Droid Ships Incoming?

If you read closely, IG-2000 grants health and offense to droid allies. There's only one problem: there aren't any other droid ships in the game (yet). Does this mean we're getting some droid separatist ships soon? Or maybe the Mist Hunter ship, piloted by 4-LOM and Zuckuss?

Replies

• Options
    Most likely.
  • Options
    Looks like General Grievous is gonna get his ship after all! :smiley:
    Massive SWGOH Community On Discord - https://discord.gg/QWvTUBZ
  • Options
    But there is no any pilots in separatist ships cuz they are droids itself so i think they wont be added to the game except Grievous ship.
  • Options
    Cylons are coming.
  • Options
    Considering piloted droid ships, I can think of two right now: the Magnaguard's ship (same model as Xanadu Blood) and Grievous' ship.
    But I could see them releasing ships like Droid Tri-Fighters, Vulture Droids etc. with droid characters as pilots such as B2 or a to be released B1, although in canon they don't have a pilot because they already are selfpiloting droids.
    But this game isn't canon and it would be the only way to release them, given how ships work in this game.

• Options
    Thinking ig88 ship would benefit with bossk and cad bane ships. That would make 3 total but leaves capital ship. Then again ig88 is a smuggler also. But wouldn’t surprise me for another incoming ship like grievous.
  • Options
    Considering piloted droid ships, I can think of two right now: the Magnaguard's ship (same model as Xanadu Blood) and Grievous' ship.
    But I could see them releasing ships like Droid Tri-Fighters, Vulture Droids etc. with droid characters as pilots such as B2 or a to be released B1, although in canon they don't have a pilot because they already are selfpiloting droids.
    But this game isn't canon and it would be the only way to release them, given how ships work in this game.

There actually was some datamined info about pilotless droid fighter right after ships went live. A lot could have changed since then, but it seems that it was at least somewhat serious idea at the time.
  • Options
    Droid ships should be dumb and just fly straight while making pew-pew noises. :p
  • Options
    maybe the mist hunter for 4lom and zuckuss to complete the bounty hunters
    https://swgoh.gg/u/fahrius/ - Discord - Fahrius#1194
  • USAFmedic129
    1538 posts Member
    edited September 2018
    Options
    Fahrius wrote: »
    maybe the mist hunter for 4lom and zuckuss to complete the bounty hunters

Oh no. Aurra needs her ship, Asajj needs her bounty hunter ship and tag, Greedo can get some made up sleek fighter, Zam needs her ship, and Jango needs his original Slave 1. No need to introduce a slew of new bounty hunters.
  • Dryff
    672 posts Member
    edited September 2018
    Options
    There are three already. Cassian's U-Wing, Lando's Millenium Falcon, and Phantom II all have droid pilots B)
  • Options
    Dryff wrote: »
    There are three already. Cassian's U-Wing, Lando's Millenium Falcon, and Phantom II all have droid pilots B)

That doesn't make them droid ships, though. Although it could be argued that any post-Solo version of the Falcon should get the tag, with L3's "brain" a part of the ship.
  • Options
    I don’t think that B2 can pilot anything with his big meaty claws.
  • Options
    This screams Seperatist rework
  • Options
    This screams Seperatist rework

Let’s hope so
  • Options
    There is a tag for droid ships, IG 2000 is the only ship currently with that tag.
  • Options
    It's actually nosense cuz ig-2000 just a ship and not a droid-ship like separatists. We'll see where it lead to
  • USAFmedic129
    1538 posts Member
    edited September 2018
    Options
    IG-2000 has Dengar as a copilot for that Dark Horse Dark Empire 2 comic where they teamed up to nab Han? Or just IG as Pilot only? Either way, it’s not a true droid ship, the ship is not cogent.
  • Options
    Just give grievous his capital ship with an ability that gives you a generic droid fighter whenever an ally is destroyed. Canon and logical. I’ll take my cheque now
  • Options
    IG-2000 has Dengar as a copilot for that Dark Horse Dark Empire 2 comic where they teamed up to nab Han? Or just IG as Pilot only? Either way, it’s not a true droid ship, the ship is not cogent.
    I believe you mean it is not sentient. :)