Do you think Chewie will “require” Bossk, Embo, Aurra, or Jango?

2Next

Replies

• Maxminus1980
    78 posts Member
    edited September 2018
    I’m going with mythic lvl difficulty anything less will be a welcome surprise

I’m talking about the stages where each character takes three turns before you get one.

Yea five star will be no problem. Six and seven ... dark times

So 7* g12+ fully zetad with god mods and really great rng just to have a chance right? If the legendary event is the mystic, what will they do for the actual mystic event?

Mythic plus ? It’s when the other team takes four turns before you get one.
  • Xezee wrote: »
    No other legendary has 'required' any specific toon inside the faction. thrawn was doable without chopper albeit harder and higher gear did help. Obviously newer better BH will make the event easier but I'd be surprised if the event isn't beatable with the OG BHs

No other legendary was released as of late. State of the game is now much different than it was before R2D2 and Thrawn who both marked a change in game design philosophy. Pretty much every character released since then has either specific, good synergy or a very complex ability kit.
    Also no legendary saw multiple marquees released a few weeks prior.
    According to Game Changers, Chewbacca will be meta-defining. CG will allow no average player to jump the bandwagon without the whales having their time for a couple of months first.

Only legendary Released that was more or less impossible for f2p to get the first time around was thrawn as the Phoenix was released just prior. Any other legendary, bb8 included could have been gotten f2p if you were smart enough or lucky enough to farm the toons.

Your reasoning of ignoring all pst legendaries and some vague 'game philosophy change'? seems nonsensical to me.

And many toons have been released recently with very simple kits like Marauder and Range trooper
  • Globuhl
    751 posts Member
    edited September 2018
    Now that I've seen Chewie's kit I'm pretty sure bounty hunter's resolve will'be key so Jango will help tremendously, if you don't have him just like me, cross fingers for the initial onslaught to focus on Boba. Somebody's gonna die anyway as I totally expect Chewie and raid Han to pair up in the last wave of each fight. Imagine a final face-off against CLS, raid Han, Chewie, ROLO and R2-D2... That would hurt a lot.
  • Spang wrote: »
    My opinion is that the event might be doable with G12ish old BH, but if you have one or more of the new BH, you may succeed with lower gear level (perhaps G10+).

That was my thought
  • First of all, I am amused at how many people completely ignored the actual question in the OP and made some smart allecky comment about it being faction based.

Secondly, I really wish CG would just tell us what the recommendation is. Can't really understand the point of not telling us ahead of time.

But, more to the point, I think it will be slightly harder than Thrawn, which was tuned to g10 and decent mods. Expect to spend hours praying for RNG if you try with less, even if you have the new BH. But I suspect properly geared and modded OG BH will be just fine.
  • How come there isn't a Chewbacca Event subforum in the Individual Events forum yet?

There seem to be a lot of these threads that would be perfect for that part of the site.
  • Noone remember Thrawn? We needed 5 Phoenix (all knew), the most difficult to get was Sabine, so people was going for the others Phoenix. Once the event started, they FORCED for Sabine while it ougth to be any phoenix. Then they fixed it changing the event text saying that you must have Sabine and all fixed. Money wasted on other characters was the player's problem (as said by EA support team, no refund, no cristals, nothing)..

Do you expect to be different this time?? JAH! I wouldn't expect much seeing how it worked the last years and the broken promises made till now :D Be hope the for the best and be prepared for the worst whales scenario, you're talking about EA and SWGOH :)

BTW i hope i'm wrong but..
  • iluro wrote: »
    Noone remember Thrawn? We needed 5 Phoenix (all knew), the most difficult to get was Sabine, so people was going for the others Phoenix. Once the event started, they FORCED for Sabine while it ougth to be any phoenix. Then they fixed it changing the event text saying that you must have Sabine and all fixed. Money wasted on other characters was the player's problem (as said by EA support team, no refund, no cristals, nothing)..

Sabine wasn't forced for the Thrawn event, it was one of those flash events leading up to it.
  • iluro wrote: »
    Noone remember Thrawn? We needed 5 Phoenix (all knew), the most difficult to get was Sabine, so people was going for the others Phoenix. Once the event started, they FORCED for Sabine while it ougth to be any phoenix. Then they fixed it changing the event text saying that you must have Sabine and all fixed. Money wasted on other characters was the player's problem (as said by EA support team, no refund, no cristals, nothing)..

Do you expect to be different this time?? JAH! I wouldn't expect much seeing how it worked the last years and the broken promises made till now :D Be hope the for the best and be prepared for the worst whales scenario, you're talking about EA and SWGOH :)

When was sabine ever a requirement?
  • CCyrilS wrote: »
    iluro wrote: »

When was sabine ever a requirement?

She wasn't. He is mistaking the Thrawn event with the Flash Events.
  • Im thinking G11 w/ good solid & smart modding should be able to get the older BHs through the event. They said it would be hard, mythic tier is probably gonna require the newer BHs at like G12 when that's eventually made. As for now I'd think that a zeta'd bossk at 7* should be able to carry some g9/g10 teams through, even more so if you're running Jango's lead, but again those are both going to be very hard for f2p to get to 7* (I do know some f2p that are close to a 7* bossk, but they're still not there yet. Jango on the other hand won't be an option for f2p).

