The future of Legendary events

AssassinoAlexis
134 posts Member
edited September 2018
This post isn't specific to Chewbacca, this post is about the conclusions we can reach based on the legendary event of Chewbacca. I don't want this post merged because I believe this is a separate discussion that should have. Looking at the most recent legendary event we can investigate some things.

WHAT DO WE KNOW:

The gear level required to unlock Chewbacca seems to be between 10-11, the event itself recommends gear level 11 but that will vary depending on your roster and mods as well as possible zetas. This is already looking different than anything we've seen so far. All previous legendary events required less gear investment for a 7 star promotion!

The 6 star battle seems to require full gear 11 roster, perhaps even higher gear if you're using the original bounty hunters which makes this already seem like an overkill. This, in my opinion should have been the requirement for the 7 star promotion not 6.

For the 7th star and the ability to use the character in heroic raids, equip g12 and 6 dot mods, it seems that gear 12+ is recommended. Again I'm assuming this will vary depending on your roster and zetas. Maybe you'll get away with g11 and a couple g12 if you have characters like Bossk and Embo at 7 stars, including their zetas.

WHAT DOES THIS MEAN?

I would suggest it's early to jump into conclusions, this may very well be a one time thing and next legendary could go back to the previous precedent. Of course the devs did communicate before this event that it was going to be more difficult than the previous ones, bug g12 was never mentioned.

Regardless of whether this will be a one time thing or the new standard for legendary events, the result is that Pandora's box has been opened! You must understand something, everything is psychological so how can any player NOT assume that this won't happen again. Personally the ONLY thing that could reassure me is if the devs came out themselves and stated clearly and confidently that this is in fact a one time thing and all legendary events in the future will go back to the old precedent until further notice.

The thought of needing gear 12 characters with zetas for legendaries adds an imense amount of stress. It basically adds another component to panic farming as we not only need to worry about shards but also gear and even zetas/omegas. Not only for the character we unlock but also for the characters needed to unlock them. This makes the situation very messy and expensive for what's worth.

THE CONCLUSION :

This is bigger than Chewbacca and honestly I'm so not bummed out by this, I personally managed to unlock him and 5 stars will do. I have Traya, I'm doing fine and not having Chewbacca available in raids is not the end of the world, I'm just far more concerned with the over all decision to revamp the entire structure of the event to be something very scary for the player to face in the future! I hate the thought of having to worry about additional factors in the whole panic farming experience, I hate the thought of missing out on iconic and potentially meta defining characters because I was not strong enough to beat the event even tho my star requirements were on point. I hate the thought of having to have 40 zetas and 100 omega materials in reserve for unexpected legendaries of all things. I thought that increasing gear requirements for legendary events was not necessarily a bad decision but going from 9 to 12 is just too much of a jump. You could have made it 10/11 but even 11 is kind alot, not that it would be a lot in this case cause everyone had Bounty Hunters starred but generally we need some sense into these events.

Replies

• Options
    What’s the fun of the game of everyone can unlock everything????

100% disagree with this!!!

I saved 4 zetas for this event and I didn’t have to use them, unlocked Chewy and maxed him out and have 2 left now... why because I saved for it and make tactical choices of the teams I run...

If a legendary came out needing Solo Toons I don’t event have one of them partially worked, shame but I would applaud those that worked on them and crushed the event.

Make end game content harder!!! Don’t even get me started on those still complaining about STR if you don’t have JTR or Nightmare it’s your own fault plenty of time to have got them “FTP” already.

• Options
    Foxer wrote: »

I saved 4 zetas for this event and I didn’t have to use them, unlocked Chewy and maxed him out and have 2 left now... why because I saved for it and make tactical choices of the teams I run...

If a legendary came out needing Solo Toons I don’t event have one of them partially worked, shame but I would applaud those that worked on them and crushed the event.

Make end game content harder!!! Don’t even get me started on those still complaining about STR if you don’t have JTR or Nightmare it’s your own fault plenty of time to have got them “FTP” already.

Then they should tell people what to expect before the "disaster" happens
  • Options
    I agree with the OP that the difficulty of this event is unprecedented for a character unlock. I’m not necessarily complaining about that, but it will definitely change my approach to new legendaries.
    I demand Grand Arena Elo ratings.
  • Options

You mean like 2 weeks ago when they specifically said... “this will be an extreamly hard event”
  • Options
    Thanks for the thread. Was contemplating making it too.

Debating if i wanna go for OR toons now, considering this is the difficulty that upcoming legendaries are gonna have. There's no way one can farm AND gear the OR toons within 2-ish months.

Although, i do hope this was a one off thing compensating for the ease with which the BH are obtainable. I hope.
  • Options

You mean like 2 weeks ago when they specifically said... “this will be an extreamly hard event”

‘Extremely hard” is a true description, but it’s really vague. If 7* Chewie were tuned for G10, it would still be the hardest legendary to date, so yeah, people were going to be surprised to go in with G10 bounty hunters and only manage the 5* unlock after switching to arena mods.

Another bummer about this event is that unlike Thrawn, where there was some sense in trying the event over and over with different strategic adjustments (admittedly, frustrating in its own way), the Chewie event just brutalizes you.
    I demand Grand Arena Elo ratings.
  • Options
    Most people would consider Thrawn to be a benchmark of a "Hard" legendary. This Chewie event makes Tier 7 of Thrawn look like an Omega Battle.
  • Options
    i'm a long time player (2 years) and a minnow that buys the occasional $10 shard pack.
    I farmed up the BH last year when when DS TB was introduced and have been slowing gearing them. I have the classic team at 7 stars with boba at g12 and the rest at g9/10.

i got chewy at 6* yesterday morning, and got slaughtered on t7.
    I watched some videos, learned the strategy, equipped some gear i had been stockpiling, got greedo to g11 and beat it this morning in 17 minutes. I didn't even mod swap, and poor dengar is still g9.

Yes, this was a difficult event, much harder than i had originally expected, but it hardly requires g12+ gear, nor does it require any of the newer BH.
    G11 may be a higher bar then we are used to, but all of these toons that have been ftp for nearly 2 years, have had their own DS TB nodes for a year, had reworks months ago and had those new galactic bounty events for like 4 months...
    Like any legendary, newer players aren't going to get them, but if you've been around since dstb was introduced last November, sorry, but it's on you.
  • Options

Completly agree with this. I’m not hoping that every event will be as hard as this one because mid game players need things to do too, but i do hope that more of this is coming. It’s really nice to have good things to work towards in the game.
    The 6 star battle seems to require full gear 11 roster, perhaps even higher gear if you're using the original bounty hunters which makes this already seem like an overkill.

Did it with a g11, two g10, one g9 and one g8, which is way less than what you said. I’m going to give you the benefit of the doubt and say it’s good news for you. The event is harder than past legendaries, but not half as hard as some people make it to be. Of course i quoted the 6* but all your « requirements » are false, plain and simple.