Really... of all the Characters needed in SWGOH... another Chewbacca

Wolfsdragoon73
3 posts Member
edited November 2023
Okay... just going to say this. I love Han and Chewy, but this is getting silly. It's actually making me start to hate the site of Chewbacca. Let's recap, Clone Wars Era Chewbacca, Vanador Chewbacca, Veteran Chewbacca, Constipated Chewbacca, Christmas Special Chewbacca, Drunk Chewbacca, Hairless Chewbacca, Broken Arm Chewbacca (from TFA.) Okay, I might have exaggerated a little there. But, we need another Chewbacca like we need a whole squad of Ugnaut variants, a Legendary Rose Tico event, or another in-game currency. Give it a break people... move on... there is so much more to explore in the SWU. How about a Maz character that functions like a Hoda and buffs Resistance? Even though I hate TLJ, at least give us a squad of Snoke's guards... since their each unique and have a different mechanic. How about Hammerhead or Wolfman? How about a Bib Fortuna or a Jabba?
Invader Zim
Sigma Deathwatch
Rivals? We Ain't Got None!
Post edited by EA_Solaire on

Replies

• Options
    Folks have been asking for OT Chewie since launch. And they did just give us a whole bunch of fun new characters from KOTOR and the bounty hunter faction.

It's one character. Let the folks that wanted him enjoy it.
  • AstralKnight
    42 posts Member
    edited September 2018
    Options
    It’s so dumb how there was CW Chewie, Vandor Chewie, AND Veteran Smuggler Chewie; Yet no EP IV Chewie
  • Options
    It’s so dumb how there was CW Chewie, Vandor Chewie, AND Veteran Smuggler Chewie; Yet no EP VII Chewie

I think veteran smuggler Chewbacca IS episode VII Chewbacca.
  • Options
    Okay... just going to say this. I love Han and Chewy, but this is getting silly. It's actually making me start to hate the site of Chewbacca. Let's recap, Clone Wars Era Chewbacca, Vanador Chewbacca, Veteran Chewbacca, Constipated Chewbacca, Christmas Special Chewbacca, Drunk Chewbacca, Hairless Chewbacca, Broken Arm Chewbacca (from TFA.) Okay, I might have exaggerated a little there. But, we need another Chewbacca like we need a whole squad of Ugnaut variants, a Legendary Rose Tico event, or another in-game currency. Give it a break people... move on... there is so much more to explore in the SWU. How about a Maz character that functions like a Hoda and buffs Resistance? Even though I hate TLJ, at least give us a squad of Snoke's guards... since their each unique and have a different mechanic. How about Hammerhead or Wolfman? How about a Bib Fortuna or a Jabba?

In what universe would Jabba be a good idea for SWGOH? I’m thinking more along the lines of FLAMETROOPER!!!!!!
  • AstralKnight
    42 posts Member
    edited September 2018
    Options
    It’s so dumb how there was CW Chewie, Vandor Chewie, AND Veteran Smuggler Chewie; Yet no EP VII Chewie

Wat u talkin bout?
  • Options

I do agree just a bit, tho... SRSLY EA?! Y NO REVAN!?!?!
  • Options

Wat u talkin bout?

Veteran smuggler Chewbacca is from episode VII, The Force Awakens. Same with veteran smuggler Han.
  • Options
    Now we can have a squad of all wookies! XD (chewie, cw chewie, van chewie, vet chewie, and Zaal)
  • Options
    Tryxa wrote: »
    Now we can have a squad of all wookies! XD (chewie, cw chewie, van chewie, vet chewie, and Zaal)

Who would win: Them, or the all Han squad? (raid han, cap han, st han, vet han, young han)
  • Options
    Let ppl like him have their day, you will get yours eventually.
  • Options
    The game does not have Rebel Chewbacca.

People complain.

The game gets Rebel Chewbacca.

People complain.

Yup. It's the SW:GoH forums.
    Still not a he.
  • Options

In what universe would Jabba be a good idea for SWGOH? I’m thinking more along the lines of FLAMETROOPER!!!!!!

I hear you, but honestly, he could be a legendary like a HODA for Scoundrels or Bounty Hunters. I think you could do some awesome stuff with him. But hey, to each his own.
    Invader Zim
    Sigma Deathwatch
    Rivals? We Ain't Got None!
  • Options

I do agree just a bit, tho... SRSLY EA?! Y NO REVAN!?!?!

