2Next

Replies

• StarSon
    7525 posts Member
    Options
    Boov wrote: »
    BTBAMthony wrote: »
    When i play monopoly i never buy any properties, houses or hotels. That’s how they get you along with RNG dice rolls.

Except in monopoly you use “Monopoly money” provided through gameplay. By playing the game you are rewarded with in game currency to be able to access any and all aspects of said game. A better comparison would be if you could buy the first two tiers of property with in game money. But the second two tiers including Park and Boardwalk would require you to send real money to Hasbro to access. Create the demand and then charge money for said demand.

You don't have to use real money to buy the energy packs though. Crystals are the ingame equivalent of "monopoly money", the only difference is that you can't buy monopoly money with real money.

I dunno, if I was the banker and you said "hey, I'll give you this actual $20 bill for 4 500s" I'd totally do it.
  • ShaggyB
    2390 posts Member
    Options
    Kyno wrote: »
    They are not giving it to you over 2 days, it's all in 1 day. How much would 600 crystals get you in 1 day?

480 cantina with 100 crystal left as it takes 200 to do another 120. So youd need 700 crystal for 600 cantina energy in one day.

For regular energy you get 600 for the 450 adding another 200 gets you 120 more, 720 for 650.

So if you wait this is a bad deal but if you need it... it is a discount slightly
  • StarSon
    7525 posts Member
    Options
    ShaggyB wrote: »
    They are not giving it to you over 2 days, it's all in 1 day. How much would 600 crystals get you in 1 day?

480 cantina with 100 crystal left as it takes 200 to do another 120. So youd need 700 crystal for 600 cantina energy in one day.

For regular energy you get 600 for the 450 adding another 200 gets you 120 more, 720 for 650.

So if you wait this is a bad deal but if you need it... it is a discount slightly

They never claimed it to be more than "slightly." If you are in a rush, it's a great help.
  • Options
    StarSon wrote: »
    BTBAMthony wrote: »
    When i play monopoly i never buy any properties, houses or hotels. That’s how they get you along with RNG dice rolls.

Except in monopoly you use “Monopoly money” provided through gameplay. By playing the game you are rewarded with in game currency to be able to access any and all aspects of said game. A better comparison would be if you could buy the first two tiers of property with in game money. But the second two tiers including Park and Boardwalk would require you to send real money to Hasbro to access. Create the demand and then charge money for said demand.

You don't have to use real money to buy the energy packs though. Crystals are the ingame equivalent of "monopoly money", the only difference is that you can't buy monopoly money with real money.

I dunno, if I was the banker and you said "hey, I'll give you this actual $20 bill for 4 500s" I'd totally do it.

You sell yourself short. Boardwalk is actually worth $300. Hotels would be an additional $200 if you want to do it all in one turn.
  • Options
    Jeffrome wrote: »
    I was pretty excited to hear you’d be offering energy packs for 600 crystals. Then I saw the actual pack today and it’s definitely NOT a 14-15% discount. Let’s look at Cantina energy. Over 2 days you can refresh cantina 6 times for 600 crystals. That would give you 740 cantina energy. Instead you offer 640 energy with this pack and it should be offering at LEAST 750 to actually be considered a discount or even a good deal.

I agree with the premise, but not the math.
  • ShaggyB
    2390 posts Member
    Options
    StarSon wrote: »
    ShaggyB wrote: »

They never claimed it to be more than "slightly." If you are in a rush, it's a great help.

Not saying its not. It has its place. But thats the math