Lobot droid tag

Can Lobot have a droid tag? He is a cyborg and his leader skill is only for droids, he does not even get bonus from his own leader skill. In addition, we do not have a light side droid leader.
With the tag he will get buffs from his leader and other droids uniques and even let B88 taunt.

Replies

• Options
    It would help his viability out, but labeling Lobot a droid is a stretch. Death Vader is much closer to a droid than Lobot is.
  • Options
    Droideka wrote: »
    It would help his viability out, but labeling Lobot a droid is a stretch. Death Vader is much closer to a droid than Lobot is.

You are just looking to his body and from that point of view he looks just like human with an implant, but according to Star Wars wiki "...Lobot's mind was lost and his cybernetic implants took over.", so actually he is more like a droid in a human body than a human with an implant.
    Official database does not say the implant took over, but it says that can erase the personality: "The cybernetic implant, however, would often erase the personality of its subject and, occasionally, cause their behavior to become erratic.".

Sources:
    http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Lobot#Personality_and_traits
    https://www.starwars.com/databank/lobot-tech-headgear
  • Options
    The only cyborgs in Swgoh are Vader, Greivous, and Lobot. General Greivous is counted as a droid because he is 95% robot. I mean, the only organic parts of his bodies are his eyes and organ sack!
  • Options
    Btw Droideka, you said “Death Vader”
  • Options
    The only cyborgs in Swgoh are Vader, Greivous, and Lobot. General Greivous is counted as a droid because he is 95% robot. I mean, the only organic parts of his bodies are his eyes and organ sack!

But what is more important the body or the mind?
  • Options

There are plenty of other cyborgs, including Trench, Aurra Sing, Luke Skywalker, Maul, Saw Gerrera.
  • Options
    how is Luke a Cyborg?
  • Options
    how is Luke a Cyborg?

His cybernetic hand.
  • Options
    how is Luke a Cyborg?

His cybernetic hand.

I don't think a single prosthetic is enough to label someone a cyborg
  • Vendi1983
    5024 posts Member
    edited September 2018
    Options
    According to the Oxford Dictionary:

Cyborg - A fictional or hypothetical person whose physical abilities are extended beyond normal human limitations by mechanical elements built into the body.

So unless Luke's hand has no improvements whatsoever over a normal human hand I'd have to say he is indeed a Cyborg. He took a blaster hit to the back of it on Tatooine and could still use it. I feel that a normal hand would have been blown clean off in that situation.
  • Options
    Vendi1983 wrote: »

Cyborg - A fictional or hypothetical person whose physical abilities are extended beyond normal human limitations by mechanical elements built into the body.

So unless Luke's hand has no improvements whatsoever over a normal human hand I'd have to say he is indeed a Cyborg. He took a blaster hit to the back of it on Tatooine and could still use it. I feel that a normal hand would have been blown clean off in that situation.

That just proves that the hand was well built, not necessarily that he can do anything with it that "extends beyond human limitation". And considering he's a powerful force user it'd be difficult to tell any if any feat he accomplished was due to the hand or his use of the force
  • Options
    Just realized, this entire argument about weather or not luke is a cyborg is irrelevant. This thread is about droid tags in this game and neither version of luke have the prosthetic hand
  • Options
    Vendi1983 wrote: »

I found another definition on Wikipedia:
    A cyborg (/ˈsaɪbɔːrɡ/) short for "cybernetic organism") is a being with both organic and biomechatronic body parts.

Since Luke’s has a biomechatronic hand and the rest of him is organic, I say that makes him a cyborg.
    c1ever_pun wrote: »
    Just realized, this entire argument about weather or not luke is a cyborg is irrelevant. This thread is about droid tags in this game and neither version of luke have the prosthetic hand

When we get ROTJ Luke he will be a cyborg.
  • AstralKnight
    42 posts Member
    edited September 2018
    Options

There are plenty of other cyborgs, including Trench, Aurra Sing, Luke Skywalker, Maul, Saw Gerrera.
    Yea I forgot about Aurra
    But Maul isn’t a cyborg yet, neither is Luke, and Trench and Saw arent even in the game!
  • Options
    I want Denetrius Vidian.
  • Options

But Maul isn’t a cyborg yet, neither is Luke, and Trench and Saw arent even in the game!
    I’m not sure what you mean:

yjma233fhha0.png

ulx0njuf8liu.png

They were cyborgs, even if their versions with cyborg parts aren’t in the game yet. I think it’s likely we’ll see ROTJ Luke eventually, but maybe not Maul.
  • Options

yjma233fhha0.png

ulx0njuf8liu.png

They were cyborgs, even if their versions with cyborg parts aren’t in the game yet. I think it’s likely we’ll see ROTJ Luke eventually, but maybe not Maul.

He was saying that the versions of the characters we have right now were not yet cyborgs (or whatever you want to call them). Characters are a snapshot from a certain point in their life. Darth Maul hadn’t “died” yet. Luke hadn’t faced Darth Vader yet.
  • Options

yjma233fhha0.png

ulx0njuf8liu.png

He was saying that the versions of the characters we have right now were not yet cyborgs (or whatever you want to call them). Characters are a snapshot from a certain point in their life. Darth Maul hadn’t “died” yet. Luke hadn’t faced Darth Vader yet.

Ok, thanks. I didn’t understand what AstralKnight meant.