Hounds Tooth is overpowered

13Next

Replies

• Options
    Kokie wrote: »
    With all these counters to ht floating around there is one thing drastically overlooked.....while you are focused on neutering one ship the rest of my fleet is picking you off one at a time....there is a reason I stay top of my shard and only have to retake it a couple times a week and that is because ht is just that good. Correct fleet setup is crucial of course and as more players get 7* hounds it will even out eventually but till then ht will dominate

I don't exclusively focus on ht. As you said that would be foolish. My vader and tf are fast enough to go before all enemy htsvI face. I spread tl to the other two ships before the taunt goes up and then call fives in for an aoe that most of the time takes out at least one of the others.

Then I focus on ht when its 4 v 2 or 4 v 3 for the win. And by focus I mean use two or three attacks to kill it.

Fair enough...sounds like your ta and tf are well developed and it's good you are having success against ht.....on offense I would kill ta or tf on opening salvo but on defense obviously the AI may not do that lol...so yes good job finding a good counter and really the only point I'm trying to make is winning and holding become 100% easier with a maxed ht than without him...having said that, happy hunting!

I agree with you. I use a 4 star ht instead of biggs now as my 3rd. It absorbs dmg better, though the taunt takes a little longer to get off. And I am farming it to 7 star now. So I agree it is a good ship to use. Just not unbeatable.

And I take 1st about everyday unless the other guy that seems to have the same payout as me snipes me when I'm not paying attention or don't habe enough battles to take it back. Happened the other day and got 2nd. Wasn't worth 50 crystals to refresh and get 25.

Yeah not much difference between 1st and 2nd lol.....I also found sith assassin can be an effective ship against ht but mine isn't leveled enough to justify a spot in my lineup...haven't needed to worry about it yet. And I do use the same setup as you more or less when I do go after a ht but I use ahsoka as well

I could throw asoka in but usually don't feel the need. Tf and vader have enough dps to get the job done.
  • Options
    JKA ship destroys hound with ease.
  • Kokie
    1338 posts Member
    Options

Not so much really....I have a couple whales in my shard who tried using him and and they already gave up...it could be failure to understand mechanics on their part so if you have personal insight i would love to hear it....i whale on certain toons and ships but didn't see the need for him on my fleet but I love hearing people's success stories
  • Options

Not so much really....I have a couple whales in my shard who tried using him and and they already gave up...it could be failure to understand mechanics on their part so if you have personal insight i would love to hear it....i whale on certain toons and ships but didn't see the need for him on my fleet but I love hearing people's success stories

Proper mods on jka and ig2000. They are both faster ships than hound.

Jka applies buff immunity and heal immunity.

Ig2000 stuns hound if jka debuffs do not apply.

If hound was debuffed by jka then ig2000 stuns second target.

Your hound breaches their hound.

Hound is dead in 3 attacks.

Call B28 bomber

Attack with bomber aoe

In 2 turns all enemies dazed and jka aoe attack...

Drive home safely.

Doesnt hold great on D BUT you can auto button wins.
  • Kokie
    1338 posts Member
    Options

Call B28 bomber

Attack with bomber aoe

Drive home safely.

Sounds legit....as I said I haven't had the need to go whale mode on jka's ship so I have no idea of real fleet capability beyond the marquee event but sounds like a solid ship. Apparently nobody has found a way to crack my lineup yet as I have to attack higher ranked players for my daily achievement but only a matter of time....
  • Options
    Hounds tooth is free to play. Go get it and enjoy it :)
  • Options
    U need big hitters VS hounds tooth. The best would be POES ship
  • Options

Call B28 bomber

Attack with bomber aoe

Drive home safely.

So you have to whale on 4 ships to make that work?

Or does it work with all 3 star ships?

It just seems like a waste when ftp shios I already have 7 star handle it just fine.
  • Options
    Problem with relying on buff/heal block is he's got +50% tenacity when not taunting (assuming you're going first) and he cleanses on basic. Yeah he's a slow ship, but if a faster ship calls him for an assist bye bye debuffs. Not to mention if you're using Anakin's AoE to apply the debuffs you've just hit the other opponent ships and given HT a bunch of TM.
    Ally Code 766-465-766 swgoh.gg/u/trystansr/collection/
  • Dk_rek
    3299 posts Member
    Options

Call B28 bomber

Attack with bomber aoe

Drive home safely.

