Weakest toon

With the new chewy coming out I think it would be nice to get an official statement of what the weakest toon truly means. I think I remember a post about this a while back, stating it was the the combination of just health and protection. Is this the case here just the lowest health+protection

Replies

• Options
    Yes, the weakest character is the one with the lowest combined health and protection.
  • Options
    We'll have to wait to find out.

Traya picks who to isolate based on only their health from what I've read, so it's not set in stone what that means anywhere as far as I am aware.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    Woodroward wrote: »

Traya picks who to isolate based on only their health from what I've read, so it's not set in stone what that means anywhere as far as I am aware.

I'm not sure I understand your point.

This it true.
    Yes, the weakest character is the one with the lowest combined health and protection.

• Options
    Kyno wrote: »

This it true.

R2 picks who to smokescreen based on the most health and protection.
    Traya picks who to isolate based only on their health.

This type of thing is not consistent across abilities, we'll have to wait to find out.
  • Options
    Would it be han and the weakest ally that isn’t han? Because hans almost always going to be weakest, right?
  • Options
    Would it be han and the weakest ally that isn’t han? Because hans almost always going to be weakest, right?

Yes, Han plus whoever left that is weakest, not including Han and not including Chewie (who is unlikely to be the weakest, but still).

• Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    edited September 2018
    Options

This it true.

This type of thing is not consistent across abilities, we'll have to wait to find out.

That doesn't change what the weakest toon is. it is the lowest of sum of both health and protection.

who the AI will target is irrelevant in a kit like that, this is not an AI choice like the 2 situations you are describing. in this kit it will always "guard" the weakest, which is lowest sum of H and P. similar to "healthiest toon" flashing up at the beginning of the battle when using Hera. or the bounty hunter contract targets for BH
  • Options
    I thought weakest toon meant toon with lowest power
  • Options

This it true.

That doesn't change what the weakest toon is. it is the lowest of sum of both health and protection.

who the AI will target is irrelevant in a kit like that, this is not an AI choice like the 2 situations you are describing. in this kit it will always "guard" the weakest, which is lowest sum of H and P. similar to "healthiest toon" flashing up at the beginning of the battle when using Hera. or the bounty hunter contract targets for BH

It's scripting that makes the determination of such either way. I don't believe you are correct. I think you are making an assumption.

So I stick with what I said, we have examples of it being multiple ways, we will have to wait and see.
  • Options
    Weakest = lowest combined health and protection.

Run bossk as leader makes this really clear.
  • Options

This it true.

It's scripting that makes the determination of such either way. I don't believe you are correct. I think you are making an assumption.

So I stick with what I said, we have examples of it being multiple ways, we will have to wait and see.

I don’t understand what point you want to make.
    R2’s smokescreen doesn’t state a specific target, no one cares about how the ai chooses after that.
    Traya’s isolate doesn’t state a specific target, no one cares about how the ai chooses after that.

Hera’s expose states healthiest oponent, which is most health + protection
    Bossk’s contract states weakest oponent, which is least health + protection

There are no examples of it being multiple ways. If you can find an ability that says « target the weakest toon » where the weakest toon is not the toon with the least health + protection, then your point will be valid.
  • Options
    JohnAran wrote: »

This it true.

R2’s smokescreen doesn’t state a specific target, no one cares about how the ai chooses after that.
    Traya’s isolate doesn’t state a specific target, no one cares about how the ai chooses after that.

There are no examples of it being multiple ways. If you can find an ability that says « target the weakest toon » where the weakest toon is not the toon with the least health + protection, then your point will be valid.

You have that backwards.
    Traya targets the toon with lowest health. It doesnt matter if its ai or what it says, its an example of target the weakest that doesnt care about protection based on the characters script.

My point is entirely valid, this is an unknown.
  • Options

This it true.

I certainly do care who R2 and Traya target. I want R2 to be targeting my tank and I specifically mod for him to do so. I have less control over Traya, but it is good to know who she'll go after. I assume this is for PvP Traya and not Raid Traya.

That being said, the "weakest" descriptor in Chewie's ability almost certainly refers to lowest combined health+prot. That's usually (always?) what strongest/weakest means - highest and lowest health+prot.
  • Options
    The test account testing shows health + protection
  • Options

This it true.

You have that backwards.
    Traya targets the toon with lowest health. It doesnt matter if its ai or what it says, its an example of target the weakest that doesnt care about protection based on the characters script.

I think you mean traya targets the toon with the highest health. 95% of the time she isolates my nihilus (and if she doesn't it's because there's a taunting tank that prevents it)
  • Options

This it true.

You have that backwards.

What do i have backward ? I didn’t talk about how Traya chooses to use her isolate. Since there is no specific target stated in her ability’s description. So whoever she chooses to isolate has absolutely nothing to do with what « weakest toon » means since she her ability says nothing about any weakest toon.
    Known : Bossk’s contract says weakest toon, meaning hp+prot
    Known : Chewie’s guard says weakest toon
    Known : Traya’s isolate says nothing.
    There is no unknown.
  • Woodroward
    3749 posts Member
    edited September 2018
    Options

This it true.

