So, what's gonna beat traya?

I know there are teams now that can beat her, but more and more shards are looking like entirely Traya in the top 50. So who is gonna beat her? Revan? Jedi Luke? What theorized abilities could undo her debilitating leadership and unique? Will Traya become like Raid Han and always useful or like GK and easily shutdown by a future character? Thoughts? Hopes?

Replies

• Options
    Meetra Surik.
  • Options
    Lots of teams can beat Traya, they just don’t hold as well on defense. If you throw a non-Traya team on a mostly Traya shard it’s going to get eaten alive. Traya beats everything on offense, including other Trayas, and holds the best on defense. Only thing that’s going to change that is some character that has yet to be released.
  • Options
    Droids will. Devs have said that droids will eventually become meta. I've been hearing my main ones up since they said it. So far they aren't too bad. Even with hk as the lead over what ever droid will get a leadership that's better for them
  • Olddumper
    3000 posts Member
    edited September 2018
    Options
    Nema wrote: »
    Droids will. Devs have said that droids will eventually become meta. I've been hearing my main ones up since they said it. So far they aren't too bad. Even with hk as the lead over what ever droid will get a leadership that's better for them

Yeah I think Jango will steal the trio for his lead and then droids will come in and clean house. They are super fast and have crazy dps. They just need a leader.
  • StarSon
    7465 posts Member
    edited September 2018
    Options

The devs also said they never intended for speed to be meta, which shows they cannot be trusted when it comes to what will or won't be meta.

Edit: they also talked about how amazing RJT would be in arena, and that there was some secret character that would make her teams almost unbeatable. Too bad they forgot about the RJT killers they'd released the month before.
  • Options
    Olddumper wrote: »

Yeah I think Jango will steal the trio for his lead and then droids will come in and clean house. They are super fast and have crazy dps. They just need a leader.

Perhaps like General Grevious rework!
  • Options
    They are easy for me. Thrawn lead with MagmaTrooper without him they can be really annoying.e1wo3j0qhjft.png
  • Options
    ShannonP35 wrote: »
    They are easy for me. Thrawn lead with MagmaTrooper without him they can be really annoying.e1wo3j0qhjft.png

And as with everything else, your team will lose so fast on defense.
  • Options

I like how you have a g12 magma, 7* gar saxon ship, but not a 7* executrix. :3
  • Options
    Back onto the topic... what will it take to beat Traya....

Trying to think of a skill that would cause Traya problems but not be so overpowered it just replaces the meta...

Only thing I can think of is a leadership like:

When any enemy toon is healed to 100% health, All allies gain damage immunity for 3 turns(this debuff can not be prevented or removed).

Or some other uber bonus... Damage immunity would prevent the autohealing...

• Options
    Olddumper wrote: »

GG's time to shine is almost upon us :)
  • Options
    I think we’re going to be in a Traya meta for at least another couple months. It’s most likely going to take a heroes journey character to replace the Traya meta and before we get a heroes journey, we’re likely going to get a legendary character (like r2 or bb8) that is needed for the heroes journey. We might have a better idea Thursday. When they released that puzzle they put 09/20 as the subject. It’s possible that we get a legendary event soon.
  • Options
    Something than can cleanse uncleansable debuffs like isolate and fracture and immune to instant defeat. Probably
  • Options
    Everybody is really over thinking this. All it would take is a droid leader. Droids with target lock are right in position. Just give them a GG rework. Give them a leadership that makes them take reduced damage from % health effects and bonus TM when debuffed. Give GG a passive cleanse unique. Give GG an AOE that drops hella DoTs through anything. That would be Uber meta.
  • Options

any luck with this team vs traya lead triumbirate+ sith trooper+enfy?
  • Options
    No problem with Nest had to beat that team on my way to number 1. I'm running this team now good on defence. Shore and Sion as tanks is annoying EP potency is 130% he always stuns 4 out of 5 toons. DN is the first Toon I Annihilate. Treya I fracture and the rest is easy. When I first started playing this game my goal was to be number 1 in both Arena's at the same time. I did that that's legendary.
  • Options
    pn01snijylef.png
    This team
  • Options
    pn01snijylef.png
    This team

I ran this squad in arena a long time before Traya came out. Traya is better.