That's an awesome strategy (I mean it)
    I don't have 900 bucks to try it...but sometime next year (Augustish)
    I will give it a whirl :)

Honestly that does sound great...I guess my issue is by next August when I can try it the Enfys next ship won't be the issue it will be the Revanish fleets that OHKO's everyone before you take a turn fleet

I just miss the part of ships where if you put in the farm and effort to gear you were rewarded...Now it's just buy the ship that already comes with a G12 character and you rule ships... I get the whys and becauses

It is what it is.don't mean I can't miss being rewarded for putting in the work (now mostly worthless)

But the farming goes on...

Problem is the precident has been set...

bounty hunter fleets are sick with the defense down and retributions and stuns and stealth... so it's already crazy out there.... When OG falcon hits or whatever legendary ship hits....

If it's borderline impossible to beat someone now in a few months it's going to be ridiculous

I can live with it..but yeah don't mean I have to like it :)... me liking it not required lol :)

But yeah that's an impressive counter to HT... some people forget that while your trying to manage the HT they are pounding on you and you can't pound on them...

Setting up HT to be killed on round one or two is GREAT IMO as long as it's not 3Vs1 when you come out of it...(which has been the case for me...can't win 3v1 especially when his ultimate is coming first no matter what)

Still love ships even though losing more than winning is not fun :)
  • Dk_rek
    3299 posts Member
    Options
    Problem with relying on buff/heal block is he's got +50% tenacity when not taunting (assuming you're going first) and he cleanses on basic. Yeah he's a slow ship, but if a faster ship calls him for an assist bye bye debuffs. Not to mention if you're using Anakin's AoE to apply the debuffs you've just hit the other opponent ships and given HT a bunch of TM.

someone get's it :):):) that cleanse... call in wedge (cleanse) Anakin (cleanse)
    I guess as long as you don't lose vader early you have a chance :)
    I'm gonna have to start running him lol
  • Options
    Dk_rek wrote: »
    someone get's it :):):) that cleanse... call in wedge (cleanse) Anakin (cleanse)
    I guess as long as you don't lose vader early you have a chance :)
    I'm gonna have to start running him lol

Well Vader is important to keep a debuff on HT so that Sith Fighter can ignore protection. It also constantly feeds Biggs Protection if HT tries to cleanse TL. Sith Fighter can also give Vader Foresight and Def Pen to further erode HT.

If you can time your reinforcement so that Wedge or Anakin (though his AoE is a problem as it feeds HT TM) come in right after HT goes, you can probably kill him before he can cleanse. But if HT gets to go, you will lose the buff block and then HT is back off to the races.
  • Options

Proper mods on jka and ig2000.

What do you mean by this?

I thought all mods on ship are same provided they are th highest teir and dot levels - ie the stats on the mod are irrelevant.
  • Options

Proper mods on jka and ig2000.

What do you mean by this?

I thought all mods on ship are same provided they are th highest teir and dot levels - ie the stats on the mod are irrelevant.

Yeah but not everyone has a 5 full sets of 6* mods...and it would be expensive to be switching them to pilots every day and then back..

But the whales do have unlimited sets of 6* mods so your 5* mods are gonna get speed crushed by the 6* mods
  • Options

The key thing youre missing is that ht is only good if he taunts, and he's not a good taunt gainer. Yes, he has 1, but if that gets dispelled with buff immunity, then it doesnt matter how it cleanses itself (eg by called to assist), it will simply not get his taunt back.
    And as such, its just dead weight, watching while you slaughter his team mates. Youre not going to get that 3 turn cd taunt back in time.
  • Options

Yeah but not everyone has a 5 full sets of 6* mods...and it would be expensive to be switching them to pilots every day and then back..

