Unacceptable, lost to a guy with no mods!

I am in shock and awe right now, I just lost using my Traya, Sion, Nihilus, Thrawn, Palpatine squad to a Palpatine, Traya, Nihilus, Sion, sith trooper.

I checked their mods and the guy has between 0-3 mods on each character. Probably in the process of remodding for a raid or something. How is this even possible considering my team is +100 speed on everyone, g12 all but Traya and all zetas present?

What's going on here CG?

Replies

• Options
    Palp lead sith are a counter to traya lead sith are they not?
  • Options
    Same way you can lose a ship battle in 40 seconds, then win the same battle in 40 seconds without losing a ship.

RNG>>all
  • Options
    Aluxtu wrote: »
    Palp lead sith are a counter to traya lead sith are they not?

This. No offense but calling out CG cause your team that should beat another team isnt really their problem. Sure RNG always plays a factor but if they aren't modded and you lose there is something wrong with your strategy or just very very very very very very very very very bad rng. I think that is enough verys.
  • Options
    Further more what his/her gear set. Does he/she have g12+ gear?
  • LukeDukem8
    608 posts Member
    edited September 2018
    Options
    palp lead gives tm...no need for speed after the opening series..and if you debuff any of the trio you are just feeding more tm to DN. Faster DN = loss usually.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    did you check before losing?

maybe he started moding after you attacked.
  • Options
    Sounds more like user error to me.
  • Options
    I would..be mad..also.
  • Options
    I once had a guy ask me to remove some mods to beat me and climb up. I went ahead and removed all my mods from my whole team.

He lost. With a jtr team. Against my g11 5* traya, g11 nihi, g12 sion, g12 thrawn, g11 3* SiT. None them.were modded.

So yeah, it happens. He then changed teams(switched to rex). Beat me easily( i was still with no mods).
  • Options
    The real question is why you went with a traya lead instead of just switching ep into lead. You set yourself at a disadvantage by doing that. Apparently, that more than makes up for their lack of modding.

Traya's lead does almost nothing against palp lead. It's her unique that is annoying. I beat traya lead with my non traya palp team. It's actually pretty easy to control nihilas long enough to get your nihilas to annihilate first because of the extra tm from ep lead compared to the other team nit getting it. With a traya in there to isolate, I imagine it is even easier. Even the ai can get lucky and isolate or fracture your nihilas. Being at a tm disadvantage already, that is hard to recover from.
  • Options
    Huatimus wrote: »
    Sounds more like user error to me.

• Options
    Daring post, what if there's nothing wrong with the game? ouch!
  • StarSon
    7443 posts Member
    edited September 2018
    Options
    Actually, I'm pretty sure 6E mods are still bugged so you can't see them. As such, it's not that he didn't have any mods, but he had amazing mods.

Edit: or not. Probably just PEBCAP
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    StarSon wrote: »
    Actually, I'm pretty sure 6E mods are still bugged so you can't see them. As such, it's not that he didn't have any mods, but he had amazing mods.

Edit: or not. Probably just PEBCAP

zxke7ksusgip.jpg

They seem to show up just fine.
  • Options
    I too have noticed I get beat by weaker teams. I also believe if I win too much at once in Arena the AI adjusts to that and becomes more powerful. I was hitting one team really hard yet they were taking no damage. My team was the stronger of the two but it was clear the AI had more than even the odds. All 5 toons barely took any damage at all and my team got wiped our easily.
  • Options
    Streve wrote: »
    I too have noticed I get beat by weaker teams. I also believe if I win too much at once in Arena the AI adjusts to that and becomes more powerful. I was hitting one team really hard yet they were taking no damage. My team was the stronger of the two but it was clear the AI had more than even the odds. All 5 toons barely took any damage at all and my team got wiped our easily.

Buffs to the AI is not a thing - the AI uses the same combat mechanics as everyone else. You just got beat, plain and simple. It could have been bad RNG, bad team comp on your part, bad play management on your part, bad mods on your part, or lots of other things that would be in your control (except that bad RNG I mentioned).
  • Options
    Fanatic wrote: »

Buffs to the AI is not a thing - the AI uses the same combat mechanics as everyone else. You just got beat, plain and simple. It could have been bad RNG, bad team comp on your part, bad play management on your part, bad mods on your part, or lots of other things that would be in your control (except that bad RNG I mentioned).

