The GW matchmaking bug isn't fixed

Puglio
161 posts Member
Yes, I have restarted GW since the update, which actually doesn't claim the bug is fixed. And they've refused to say whether fixing it is a priority. Or more accurately, refused to allow im-not-really-a-jedi to say.

I'm looking at a 7* level 70 epic gear group on node 8 right now. I am also 7* and epic gear, but only level 60.

Normally I run into a group that is like that, but only level ~65, and it's on or around node 12. So this is definitely wrong.

And before anyone smugly says it's supposed to be hard: We know. There was (and apparently still is) a bug, confirmed by the developers, that caused these wildly too powerful squads to show up in GW. It is supposed to be hard, but not this hard.

Replies

• Zephon
    122 posts Member
    Options
    Luck of the draw. Had the same one the last few days. Today, it was smooth sailing. Though yes, it does suck when you're faced with 7* lvl 70 x 5 and you just have 200 green crystals to show.
  • JoshG
    908 posts Member
    Options
    So because you didn't win GW you assume it is broken?? lol....
  • Options
    JoshG wrote: »

So by not reading that multiple users have reported the same bug your going to make a **** comment?

Let me kindly explain this since you have a hard time reading what the issue is plaguing a lot of players.

It's not that he or anyone didn't win it's that in the matchmaking there's an error that sends a overpowered team against you that you cannot beat.

And by cannot beat I mean its not that you chose the wrong attack the wrong buff or debuff, but that there is no way to beat that team.

• Options
    +1
  • scuba
    14064 posts Member
    Options
    Did you post in the bug section?
  • JoshG
    908 posts Member
    Options

So by not reading that multiple users have reported the same bug your going to make a **** comment?

Let me kindly explain this since you have a hard time reading what the issue is plaguing a lot of players.

It's not that he or anyone didn't win it's that in the matchmaking there's an error that sends a overpowered team against you that you cannot beat.

And by cannot beat I mean its not that you chose the wrong attack the wrong buff or debuff, but that there is no way to beat that team.

I seem to recall EA saying that "GW isn't intended to be completed every day." Yet as soon as someone fails, here they come to cry.
  • Options
    Need a new Feedback category, let's name it with exclamations and all "I didn't win today!!!!". It's a recurring bug that needs quick attention
  • Options
    Ignore the trolls.
  • scuba
    14064 posts Member
    Options
    I just find it funny that someone expects a fix by complaining in the General discussion. As EA has stated all feedback should go in the feedback section, this to me states EA will overall ignore everything in the General discussion section, which they pretty much do.
  • Options
    I'm lvl 70 with 5 lvl68 char, only 3 are 7* and 2 6* but all buff up.
    I had win almost 20 days in row. Today i've finished it in 30min min smoothly. The other days in 45 to 60min with retreats.
    When I was in the top50 in arena, it was hard to ascend the 11the fight in GW, now i am top150 in arena, and I've been clearing GW every day.
    Before the update i've face various LVL70 teams nod 3,6,8. Today i've only faced lvl 52 to Lvl68 teams...
  • Mo_liza
    786 posts Member
    Options

Level up and get some heroes to win.
  • KaZBountY
    11 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    before i reached lvl70, i had cleared only 2 GW and i wasn't using the retreat option. i Lvl up, geared up, *up my toons, got 12 purple lvl68 toons, and use 5-7 per day in GW, since i cleared it every day, and it got really easier since the update. I think GW is to be challenging, and make you work to lvl up and grow your pool
  • Options
    For those complaining about how easy it is...since a level 60 faces a level 70, why not make it so a level 70 can face a level 80? Would that make the cocky 70s happier?
  • Greg1920
    1777 posts Member
    Options
    Plus 10 is fair. It's a challenge but not impossible. Plus 10 will lead to some battles you can't win because of poor cool downs or health going in or the other team combo.

I think if you are completing 50% you shouldn't complain.
  • Options
    Moved to Bugs and issues.. Because.. Well you know, Bugs and issue. :|
  • Options
    I've never complained to loose 20 toon in a fight and not finishing once GW when i was under LVL65. I waited and farmed my toons to fight an another day.
  • Options
    I hate the variance in GW now. I go from level 58 to 70 to 60 to 70 and back to some lower number. It's so weird. I wish it would just go from easy to hard instead of peaking at node 9.
  • Options
    Yeah, still not fixed. I am rank 89 in the Arena, and still am not able to complete GW. Is there a correlation between the two? My arena power lvl is 26,291. I have 32 characters. I can't complete galactic war. Its not just the number of consecutive battles I face with teams near or above mine, its the complete and ridiculous nature of the ai. They simply get more attacks and stuns. I just want a confirmation that this is the new normal in GW.
  • Options
    When i was under rank 50 with a 25K team it was hard to end GW. Now i rank under 150 and got easier on GW.
  • Captainrrl
    358 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    Alright, I finally won a campaign. It took 30 characters and I was left with three. Han Solo saved me a bunch. The AI got off so many first attacks, that his attributes helped. I had the two jedi healers in the lineup. When the AI attacked JC right away and knocked him out I retreated. I'd put Luminera as leader for the jedi evasion attributes. This saved my JC. When the emporer was the AI team leader, I'd insert Luke or Han as leader. If the emporer was going all crazy with first attacks when Phasma was the leader, I'd insert Han as leader. I experimented with three healers, I didn't fare well. I tried two attackers, two healers, and one tank, and this was so so effective. When I switched to two tanks, two healers, and one attacker, I did the best. So the last half I used for my team Han, Luke, Fives, JC and Luminera. All are maxed out and four at gear level 8 with Luke at gear level 7. I finished, but barely. If anyone else can add what worked for them I would appreciate it.

One other note, I did better with a tank in the fourth position. I also didn't waste force pushes on the emporer. May the Force be with you.

EDIT: Fives and JC are only six star. But both are gear level 8.
  • Options
    Sidious 7*lead, Lumi 7*, Luke 7*, JC 6* and Poe 6* plus QGJ 5* and Koth 5* all lvl68 and gear8
  • Options
    I got my JC is 7star and then, i started only feeling pain in GW. Getting only LVL70 team from nod 7/8 to nod 12. Now i can't pass nod 12. So now i am having hard time with GW.