Most legendary events in the past only really needed g8/g9 with decent mods to get through them, the BH combat missions really don't need anything much in terms of gear either. Pretty easy to beat all of them with a couple g11/g10 and the rest at g9/g8 after their reworks. I think they want these to be harder than just needing to beat a CM amount of gear, but still attainable by most of the high end player base.

The BHs don't need to be 7* for their phase 5 CM, and you can use a 3* g11 bossk to carry a team through a harder tier of the galactic bounties event than would be possible if you only had the older ones at high gear.
  • I suspect that if you don't have one of the newer BHs (esp Bossk) or don't have the older ones geared up enough then it'll be one of those "play the RNG" games for the entire week. The nice thing about legendaries is that they last for a week, so you have time to play around with mods, squad combos, and continue gearing/farming.

I would imagine 5* would be doable by anyone with the OG BHs geared up enough to do the IPD bounty. For 7* I'd expect you'd need to be able to beat the wampa bounty. However, you have an entire week to do it, and an entire forum full of people that'll post strategies, so for those that are almost there it'll come down to how much patience they have.

I have really bad memories of the thrawn event with g8 phoenix, but luckily I've got all the older BHs at 7*, g11 or higher, and some pretty awesome mods to play with this time.
    xSWCr - Nov '15 shard - swgoh.gg kalidor-m
  • All previous legendaries didn't require a fully maxed-out team. My guess is they will squeeze some gear out of everyone who does not have Bossk & Co, though.
  • Vertigo wrote: »
    Im thinking G11 w/ good solid & smart modding should be able to get the older BHs through the event. They said it would be hard, mythic tier is probably gonna require the newer BHs at like G12 when that's eventually made. As for now I'd think that a zeta'd bossk at 7* should be able to carry some g9/g10 teams through, even more so if you're running Jango's lead, but again those are both going to be very hard for f2p to get to 7* (I do know some f2p that are close to a 7* bossk, but they're still not there yet. Jango on the other hand won't be an option for f2p).

Most legendary events in the past only really needed g8/g9 with decent mods to get through them, the BH combat missions really don't need anything much in terms of gear either. Pretty easy to beat all of them with a couple g11/g10 and the rest at g9/g8 after their reworks. I think they want these to be harder than just needing to beat a CM amount of gear, but still attainable by most of the high end player base.

The BHs don't need to be 7* for their phase 5 CM, and you can use a 3* g11 bossk to carry a team through a harder tier of the galactic bounties event than would be possible if you only had the older ones at high gear.

agreed. I'm also hoping that they are keeping in mind that this is following both Marquee event fatigue and months of sith raid frusteration. Making it possible for veteran players to obtain 7* chewie with OG BH geared g10/11 + decent mods will go a long way to earning good will. Setting it where you need OG BH toons at g12+ or Bossk/Jango/etc at g9 with zeta leadership will only murder whatever goodwill they might generate from the long overdue sith raid changes.
  • So 7* g12+ fully zetad with god mods and really great rng just to have a chance right? If the legendary event is the mystic, what will they do for the actual mystic event?

Wont matter. You wont use BHs. Youll have to use Chewie and Rebels most likely against their BHs.

~D
  • Xezee wrote: »
    No other legendary has 'required' any specific toon inside the faction. thrawn was doable without chopper albeit harder and higher gear did help. Obviously newer better BH will make the event easier but I'd be surprised if the event isn't beatable with the OG BHs

No other legendary was released as of late. State of the game is now much different than it was before R2D2 and Thrawn who both marked a change in game design philosophy. Pretty much every character released since then has either specific, good synergy or a very complex ability kit.
    Also no legendary saw multiple marquees released a few weeks prior.
    According to Game Changers, Chewbacca will be meta-defining. CG will allow no average player to jump the bandwagon without the whales having their time for a couple of months first.

Only legendary Released that was more or less impossible for f2p to get the first time around was thrawn as the Phoenix was released just prior. Any other legendary, bb8 included could have been gotten f2p if you were smart enough or lucky enough to farm the toons.

Your reasoning of ignoring all pst legendaries and some vague 'game philosophy change'? seems nonsensical to me.

And many toons have been released recently with very simple kits like Marauder and Range trooper

Considering how forums look atm, I think game philosophy indeed changed since past legendary events, eh? :)
  • I know they probably wont make it a required character, but what are the chances they mame the event so difficult that one of the panic farm toons is essentially required. I have 6 7* bounty hunters but im 140 shards off having Bossk 7*. I want Chewie so bad because I am sick of being forced into Dark Side teams, its about time the pendulum swung, Ive got 12k crystals saved up and will get Bossk if hes necessary but I really hope not.

Their MO since JTR has been to introduce characters like the Vet Smugglers shortly before events purely for the purpose of paywalling the event.

It's a little too obvious to require them, and resulted in a lot of bad PR last time. But making an event that can only realistically be completed by the paywall characters due to their abilities is worse than requiring those characters. It's just more dishonest to the player base who prepares for the event thinking any 5 BH will do it. Not only do you effectively paywall the event, you mislead people into thinking they are prepared for an event when they aren't, in the hope of drawing out more panic spending.

This is as craven as anything we have seen, IMO. And I'm sure he will be required for jedi luke (lol... bossk and aura and whomever being required to eventually get Jedi Luke, who had no connection with them)

I'm guessing we'll see something equally contemptuous with Revan soon, since we're now in the brief period before an event where the needed characters are farmable.
This discussion has been closed.