After an eternity farming 50 Mk6 Chiewab hypo syringes...

Was it worth it?

Here's Count Dooku before and after-

https://www.flickr.com/photos/140837387@N06/24880796283/in/dateposted-public/

Replies

• Hangfire
    497 posts Member
    Options
    So was it worth it?
  • slmcmr
    875 posts Member
    Options
    I haven't started farming them yet. Instead i'm farming cuffs because they will be easier to get when the level cap increases. Those cuffs are even harder to farm imo
  • Options
    After you're done farming them for Rey....you get to farm them some more, lol.

And still. Ability mats are what hold me back.
  • J7000
    2059 posts Member
    Options
    Was it worth it?

Here's Count Dooku before and after-

https://www.flickr.com/photos/140837387@N06/24880796283/in/dateposted-public/

It may not seem worth it now but when the level cap rises and you can raise his gear level quicker than your opponents you will be glad you did.
  • Options
    Hangfire wrote: »
    So was it worth it?

His power went from 5336 to 5407. A whopping 71 point increase. So, it really won't help now. BUT it is absolutely necessary to further develop important characters.

Was it worth it?

Short-term: No.

Long-term: Yes, because farming them now will allow for quicker gear upgrades once the cap increases. This will provide a strategic advantage over the people who waited to farm and now need 2-3 weeks to collect 50 of these things.

Thoughts?
  • Options
    Hangfire wrote: »
    So was it worth it?

His power went from 5336 to 5407. A whopping 71 point increase. So, it really won't help now. BUT it is absolutely necessary to further develop important characters.

Was it worth it?

Short-term: No.

Long-term: Yes, because farming them now will allow for quicker gear upgrades once the cap increases. This will provide a strategic advantage over the people who waited to farm and now need 2-3 weeks to collect 50 of these things.

Thoughts?

Here are my thoughts. Yes... :)
  • Options
    Here are my thoughts. Yes... :)[/quote]

Betrayed you, your thoughts have. Meet in the Arena, we will. Defeat you, we will. Yeessss
  • Qeltar
    4326 posts Member
    Options
    Short term? No, for reasons already stated.
    Long term? No, because by the time you will need it, they will drop in challenges.
    Quit 7/14/16. Best of luck to all of you.
  • Barrok
    1754 posts Member
    Options
    Qeltar wrote: »
    Long term? No, because by the time you will need it, they will drop in challenges.

There will be a period where his opponents in Arena will be waiting for the challenges, and he will be increasing the gears on his characters giving them more speed and more HP and damage.

So, the long term approach is worth it... in the short term.. of the long term ;). Inevitably, everyone will catch up to you, but for a period of time you will have an advantage.
  • Options
    Qeltar wrote: »

While we know they will drop in challenges starting at level 72, we don't know how many we will get per day on AGI gear days. I assume we will get fewer than the 10-15 Mk5 pieces we currently farm at cap 70. So, lets say we get 5-8 pieces per day, that's 15-24 per week. That's still a 2+ week farm to fill the slot. I need around 250 between my GW team and Arena team, so it's better for me to farm early and often.
  • Qeltar
    4326 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    That's fine, to each his/her own.
    I just have so many characters that need purple gear that must be farmed, that I can't imagine spending energy on anything I can get more easily.
    They are also going to open more nodes, many of which will drop purple gear. I get a lot of my purple gear from hard nodes now.
    Quit 7/14/16. Best of luck to all of you.