But the whales do have unlimited sets of 6* mods so your 5* mods are gonna get speed crushed by the 6* mods

2 6* mods give you one bonus speed on the ship - so a full set of 6* mods is a whole 3 speed. Not really crushing it. And you have to be 7* g12 to even equip 6* mods..so chances are they are already faster, even with 5* mods.

Plus if your pilots are also part of your squad arena team or your primary content clearing team, you don't even need to move them!
  • Options
    I am maybe a QQing nub but consider this:

I am on a new ship shard(maybe 1 month old).
    SOME people just started to get 5* capital, I don’t have the means to keep 1 fully specced not to mention 3 for different encounters.
    I got a little lucky and got #3(not to brag but for the purposes that i am up there capable of fighting for top spots) yesterday but usually happy with top 5.
    There are 3-4 hound tooths and they are all in top 5. Sure some are whales no doubt ( I bought $5 starter pack but otherwise f2p)
    Things started to move much faster now but up until a few days ago, tooths sat at 3-4 stars.
    There are probably no 7 star ships that anyone has, maybe a few.
    So my fleet of 5-6 star ships against pretty much similar fleet with tooth.
    My pilot is better equipped, my ship is higher lvls of upgrades and stars.

And there is just no chance i get a super lucky rolls here and there.

It maybe more balanced when every is lvl 85 and has a variety of ships to select but at my lvl this ship is a game changer and will be for some time.

So how can 1 ship(and undergeared at that) hold so much power?

It has nothing to do with whaling but these whales don’t have a 7* bossk yet.

And I just don’t have a fleet of G12 geos sitting in hangar as a backup to take on 1* tooth and hope for perfect rng

If the ht is only 4 or 5 stars, it's probably not a whale. It is ftp farmable. With a 25 crystal refresh it can be farmed fairly quickly with energy.

And if you have tf, vader, asoka, or other ships that dispel buffs, ht is able to be managed without too much trouble.

He is in a newer shard mines is older but in mines the 5* is a whale created by the fact he didn’t have skills to reach top without it it started 3 stars when ship was first realeased he was a easy beat back then. One day he got tired of being in second and purchased packs to take to 5*. Major whale status can become firmed by his all g12 revan squad he started playing 2 months before me and we both no that isn’t possible without paying for equipment and toons. At 4* u shouldn’t complain or u will always big difference between below 5* and 5* and above as far as power upgrades. If u want to reach top going to have to beat anyways so it will be good practicing and eventually u can farm ur own bosk and use a defense so players with no skills can dream about beating u.
  • Options

2 6* mods give you one bonus speed on the ship - so a full set of 6* mods is a whole 3 speed. Not really crushing it. And you have to be 7* g12 to even equip 6* mods..so chances are they are already faster, even with 5* mods.

Plus if your pilots are also part of your squad arena team or your primary content clearing team, you don't even need to move them!

can't think of anyone but vader or thrawn that would be on an arena team...

I do get your point tho...

but in ships 1 speed matters more than anything

Thrawn vs thrawn etc that one speed will determine the match more often than not these days...

that TFP with 1 extra speed or your genos haveing that 1 extra speed vs mirror genos...

One speed is everything

not like arena where I have 52 more speed on every characters and still die in 30 seconds to the revan doom rush or the Sith Siondalf "You shall not pass"

That was best part of ships....you got to play you had a chance...not like arena where you don't even bother fighting because you can't win..

Hounds tooth kind of ruined that but as always farming will catch you up...

ack sidebar enough.... I do agree with you for the most part...but 1 speed is enough to determine a lot of ship battles.

(on a side note you know how much speed the 6* mods give.... any idea if G12+ adds speed ???)
  • Kokie
    1338 posts Member
    Options

Thrawn vs thrawn etc that one speed will determine the match more often than not these days...

that TFP with 1 extra speed or your genos haveing that 1 extra speed vs mirror genos...

One speed is everything

not like arena where I have 52 more speed on every characters and still die in 30 seconds to the revan doom rush or the Sith Siondalf "You shall not pass"

That was best part of ships....you got to play you had a chance...not like arena where you don't even bother fighting because you can't win..

ack sidebar enough.... I do agree with you for the most part...but 1 speed is enough to determine a lot of ship battles.

