Building a top 5 aoe arena team

Higher
165 posts Member
Hey guys,

I know that speed trumps all and whatnot but I want to deviate away from this and put together a competitive aoe team. Here is what I'm thinking

Phasma lead
Kylo
Poggle
ST Han
And magma trooper? Not sure exactly but I would prefer someone abit tankier that can dish out some good aoe who is farmable.

Or I could sub in 5s as the last guy so that everyone on the team is real tanky

Thoughts?

Replies

• DrewN76
    566 posts Member
    Options
    I would swap for fives but I love fives.

My opinion on aoe team is

Sid
    Jawa
    Dathcha
    Poe
    Poggle.

But that's me.
  • Higher
    165 posts Member
    Options
    3 of them are pretty squishy I feel that they wouldn't be able to take any hits before their turn goes
  • BrobiWanKenobi
    277 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    The best true AoE team you could build would look like:
    Sidious (L)
    Royal Guard
    Lando
    IG-88
    Rey/Poggle

Royal Guard's new passive taunt ability is the only way you can guarantee at least 2 of your AoE's will go off. IG-88 and Lando are best true AoE chars in the game and Sidious synergizes with them very well. If you are on a ladder dominated by high speed squads like mine then Rey is the best option for slot 5 as her and Sidious can get a turn in before just about anyone. If you were inclined to use Poggle, ideally the turn order would be Sidious-Poggle-IG-88-Lando, resulting in some devastating AoE damage. All of these characters are very easily farmable with the exception of Royal Guard and Rey (Geonosian Soldier would be an easy-to-farm alternative for her slot). I'm working toward this squad myself and excited to see how it plays out in arena.
  • Triqui
    2790 posts Member
    Options
    Higher wrote: »
    Hey guys,

I know that speed trumps all and whatnot but I want to deviate away from this and put together a competitive aoe team. Here is what I'm thinking

Phasma lead
    Kylo
    Poggle
    ST Han
    And magma trooper? Not sure exactly but I would prefer someone abit tankier that can dish out some good aoe who is farmable.

Or I could sub in 5s as the last guy so that everyone on the team is real tanky

Thoughts?

There is not enough AOE there to kill anyone. Kylo base AOE damage is 2200. Phasma is 1300. MagmaTrooper is 2100. That adds 5600 damage, not counting armor. Even with Poggle's buff, you are short in AOE. I would remove Han for another AOE, probably Sid and make him leader.

• Mazurka
    961 posts Member
    Options
    Brobiwon's team looks scary as hell. Really need to start farming Royal guard f me
  • fberbert
    593 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    My suggestion (thinking on replace Phasma by Han):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7LC5ekfTaHA
    Mestre Fábio - My YouTube Channel - My SwGOH profile - Brazilian player? Come to play with us, AAT heroic, contact me