Why a massive paywall in TB?

So what's the point of putting a massive paywall in TB??? Not a single ship platoon could be filled today due to HT and Sith Fighter. I'm not even F2P and I think this has gotten out of hand. Just like when the devs decided to take away G12 gear from hSR for the reason of "balance in longevity" that seems like complete **** when you can't take the same consideration towards TB.

Platoons drastically affect the outcome of CMs and SMs, especially in days 5 and 6, but you guys are bent on making an already miserable event that much worse.

I watched so many longtime players quit this game in the last few months including whales. Do you guys hate your jobs so much that you want to drive even more people away form the game??

I think you forget, that unlike you, the rest of us don't get paid to sit around and play this game. It has no longer become a game of enjoyment, but rather a chore similar to the 9-5 grind.

Why don't you throw us a bone for change and remove the paywall from TB. The people who are going to spend money on new content are going to do it regardless, same will be said for those who don't spend money. Putting a pay wall in TB isn't going to win you any new spenders/fans. You're just driving up the quit rate of longtime players. When 3.5 - 4Mil accounts are quitting left and right, I don't see how you guys could be so blind?

Replies

• Options
    Was coming here to make the exact same comment. 5th slice of TB, powerful guild that farms HSTR, etc. We cannot fill ONE SINGLE SHIPS PLATOON.

We need 4 of each to complete: hounds tooth, sith fighter, and Lando falcon.

Insulting and short sighted.
  • Ultra
    11521 posts Moderator
    Options
    Easybee wrote: »
    Was coming here to make the exact same comment. 5th slice of TB, powerful guild that farms HSTR, etc.
    Then your teams should be strong enough to win without platoons.

You can choose not to spend a dime and form powerful teams to overcome the waves of enemies and their bonuses or go pay and make it easier by using platoons.

Its not impossible to win without filling platoons. You just need to gear and invest on your toons more.
  • WookieWookie
    1460 posts Member
    edited September 2018
    Options
    Eventually the higher tier guilds' total GP will be high enough to just deploy past any missed waves and still achieve perfect TB stars even with missed missions and platoons.

(That is the positive side of each marquee character - while they make the platoons harder to fill until they come to a farmable location, CG is essentially giving every player another 8-12k GP by level 53'ing, 6th level ability'ing, and gear 7'ing those marquee characters.)
  • Options
    SantaDoc wrote: »
    I watched so many longtime players quit this game in the last few months including whales. Do you guys hate your jobs so much that you want to drive even more people away form the game??

Why do discontents always feel the need to throw in a veiled threat? FYI, CG has a much better grasp of what the player base is doing because they can review all the stats. If a decision they make is really causing a mass exodus, they would know about it.

I do agree with your point about platoons though. CG has never really gotten them right.
  • Options
    I should say that I very much enjoy TB, and it's true we still do fairly well at it, but not one platoon? It's just rediculous, and it will affect our performance, I'm sure.
  • Naraic
    2243 posts Member
    edited September 2018
    Options
    Eventually the higher tier guilds' total GP will be high enough to just deploy past any missed waves and still achieve perfect TB stars even with missed missions and platoons.

(That is the positive side of each marquee character - while they make the platoons harder to fill until they come to a farmable location, CG is essentially giving every player another 8-12k GP by level 53'ing, 6th level ability'ing, and gear 7'ing those marquee characters.)

Agreed.

My guild has gotten 1 million fleet gp from cad banes new ship just by piggy backing on our existing cad bane.no one has 7 starred it or anything like that.
  • Options
    It’s true - if you have great teams they can win with out platoons. I used to tell my guild not to platoon in phases 5 and 6 at all.

Platoons do stink though. It’s a fun sucker for sure. I want to ask for a better way but I’m a little wary of asking for any fixes.
  • HK666
    1263 posts Member
    Options
    TB is probably one of my favorite parts of this game

While platoons are easily my least favorite part of TB, I don't really think it needs to be changed. (Really, I'm more bummed by not being able to use the toon in a battle if I platoon it) Eventually I'll have enough teams to steamroll with zero platoons, but until then, I'm content to keep struggling along
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    Options
    The reason for a paywall? I'm sure profit would be the primary reason.