First Zeta

Prev1
I'm on the horizon of my first Zeta and wanted to seek the collective wisdom...
Background: I came late to the party of building nicely synergised squads. Instead I (wrongly) assumed 'named' characters would be better then generics; and that a team of names would win the day. Then I got hammered by phoenix teams all the time...but it means my zeta choice is not straightforward as any themed squad has (multiple) weak links.
Context: Lvl 85 with a few 7* toons; 1 gear lvl 10, others 8-9

Viable zeta options
1) Fett.
Why? My 2nd best toon, and core of my GW/Arena squad.
Why not? Selfish zeta. Other BH need work (Greedo 7* lvl 80; CB near 7* lvl 70; Bossk 3*, Dengar 3*). Already sim credit heist tier 3

2) Vader
Why? Top toon, gr10. Hoping helps Tie Adv, which is 5* lvl85
Why not? Other Empire lacking. 7*EP, but low level, ditto 6* Thrawn and Tarkin; RG & TFP lower still

3) Kylo or KRU
Both 7*, lvl 85, gr9. Joined by 6* lvl 60 FOST and FOTFP. Have 7* lvl 70 Phasma, but looking to replace with FOO by farming from Cantina Store

4) Phoenix
Sabine is 6*, others 7*. Sabine may be obvious, but 100 shards to 7* with 1 drop per day (average) means long wait and she'll be ineligible for Thrawn events, etc. Could Zeta any of the others also.

So, choices:
Fett
Vader
Kylo
KRU
Sabine
Kanan
Ezra
Hera

Who should I zeta first?
Thanks

Replies

• crzydroid
    7301 posts Moderator
    Options
    Can you post a link to your swgoh.gg account?
  • Options
    Sure. How do I do that?
  • Options
    Go to swgoh.gg, create an account, copy the link, and paste it here.
  • Vendi1983
    5023 posts Member
    edited September 2018
    Options
    Based on your list alone I'd vote KRU leadership and roll out 4 FO + Vader (or keep Phasma) until you get FOO. Considering you have a 6* FOST already that's a solid squad.

Or go boring Meta and roll out zPalp lead, Vader, Thrawn, Tarkin, TFP. But where's the fun in that...
  • Options
    Cheers.

It's
    swgoh.gg/p/118332859/
  • Vendi1983
    5023 posts Member
    edited September 2018
    Options
    I'm lazy, so here ya go:

https://swgoh.gg/p/118332859/
  • komji15
    534 posts Member
    edited September 2018
    Options
    For now, in terms of arena, KRU lead zeta abilities would be the best choice. His leader ship is really awesome. There are great differences between before and after.

The point choosing the character to zeta is the differences between before and after.

FO squad under KRU zeta lead is very useful in TB TW(Defense) and all of three raids.
    With his lead, FOE is necessary.

Vader lead is not recommended nowadays.
    I suggest Palpatine lead. His zeta lead is the most powerful and dominant zeta lead in the arena.

Using FO in arena, farm empire and sith characters. When empire/sith units are strong enough, then change your arena team to Palpatine team.

I recommend this:
    Palpatine Vader Thrawn Sion Nihilus.
    Sion and Nihilus can farm from LS/DS Battle hard 9-A each.
  • Options
    Looking at your current roster, you could either save your zeta until you see how your roster develops, or you could zeta Vader's leader ability to prepare for a team able to solo heroic rancor raids. Zader, Thrawn, TFP, Tarkin and EP can auto the whole thing. I believe, you will be developing your empire team anyway to unlock R2D2 and take it to 7* required in Command Luke Skywalker's hero's journey.
  • Options
    So, looking like toss up between zader for rancor raid or zkru for general use.

I just unlocked 5* executrix, so can try for ship abmats. Claims zeta pieces are potential drops? I have 7* lvl 85 tie silencer and 5* lvl 80 tie adv. Tie adv hard to farm as not yet at that level of ships journey.
    Would zkru or zader help ships? Thinking about next zeta already
  • Options
    @fakir, yeah. Choosing empire around rancor and R2 as opposed to imperial troopers for now
  • Options
    @Vendi1983 thanks for link. Work pc no liking text format box
  • Options
    Your 1st 2 zeta should always be vader and finn or you are playing the game wrong
  • Options
    Zeta Kru lead FO team can solo rancor..... No need to waste one on Vader lead for that purpose....
  • Options
    And can solo it in half the time of a Zader team too.
  • Options
    Who else you need in FO to solo rancor. I'm guessing FOO is needed for tm control?
  • Options
    Olddumper wrote: »
    Your 1st 2 zeta should always be vader and finn or you are playing the game wrong

I disagree, it’s usually your arena leader first. And if you don’t farm the CLS requirements and join a guild that can’t do HPit, then you’re doing something wrong. CLS and raid Han can solo the rancor.
    Who else you need in FO to solo rancor. I'm guessing FOO is needed for tm control?