Honestly, i think everyone will be happy this event wasnt revan. Depending on how they handle his release, it could be a handful of atypical character requirements plus a lot of the new characters that most people are still farming.

And it's totally just my opinion/crazy theory, but since there's been so much talk about when revan is coming, whether he's light side/dark side, and so much development of characters that fit the timeline, i think they're gonna launch simultaneous events... 1 for a light side revan and 1 for dark side... double the character requirements
  • Options
    I think they should throw in Dr Evazan and Ponda Baba as scoundrels& smugglers with excellent synergy. They were in the movie for 30 seconds and Rogue One for 5 seconds.

I'm casting my vote for them.
  • Options
    What came after R2?

What possibly, maybe even probably could be coming after OT Chewie?

Maybe, just maybe there’s a plan in place.
  • Options
    Srsly tho. Y isn’t Flametrooper in Swgoh yet?
  • AstralKnight
    42 posts Member
    edited September 2018
    Options
    Maybe his basic could inflict damage over time and his special could inflict burning.
    Post edited by AstralKnight on
  • Options
    It's a generic mook that had a few seconds of screen time.

We are not in want of generic mooks.
    Still not a he.
  • Options
    Normally id agree but am happy to see OT chewy since we might get an OT falcon
  • Options
    Srsly tho. Y isn’t Flametrooper in Swgoh yet?
    Maybe his basic could inflict damage over time and his special could inflict burning.

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/182864/flametrooper-suggested/p1?new=1
  • Options
    Right after they add Nien Nunb so we have the second pilot.
    Still not a he.
  • Options
    YaeVizsla wrote: »
    Right after they add Nien Nunb so we have the second pilot.

but it'd be OT Chewie and Raid Han, they are the iconic pilots of the Falcon.
  • Options
    WHERE IS LOWBACCA?!
  • Options
    Everytime ppl see the char he's not really like being released, these threads comes up.
    Why not just let ppl like him have their day?
  • Options

Part of the issue is this "differing versions" of characters/ships - some of which are literally from the same movie (how exactly is Raid Han NOT from the same movie as either Stormtrooper Han (Episode IV) or Captain Han (Episode V)?) Or worse, why don't they just name them by movie? That way they can release 9 versions of R2.

People wouldn't be "clamoring" for OT Chewie or OT Falcon if they had released Chewbacca and he could pilot the Falcon.

It's simply CG/EA goofy methodology to create false scarcity and an unlimited amount of "new" characters...even though we have 3-4 of the same characters.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • JuliusSkywalker
    509 posts Member
    edited September 2018
    Options
    I think OT Chewbacca is a must in SWGoH including C-3PO (with tags: Galactic Republic, Rebels, Resistance, Support and Droid like R2-D2's).

For more charaters & ships look here:
    https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/182915/megathread-collected-ideas-for-characters-ships/p1
  • Options
    Nikoms565 wrote: »
    It's simply CG/EA goofy methodology to create false scarcity and an unlimited amount of "new" characters...even though we have 3-4 of the same characters.
    Assuming everything is evil corporate greed will seldom give you a clear picture of things.

The game is designed by game designers. The question of what tags do you give someone is a legitimate one. There needs to be a clear baseline answer. Having an answer is more important than what the answer is. Leaving it nebulous leads to too much arguing in and out of house.

They did not choose episode model. They did not choose eternal model. They chose the snapshot model, and it solves a bunch of design problems like having to go back and give Han the Empire and Imperial Trooper Tags when Solo came out and his backstory was revealed. And once that standard is established, you can have specific cases where you fudge your own rules, like R2.

Characters change. Pick a single unified representation of a character and you can leave out a huge and important other aspect of that character elsewhere in the timeline. Such as perhaps the least objectionable alts, General Kenobi and Old Ben. Pick one or the other as the unified Obi Wan Kenobi depiction and you're leaving out something important. You can say they took it too far in the specific case of Han and Chewie, but the underlying decision is fine.

And it's not like they'd ever be at risk of running out of characters. There are current product lines they haven't even tapped yet. They can put out the characters just fine for the life of the game and still something will be left out when the servers shut down.
    Still not a he.
This discussion has been closed.