Sion, to taunt or not to taunt?

Am i missing something? Many times, opponents with pain ignored Sion. I'm not talking about Fett or other chars that ignore all taunts and not when Sion had the triangle debuff. For example, just now, in the sith raid...Nihilus had pain, attacked Sion and on his second run, still with pain, took out my Palp...

So...what am I missing?

Replies

• Options
    Raid bosses do not follow the rules of playable characters of the same name nor have similar abilities or limitations.
  • HK666
    1263 posts Member
    Options
    Raid DN dispelled Sions taunt with his basic, and used his bonus turn to smack Palp

got any other examples? Usually sion's taunt will fail because buff immunity or shock
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    If you are talking about the raid DN, it may just be a visual thing with the multi turn, it expired after the turn, but visually didnt remove for the "bonus turn". But this is just speculation
  • Options
    HK666 wrote: »
    Raid DN dispelled Sions taunt with his basic, and used his bonus turn to smack Palp

got any other examples? Usually sion's taunt will fail because buff immunity or shock

But it shouldn't work like that for Raid DN. As long as he got pain, the taunt stays on for every turn. And he does 2 separate turns, not on made of two moves. Sion's mechanic is that he gains taunt at the begining of the opponents turn, as long as the opponent has pain so dispel is irelevant.

It did the same with UKR, he had pain but ignored the taunt, even tho Sion had no debuffs...and many other times with many other chars
  • BitterDevil
    76 posts Member
    edited September 2018
    Options
    Kyno wrote: »
    If you are talking about the raid DN, it may just be a visual thing with the multi turn, it expired after the turn, but visually didnt remove for the "bonus turn". But this is just speculation

Sorry...a "visual thing" when a debuff doesn't disapear? Then how can i actually play if i have no clue if a character is affected or not by a debuff?

Are you saying that this is a thing? That this problem exists in the game? Debuffs not dissapearing when their time runs out? Cause if it is...it's a huge problem.
  • JohnAran
    312 posts Member
    edited September 2018
    Options

But it shouldn't work like that for Raid DN. As long as he got pain, the taunt stays on for every turn. And he does 2 separate turns, not on made of two moves. Sion's mechanic is that he gains taunt at the begining of the opponents turn, as long as the opponent has pain so dispel is irelevant.

It did the same with UKR, he had pain but ignored the taunt, even tho Sion had no debuffs...and many other times with many other chars

If he was taking 2 separate turns the enrage countdown would decrease by two everytime he plays. He has 2 actions per turn (50% chance of a third in heroic). 2 turns debuffs would also expire everytime he plays, etc. He would actually be able to use annihilate even when still 1 cooldown at the beginning of the turn, which he can only do actually when he actively reduces cooldown with his 1st action.
  • Options

I can't speak for your KRU example but in your nihilus example he's not taking two separate turns, he is indeed taking one turn made of two (or potentially three in heroic) moves.
    https://swgoh.gg/u/ionastarbound/
    Discord: Iona Starbound#5299
  • HK666
    1263 posts Member
    Options
    I seemed to have worded my first response poorly. Bonus action, not bonus turn. The first move dispels taunt, the second is free to hit whomever. It's the same turn, so taunt doesn't come back

As for KRU and the other toons, you'll need to provide some sort of video. Cuz as far as I know KRU has nothing to shake the taunt.
  • Options
    then the mechanics are stupid! how can he have both one turn and 2 turns? when he is debuffed, it registers as 2 turns...but he can take 2 actions inside the Sion mechanic? (it's the only way to ignore it, if his 2 actions count as only one turn by dispelling Sion's taunt)...and u'r trying to tell me that that makes sense? To make it more simply, Ezra Bridger has a bonus action...that doesn't make the buff/debuff counter, register as 2 turns...

And for the "provide some video"...that's...IDK. The idea that I have to provide evidence for my claims is offensive at best. When they claim that their RNG is fair, they do not provide any proof...but if i find a random bug, i have to provide proof?
  • HK666
    1263 posts Member
    Options
    At least with raid DN. There is no bug. He gets to pick t2o attacks and targets within the same turn. He has one turn, two actions. Most characters have one turn, one action (Vets are an exception, as is Embo). He always takes one turn. First action strips taunt, second action is whatever on whoever. It is one turn with a second action. Ezra has simply attacks again, as does Raid Han. All of these are one turn. Sion doesn't regain his taunt because DN isn't taking another turn, he's just moving again. DN always takes one turn at a time (but two actions!)

You have to provide proof because everything appears to be in order. You claim KRU and other toons have had the same issue, yet you have not described the scenario. Most people who claim to have found a bug are simply missing a part of a characters abilities.
  • Options
    The only thing I can see is KRU countering which seems to ignore taunt and hits that target he counters. With the ability Shock it disables Sion from getting his "taunt buff" even when other characters have Pain applied. I have been having trouble with it also and looked up a few abilities to figure out why.
  • HK666
    1263 posts Member
    Options
    When KRU counters and doesn't hit Sion, the taunt isn't being ignored. The taunt starts during an enemy turn and expires during that same turn- Sion's not taunting so he wouldn't get hit