All you need is KRU, FOO, and FOE.
  • Options
    A team of Kru, Kylo, phasma, foo and foe is the easiest to farm, and in my option, the best FO raid team...... For arena, sub in fotp or fost for phasma.....
  • crzydroid
    7301 posts Moderator
    Options
    One option I think you have is to zeta Bastila lead, and put gear and levels into Yoda. Run Bastila, Yoda, Ezra, Kanan, and Ahsoka until you get Old Ben, Hermit Yoda, Kenobi, etc.

Also, Jango Fett comes out tomorrow, if you think you might want to put work into bounty hunters and zeta him.
  • Vendi1983
    5023 posts Member
    edited September 2018
    Options

1- KRU - tenacity down continuously so TM removal sticks.
    2 - FOST/Phasma - Speed Down. Critical unless you have absolutely awesome speed secondaries for P4 where the Rancor is 25% faster. Personally FOST is better as he calls assists and grants advantage with his Zeta. And his taunt grants almost as much TM as Victory March.
    3 - FOO - removes TM but more importantly passes offense up, advantage and 100% TM to FOE as often as possible in between.
    4 - FOE - removes 50% TM with special but also stacks offense each phase and hits for close to 100k each turn by the end of each. He'll do about 7.5 million of the 10.3 million total by the end.
    5 - OG Kylo- purely there to spam Lash Out and grant everyone 25% TM and 50% to anyone with advantage.

Could pull off a solo with just KRU, FOO, and FOE but you'd need ridiculous speed.
  • Options
    Zader and zFinn are cool, but FAR from the best uses for first zetas, especially based on your current roster.

zKRU or zEP are indeed your best choices. zKylo is good, but not as good as zKRU. Boba is niche, and almost unnecessary if run under Bossk. Phoenix zetas are for much, much later.
    Ally Code 766-465-766 swgoh.gg/u/trystansr/collection/
  • Options
    You should zeta Boba. Why? Because you want to, and that's really all that matters. Work on building more factions and apply zetas when they start grooving.
  • Options
    Thanks folks, looks like zkru is the fave. Will farm FOE too, TFP can wait a while until other empire getting sorted.

Bastila also on radar. Often tripped up on GW by EP lead sith squads in final 3-4 rounds. Can't get started with any team but jedi. But long farm yet for bastila. Nearly 7* windu to give 5x7* jedi for next GMY event
  • Options
    bastzilla is perfectly viable at 4/5*. She doesn't need 7* to be useful. If you have the other jedi, she can immediately contribute.
    Ally Code 766-465-766 swgoh.gg/u/trystansr/collection/
  • Options
    My advice would be to go First Order and zeta Krum’s leader. They are a really solid faction and usable in a wide range of game modes (plus tbeur are really fun to play with). Also, Krum has a really good ship as well.
  • Options
    Yeah, I maxed tie silencer other than abilities.
    Bastila is ace, only fussing over * count for eligibility in certain events. Same issue with Sabine - sloooow to farm and can't join 7* thrawn battle
  • Options
    Silencer is a beast of a ship.
  • Options
    Yeah, I maxed tie silencer other than abilities.
    Bastila is ace, only fussing over * count for eligibility in certain events. Same issue with Sabine - sloooow to farm and can't join 7* thrawn battle

You don’t need 6 Phoenix characters for Thrawn. The other 5 will do just fine.
  • Options
    Would zkru or zader help ships? Thinking about next zeta already

Any improvement to Vader's og Kru's crew power will affect their ships' power and stats. Yes, a zeta is a great improvement for the ships as well.

• Options
    BubbaFett wrote: »
    Zeta Kru lead FO team can solo rancor..... No need to waste one on Vader lead for that purpose....

Check OP's roster. No executioner. Only 3* officer. I believe he will take his Tarking, Thrawn and TFP to 7* before being able to solo with FO.
  • Options
    Given you're still developing as a player, I'm going to suggest the heresy of saying zeta nobody for now.

Right now your squads are a mess of characters from different factions and not working as cohesive units yet; that's ok. Develop a few squads and get to know their strengths and then decide where your now accumulated zetas will give you the most bang. I had 2 zetas and growing a couple weeks ago, simply because I wanted to see how different teams were developing before I committed to a specific path.

There is nothing wrong with choosing your favorite toon over the most popular meta of the week. It's a game, and your enjoyment comes from your connections to the characters as much as your dominance in the various battles.

Make it fun.