(on a side note you know how much speed the 6* mods give.... any idea if G12+ adds speed ???)

I run full bh in arena and easily take 1st during payout which fits so perfectly into my ship squad as well as bossk boba cad and ig88 are already maxed out with g12+....running bh in arena takes a bit to perfect but once you figure out what leader to run for what team it's a lot of fun
  • Dk_rek
    3299 posts Member
    edited November 2018
    Options

One speed is everything

I run full bh in arena and easily take 1st during payout which fits so perfectly into my ship squad as well as bossk boba cad and ig88 are already maxed out with g12+....running bh in arena takes a bit to perfect but once you figure out what leader to run for what team it's a lot of fun

I imagine being a whale is fun :)

We are the chum and plankton you eat everyday...not fun being plankton...unless it's EVIL MR. PLANKTON
  • Options
    "Dk_rek wrote: »

We are the chum and plankton you eat everyday...not fun being plankton...unless it's EVIL MR. PLANKTON

Not sure how that makes him a whale - Boba, Cad, IG88 have all been in the game a while. Even Bossk is to a point where 7* is easily in the realm of FTP.

He never said all those ships are 7*. Cad's ship works quite well off the bench at 3*, since it can hide behind HT. Slave One has been available for a long time. HT is farmable. That just leaves IG-2000, but since I don't use it I can't say how viable it is at 3/4*.
  • Dk_rek
    3299 posts Member
    Options

Not sure how that makes him a whale - Boba, Cad, IG88 have all been in the game a while. Even Bossk is to a point where 7* is easily in the realm of FTP.

He never said all those ships are 7*. Cad's ship works quite well off the bench at 3*, since it can hide behind HT. Slave One has been available for a long time. HT is farmable. That just leaves IG-2000, but since I don't use it I can't say how viable it is at 3/4*.

If he's taking first every day with 2 3* ships (that are actually in play) good for him....

Your right all he needs is the reinforcment maxxed on xanadu an boba fett can probably solo everyone else...
    not hard to do with OP kits...UGG I have all the ship stuff to do it...but i gotta gear dengar an aurra before Cad :(:(:(

I'm banking on resistance ships someday...still think resistance X wing could put out some serious damage with some allies and a capital ship.....

I do love how HT one weakness (weak attack) even get's taken away with xanadu... defense down and retribution....

Going to be a sick team for a month or two till falcon comes out

then you will see people running literally one ship in their fleet... legendary ship prob immortal the direction we going in

but ya back to point...good for him if it's 3*
  • Kokie
    1338 posts Member
    Options

This is true...the only thing I purchased for any of them is the marquee packs....ht is 6* and xanadu and ig2000 are 4*. The pilots are what I have maxed
  • Kokie
    1338 posts Member
    Options

If he's taking first every day with 2 3* ships (that are actually in play) good for him....

Your right all he needs is the reinforcment maxxed on xanadu an boba fett can probably solo everyone else...
    not hard to do with OP kits...UGG I have all the ship stuff to do it...but i gotta gear dengar an aurra before Cad :(:(:(

I'm banking on resistance ships someday...still think resistance X wing could put out some serious damage with some allies and a capital ship.....

I do love how HT one weakness (weak attack) even get's taken away with xanadu... defense down and retribution....

Going to be a sick team for a month or two till falcon comes out

then you will see people running literally one ship in their fleet... legendary ship prob immortal the direction we going in

but ya back to point...good for him if it's 3*

There are some easy ways to beat ht with dispel and stun and ability block...some more effective than others and it's even possible to force your way right thru with tie advance, tfp,slave 1 and etc...ht will be like biggs soon enough and something badder and better will take his spot
  • Options
    Finaly HT is still totaly overpowered. And only People which farmed it yet won't agree...
  • Kokie
    1338 posts Member
    Options
    Who the hell doesnt have hounds tooth farmed yet? If u dont u dont deserve to rank in fleet