or didn't cross paths with Rey (no Poe for instance). I think a new Hero's Journey will stick close to whatever plot it's pulled from.

Add me to the list of folks that would love to see you produce proof of the devs saying Hermit Yoda and Wampa won't be in a Hero's Journey. I believe I could have missed this. I find it hard to believe everyone else did too. Prove us all wrong ;)

It seems to me you're implying Im lying. Now why I would do that when we are only speculating is beyond me but in any case since I cant seem to find this with a 5 min google search would you mind tagging a dev here to confirm it has been said? (you or someone else I've just never done it before) It was either in a post or a youtube video in which a couple devs were guests or something like that

Oh no, not at all! Just wondering if you're misremembering something. I'm sure you're not lying but I don't think you have your facts straight. I'm very open to being proven wrong.

It just seems that there is a *lot* of ongoing speculation that either Hermit Yoda (most likely) or Wampa could be part of the next Luke Hero's Journey. You're the first person I've seen say the dev's ruled them out. If the dev's had ruled them out I'd think others would be pointing this out too.

Personally, I don't think either one will be included, but not because I've ever seen a definitive statement from anyone.
  • Options
    If we get a DS journey-type event, I just really want it to be called a Villain's Descent.
  • Options
    komji15 wrote: »
    Dark side Anakin’s Hero’s Demise:
    — Jedi Knight Anakin
    — General Kenobi
    — Mace Windu
    — R2-D2
    — Emperor Palpatine
    (No Tusken No.. I don’t want to farm them.)

Yes, please!
  • Options
    Whether it was said or not, HYoda not being used for Luke's next hero's journey would be ****. He has been in the game for a year now. It is a reasonable expectation that anyone playing for a year or more should have him and wampa maxed out by now. My guess is we will need HYoda, Rolo, CHS, CLS and new Chewie.
    ☮ Consular ☮ American Rebel Rebel Force (Endor) JedhaYavin IV
  • Options
    Oh no, not at all! Just wondering if you're misremembering something. I'm sure you're not lying but I don't think you have your facts straight. I'm very open to being proven wrong.

It just seems that there is a *lot* of ongoing speculation that either Hermit Yoda (most likely) or Wampa could be part of the next Luke Hero's Journey. You're the first person I've seen say the dev's ruled them out. If the dev's had ruled them out I'd think others would be pointing this out too.

Personally, I don't think either one will be included, but not because I've ever seen a definitive statement from anyone.

Well I clearly remember it but even if it didnt get any attention I wouldnt bet on them (Hermit Yoda & Wampa) showing up either. While I would prefer sticking to the story which would make Hermit Yoda almost certain to be needed (actually both of them should be needed) I know it's not going to happen if they remain in the guild event store. The rate with which we gain these tokens cannot be dictated by crystals so the character needed would have to pop up at another farming place as well (which seems highly unlikely to me) to do the whole panic farm thing . That's why I went with lando. I didnt consider R2 because he would be already farmed for CLS.

It goes really quick if you focus. There is no reason to not farm him where he is (and wampa too). Sure, if you weren't playing for the last year and just started, you probably won't have him for a little while but if you are new to the game, you shouldn't be able to get the greatest release to date (jedi luke) on the first pass.
    ☮ Consular ☮ American Rebel Rebel Force (Endor) JedhaYavin IV
  • Options

Well I clearly remember it but even if it didnt get any attention I wouldnt bet on them (Hermit Yoda & Wampa) showing up either. While I would prefer sticking to the story which would make Hermit Yoda almost certain to be needed (actually both of them should be needed) I know it's not going to happen if they remain in the guild event store. The rate with which we gain these tokens cannot be dictated by crystals so the character needed would have to pop up at another farming place as well (which seems highly unlikely to me) to do the whole panic farm thing . That's why I went with lando. I didnt consider R2 because he would be already farmed for CLS.

I've read something similar to what you are saying.
  • Options
    Padas wrote: »
    Lukes next hero's journey will be his arch from the Empire Strikes Back. You would unlock RotJ Luke since both journeys we have seen have taken the base character through one movie and give you a version of that character from the next movie.

As far as toons needed CHS ROLO And CLS (and maybe a rebel Chewie) fighting various troopers on hoth. CLS 1v1 Wampa, Maybe CLS 1v1 ATAT The Hoth twins could possibly be in some of those phases but I really doubt they would be needed.

Then move to Dagobah where missions would be CLS hoda and maybe R2 again? Possibly just fighting Vader in the cave or maybe fighting swamp creatures?