You have that backwards.

What do i have backward ? I didn’t talk about how Traya chooses to use her isolate. Since there is no specific target stated in her ability’s description. So whoever she chooses to isolate has absolutely nothing to do with what « weakest toon » means since she her ability says nothing about any weakest toon.
    There is no unknown.

The reasons the AI chooses their target can be exactly the same as a description in an ability, we just don't get to see them. However, AI choices can be based on things like "weakest toon" which can be verified through testing and makes them also valid.

In other words, AI choices are just as valid examples as ability descriptions. What's backwards is that you think they aren't.

Your dismissal of my argument is not logical.
  • Options

This it true.

You have that backwards.

There is no unknown.

The reasons the AI chooses their target can be exactly the same as a description in an ability, we just don't get to see them. However, AI choices can be based on things like "weakest toon" which can be verified through testing and makes them also valid.

In other words, AI choices are just as valid examples as ability descriptions. What's backwards is that you think they aren't.

What is not logical is your assumption that Traya’s isolate targets a so-called (by you, the game says nothing) « weakest » toon that is the toon with lowest hp (which greengoblin says is not even true), therefore there are 2 definitions of « weakest » toon in the game.

There is only one definition of « weakest » toon in the game now. Bossk’s contract tells us that it’s lowest hp+prot.

Your conclusion is that since Traya’s targeting is different, two definitions exist and the game is inconsistent. I conclude that Traya’s isolate is not based on the « weakest » toon but on something else. Something like « least health » toon.
    You are the only one making assumptions here.

But I know you from other threads and I know nothing I could say would be heard so i’m going to stop there anyway. Have a nice day and see you around here :)
  • Woodroward
    3749 posts Member
    edited September 2018
    Options

This it true.

You have that backwards.

There is no unknown.

What is not logical is your assumption that Traya’s isolate targets a so-called (by you, the game says nothing) « weakest » toon that is the toon with lowest hp (which greengoblin says is not even true), therefore there are 2 definitions of « weakest » toon in the game.

There is only one definition of « weakest » toon in the game now. Bossk’s contract tells us that it’s lowest hp+prot.

Your conclusion is that since Traya’s targeting is different, two definitions exist and the game is inconsistent. I conclude that Traya’s isolate is not based on the « weakest » toon but on something else. Something like « least health » toon.
    You are the only one making assumptions here.

But I know you from other threads and I know nothing I could say would be heard so i’m going to stop there anyway. Have a nice day and see you around here :)

No, that's your strawman, not your logical argument. It basically comes down to: Unless it says weakest where I can read it, it doesn't mean that and doesn't count.

That is an illogical assumption.

But thanks for resorting to personal insults before you left this argument of logic.
  • Options

This it true.

You have that backwards.

I think you mean traya targets the toon with the highest health. 95% of the time she isolates my nihilus (and if she doesn't it's because there's a taunting tank that prevents it)
    Thanks for the correction.

This is a logical dismissal of my argument. I had this backwards, you are correct.
  • Options
    yes, the weakest toon is the weakest
    Maybe End Game isn't for you
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    @Woodroward

confirmed, lowest sum of Health + Protection.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    CG_SBCrumb wrote: »
    Hi folks,

I checked in with ParkingInstructor about a few of the other questions in this thread. Just to expedite his responses as he's busy designing cool stuff, here's what he told me:
    • Weakest Ally is determined by a combination of Health and Protection.
    • Han Solo is granted Guard in addition to the weakest ally. If Han Solo is the weakest ally then Guard will also be given to the second weakest ally
    • In general Dispel effects can be evaded (by Foresight for example). We need to update some of the older kits to be clear on the order of ability effects which use Dispel. Thanks for bringing this to our attention!

• Options
    Is the strongest toon decided by highest health + protection? Asking for logic, because words (and their meanings) are hard
  • Options
    Hmm, it can't be the strict sum of health and protection. My Thrawn has 70k total, CLS has 66k, but Thrawn is being selected as weakest. This is from actual gameplay with a 7* Chewie. Is there maybe some weighting?
  • Options
    Hmm, it can't be the strict sum of health and protection. My Thrawn has 70k total, CLS has 66k, but Thrawn is being selected as weakest. This is from actual gameplay with a 7* Chewie. Is there maybe some weighting?

are you perhaps using R2?
  • Options
    Ah, yep, that's it!! I double-checked CLS leader to make sure I wasn't missing something but forgot about the NC boost. Thanks a bunch!
  • Options
    Pretty sure the weakest toon isn't always lowest health and protection. For example: if mob enforcer or ugnaught is present
  • Options
    CUP :p