How to make Galactic War enjoyable

Galactic War essentially has one major problem: it is too repetitive. When I face a team without Sidious, I am usually so pleasantly surprised that I don't care if I lose the battle. The current opposing team system is too boring.

In response, have the opponents be randomly generated from the whole character roster with each individual character usable only once. While an algorithm for creating opponents would need to be created, it would yield a more entertaining event.

Also the map could use some reworking. It looks like the missions are in sets of 3 with prizes going in silver>gold>purple order. Players do the s>g>p 4 times then are done. How about instead of beating those missions in a long chain, you break up the missions into 4 seperate chains of three missions. Then you have players commit different characters to each chain. It would be like sending forces to different planets. Each chain could utilize a scene theme and make the whole thing more interesting, not to mention that if there is a catastrophic loss in one chain, the remaining 3 are playable.

Also, there could be a bonus mission after the 4 chains are complete where players can use any surviving characters.

Replies

• Options
    Take it away from the developers at CG/EA and make it open source is the only way GW is going to get any better.
  • ventsel
    56 posts Member
    Options
    A whale here I feel. Remind you that not everybody has 20 fully developed characters to assign to 4 chains, I want. Not plausible, this idea is.
  • Options
    A tiny dolphin... at best. ;) Mainly, I have just been playing carefully since December. If you would have leveled many characters evenly, you would have lots of GW options. I personally chose to stall my character leveling at 60 and forego level capping my characters while I brought several teams to 60 first. I think a lot of people rush their arena team to 70 at the exclusion of all the other characters. That's why we see so little variance in team composition. This is partially EA's fault for rushing the level cap increase.

You are also assuming that all the GW chains would be all max level; however, there could be chains that are lvl 40, 50 or 60 that would give players a chance to use their lower level characters for something other other than opening move cannon fodder.

Remember, GW starts at lvl 40; it is a player's choice whether they want to chase elusive, upper rank arena rewards or the much more obtainable GW caches, which by developer desciption require a large base of characters.

-Everything is true from a certain point of veiw.