Then CLS and R2 in Bespin fighting imps and Boba.

Then CLS 1v1 against Vader.

I could see hoth easily being the first 3-4 missions, Dagobah getting 1-2, and Bespin getting 1-2.

My bet is

CLS
    ROLO
    CHS
    Hoda

Possibly
    R2
    Rebel Chewie

Unlikely
    Hoth twins
    Lando
    Lobot

Luke's Return of the Jedi arch won't happen for a while and would get us Hermit Luke or Jedi Madter luke (when he had his academy before trying to murder Ben :/ )

I agree.

It would be kinda neat to allow you to use the hoth solider and scout as extras or just beat it with cls, chs, and chewie. Kinda a way to make it easier for those with them 7 starred but not making them req.

I'm good to go on the req unless they pull something like actually making hoth solider or lobot req. Just need to finish up dengar to have 5 7star bh. But it's a week of guild currency so no worries there. Also going to try and finish bossk in case he is a specific req for ot chewie.
  • Options
    yes it's malak probably that you will then need for revan
  • Options
    RAYRAY wrote: »
    Whether it was said or not, HYoda not being used for Luke's next hero's journey would be ****. He has been in the game for a year now. It is a reasonable expectation that anyone playing for a year or more should have him and wampa maxed out by now. My guess is we will need HYoda, Rolo, CHS, CLS and new Chewie.

I've been playing for a bit more than a year now and the guild event tokens I have earned would be enough for a 6* of one and unlocking the other. You are forgetting the amount of tokens earned depends directly on how you do as a guild

I don't see hoda being in the guild event store as a impediment to him being req for jedi luke. He's been in there long enough that it is possible to have him. Maybe not for everyone but jedi luke is end game content and will not be available to everyone. If it had to be characters that are day 1 farmable, you couldn't req cls either.

Also, nothing says they can't put packs for hoda out or just rely on panic farming other characters to make the money on this one.

I personally farmed hoda but not wampa because he may be needed. Gear is more important than wampa at the moment since I'm trying to round out a few hstr squads to get our guild heroic.
  • Options
    I don't understand the argument that Hoda isn't monetized so he won't be include in Jedi Luke's heroes journey.

It is super easy for them to just add a Hoda pack for money and/or shards for people to whale on. And if he is required I am sure CG will bring at least a bundle pack that gives 40-80 shards of all the required toons that aren't CLS, R2, or Chewie if we are getting him Thursday.
  • DarkHelmet1138
    3884 posts Member
    edited September 2018
    Options
    Padas wrote: »
    I don't understand the argument that Hoda isn't monetized so he won't be include in Jedi Luke's heroes journey.

It is super easy for them to just add a Hoda pack for money and/or shards for people to whale on. And if he is required I am sure CG will bring at least a bundle pack that gives 40-80 shards of all the required toons that aren't CLS, R2, or Chewie if we are getting him Thursday.

Don't forget extra bh packs. Though those may be out already. Don't pay much attention since I don't buy them.
    Post edited by DarkHelmet1138 on
  • Options
    Everyone keeps forgetting the only difficult requirement for CLS was R2. Requiring CLS, Hoda, Rolo, and CHS would be difficult enough for newer players while rewarding the efforts of established players.
  • Options
    So, since everyone's been rambling about how the new mystery character from the puzzle piece hunt is probably going to be a rebel OT version of Chewie, I've been thinking that this could actually make a Jedi Luke's event a real possibility. The devs have already said that Hermit Yoda & Wampa are never going to be requested for legendary or similar events due to their special farm place. So I theorize the characters for Jedi Luke would be:

-CLS
    -Hoth Leia
    -Hoth Han
    -Lando
    -New Chewie

Any thoughts?

Rebel pilot Luke too early for Jedi Luke
  • Options
    Everyone keeps forgetting the only difficult requirement for CLS was R2. Requiring CLS, Hoda, Rolo, and CHS would be difficult enough for newer players while rewarding the efforts of established players.

Jedi Luke would be the first hero's journey characters to require another hero's journey character. That in itself will make it harder for new players and less so for established players.

So it is really hard to tell the difficulty of a farm CG will want jedi luke to be. They may feel that hoda isn't too hard of a req considering how long he has been available.

It does make since that esb characters would be req. That includes hoda. And it also makes since that a faction that wasn't previously req would be for a req similar to r2 and bb8. Bh being needed for chewie seems logical but it could also be ewoks for 3PO at some future date. Though they likely would save that for a rotj legendary. Bit who knows.