I had better everything. The team I lost to I had beaten before with the very same team I lost with. I know those who defend the game like to use RNG as their go to reason but I am seeing a pattern. I'm not dissing it though. I can understand why they would circumstantially make the AI better. To get you to spend money. Its a smart strategy. I have just come to accept it. Don't get me wrong. I still like the game. I'm sure if swgoh wasn't a game where you can spend real money the AI would be more static.
  • Boov
    604 posts Member
    Options

I had better everything. The team I lost to I had beaten before with the very same team I lost with. I know those who defend the game like to use RNG as their go to reason but I am seeing a pattern. I'm not dissing it though. I can understand why they would circumstantially make the AI better. To get you to spend money. Its a smart strategy. I have just come to accept it. Don't get me wrong. I still like the game. I'm sure if swgoh wasn't a game where you can spend real money the AI would be more static.

Why would more RNG in battles, more precisely circumstantially worse RNG, lead to more spending if apparantly you´ll lose anyway even with a stronger team?
    Droprate RNG is a different matter though.
    Loads of boardgames have RNG (dice rolls for example), but when it's in a freemium game people tent to assume the worst..
  • Options

The RNG isn't there to make you spend money, it's there to make up for lack of strategy... The AI can't play like a human plays, so they inject some extra dodges, stuns etc in to make it "fun"......
  • Options
    BubbaFett wrote: »

The RNG isn't there to make you spend money, it's there to make up for lack of strategy... The AI can't play like a human plays, so they inject some extra dodges, stuns etc in to make it "fun"......

Have you ever played MLB 2017 The Show? AI difficulty increases and decreases depending on how well you are doing. The better you get in a particular game the more the difficulty raises. It even says it during game play. AI batters at high difficulty can hit almost anything you throw at them. So yes. AI can most certainly get better during game play. I know what I am seeing.
  • Options

Have you ever played MLB 2017 The Show? AI difficulty increases and decreases depending on how well you are doing. The better you get in a particular game the more the difficulty raises. It even says it during game play. AI batters at high difficulty can hit almost anything you throw at them. So yes. AI can most certainly get better during game play. I know what I am seeing.

That's not a turn based game with 2-4 minute arena battles..... This game is about collecting and strategizing and not hand eye coordination and timing... During an arena fight, you are just hitting a button when it's your turn to hit a button, and if you don't hit that button, everyone just stands there. .... It's not dynamic gameplay like mortal combat where timing and quick decisions are involved.....

You are comparing apples and oranges....
  • Boov
    604 posts Member
    Options

So how do you explain players being on top of their leaderboard for years, yes yearS. Not just 1 guy per leaderboard, but multiple players. The AI must be through the roof for those guys, when are they ever going to stop winning? They can't have significantly better teams to adjust for the increased AI since they're all beating eachother to reach top rank at pay out.
  • Options
    Boov wrote: »

So how do you explain players being on top of their leaderboard for years, yes yearS. Not just 1 guy per leaderboard, but multiple players. The AI must be through the roof for those guys, when are they ever going to stop winning? They can't have significantly better teams to adjust for the increased AI since they're all beating eachother to reach top rank at pay out.

I'm sorry but I know what I am seeing. I have seen unbelievable losses. I wonder how many of those top players spend a lot of money on this game. I won't spend money. Do I really need to say it? I have to wonder if those who spend money are awarded for it.
  • DarthMufasa4
    214 posts Member
    edited October 2018
    Options
    Yeh, AI stays fairly consistent regardless of where you are, Ive been up and down the leaderboard and the AI is equally dumb throughout, the probable causes of losing are
    A) the human player isnt smart (no one really likes this idea but is certainly possible)
    B ) They have better teams
    C) Better mods
    D) RNG

If teams were smart at the top they wouldnt be so predictable and do exactly what you want them too.

BTW I'm FTP, I got to the top based on having good teams, I fell out of the top because I dont have Traya, in other words I lack the team composition for top awarding players.

One stupid mistake players could make is using Vaders AoE on the first go (against sith). This is because with Sion it increases Nihilus turnmeter.
    This turns the fight into a massive RNG mess, and thats because its comletely random with so many people at 100% turnmeter and with sith (without traya) one mass storm attack cripples a sith team potentially winning outright
    Post edited by DarthMufasa4 on