Community

Prev1
DJphenom
78 posts Member
edited September 2018
There seems to be a lot of groaning and complaining on the forums surrounding the Chewbacca Legendary release, and the requirements, or needs, therein. This happens every time there is a legendary or hero's journey release. To keep it all in perspective, everyone should keep in mind that the difficulty of this event is no different than previous legendaries (even though the gear/toon needs are a bit higher), as they were designed to create a monetary push for the game. I have been playing since the first month of the game's release. When the rancor came out, it was EXTREMELY difficult. I thought it would be impossible forever. It took me almost a year to start collecting Solo shards from Heroic Rancor. Same thing happened with the AAT. Couple those with legendary events and heroics, and we have to be putting ourselves in a position to EARN these shards, rather than thinking they should be given to us because we think we are working hard. Coders, designers, and admin all need to get paid for their hard work, and players that pay any amount of money help make that happen.
The FTP'ers like myself rely on free content paid for by those players. With that in mind, I have to make decisions that help keep me competitive with people that spend money. If you truly are spending money on the game, and you are one of the people upset with this latest release, then you are spending your money incorrectly (I'm sorry to say this, and I truly don't mean to offend anyone that is upset). I say this because I have been able to stay right in line with the meta, or close behind it, as a free player. I was only able to get CLS the first time around, and R2 and BB8 the first time around so far in this game. I got lucky with CLS because I had all the required empire toons for R2. I was able to defeat Tier 6 of Chewie's event because I have been working on my BH's, and I played the event with pretty decent strategy.
I am bringing this up because I would like to come to the forums to get advice on the events and comps, but all I keep seeing are complaints to the extreme (complaints are certainly valid, but not the extreme ones, as they blame the developers for being greedy - even though the monetizing aspect keeps us going with constant updates and new content), which do nothing to enrich the community itself. Be sure to collect new KOTOR toons and gear them up because the next legendary will be KOTOR. Much love, everyone!
Post edited by Kyno on

Replies

• Options
    The complaints are valid.... Sorry...

I get what you are saying in regards to monetization, however, every other legendary event required g8-g9 toons, decent mods, and a little RNG magic.....

I fully understand that BH have been around quite a while and f2p have had lots of opportunity to.up them, thus the higher than normal difficulty.... However, when you ramp the difficulty up to the extent that, what gets you a legendary in every other event, will no longer unlock a toon at 5*, you have gone too far..... And yes, its pure greed....

Do you really think the average joe that can't get a toon at 5* is incentivized to open his wallet knowing how difficult 6 and 7* is going to be?
  • Options
    BubbaFett wrote: »

I get what you are saying in regards to monetization, however, every other legendary event required g8-g9 toons, decent mods, and a little RNG

You hit it on the head there. They have to make it hard or it wouldn't be a legendary toon now would it? Would you prefer a panic farm of shards for crappy characters instead?
  • Dk_rek
    3299 posts Member
    edited September 2018
    Options
    Complaints are valid. Its a feedback forum people are giving it... the egotistical “i’m .00005%” that 7* him everyone else is dumb or bad at the game but me so quit whining!!!! “

Those are the toxic ppl who need to go...

Brags are good.

Trolls waving it peoples faces under alt accounts who offer nothing are not...
  • Options

I get what you are saying in regards to monetization, however, every other legendary event required g8-g9 toons, decent mods, and a little RNG magic.....

I fully understand that BH have been around quite a while and f2p have had lots of opportunity to.up them, thus the higher than normal difficulty.... However, when you ramp the difficulty up to the extent that, what gets you a legendary in every other event, will no longer unlock a toon at 5*, you have gone too far..... And yes, its pure greed....

Do you really think the average joe that can't get a toon at 5* is incentivized to open his wallet knowing how difficult 6 and 7* is going to be?

I totally respect your opinion, and I understand what you are saying. With that in mind, the other legendaries also required new marquee toons that had to be farmed and geared. This event requires OG toons that everyone should have had geared because the rework was a hint that there would be a release that would require them. I am just talking off the heel without looking anything up, but I am sure that almost every time we had a rework, there was something released connected to them - whether it was a new legendary, TB, a raid, etc.. "The average Joe that can't get a toon at 5*" isn't the one spending money, or even at the level as an FTP'er to earn it. Average Joe's don't spend money on the game. The devs rely on enticing regular whales and other money-spenders. Without them, we would not have the content that we have. I appreciate your comment, and I hope you have a great day!
  • Options
    DJphenom wrote: »
    There seems to be a lot of groaning and complaining on the forums surrounding the Chewbacca Legendary release, and the requirements, or needs, therein. This happens every time there is a legendary or hero's journey release. To keep it all in perspective, everyone should keep in mind that the difficulty of this event is no different than previous legendaries (even though the gear/toon needs are a bit higher), as they were designed to create a monetary push for the game. I have been playing since the first month of the game's release. When the rancor came out, it was EXTREMELY difficult. I thought it would be impossible forever. It took me almost a year to start collecting Solo shards from Heroic Rancor. Same thing happened with the AAT. Couple those with legendary events and heroics, and we have to be putting ourselves in a position to EARN these shards, rather than thinking they should be given to us because we think we are working hard. Coders, designers, and admin all need to get paid for their hard work, and players that pay any amount of money help make that happen.
    The FTP'ers like myself rely on free content paid for by those players. With that in mind, I have to make decisions that help keep me competitive with people that spend money. If you truly are spending money on the game, and you are one of the people upset with this latest release, then you are spending your money incorrectly (I'm sorry to say this, and I truly don't mean to offend anyone that is upset). I say this because I have been able to stay right in line with the meta, or close behind it, as a free player. I was only able to get CLS the first time around, and R2 and BB8 the first time around so far in this game. I got lucky with CLS because I had all the required empire toons for R2. I was able to defeat Tier 6 of Chewie's event because I have been working on my BH's, and I played the event with pretty decent strategy.
    I am bringing this up because I would like to come to the forums to get advice on the events and comps, but all I keep seeing are complaints to the extreme (complaints are certainly valid, but not the extreme ones, as they blame the developers for being greedy - even though the monetizing aspect keeps us going with constant updates and new content), which do nothing to enrich the community itself. Be sure to collect new KOTOR toons and gear them up because the next legendary will be KOTOR. Much love, everyone!

Solo toons have been out much longer...
  • Options
    Dk_rek wrote: »
    Complaints are valid. Its a feedback forum people are giving it... the egotistical “i’m .00005%” that 7* him everyone else is dumb or bad at the game but me so quit whining!!!! “

Brags are good.

Let's say the game is played with 4 million people, %0.00005 of that is 2 people. That's quite an operation run by 2 people xD
  • Options
    And yes, its pure greed....
    Lol.

None of this is greed. You are not being extorted into spending money.

We were amply warned that this would be a more difficult legendary than those before.

It also makes sense from a game standpoint, as they are running out of factions to require for future legendaries. It only makes sense that the legendaries would start to get more difficult to give us incentive to improve the g8/g9 teams that got us Yoda/Palpatine and the like.

I got my 5* chewy with g11 boba, g10 bossk, g9 ig88, g8 zam, and g7 dengar after about a dozen tries. I'm not going for 7* yet because I don't want to put gear into toons I'm not going to use, so I'll wait until I 7* jango and other new bounty hunters.

As always with this game, the decision is time or money. If you are unwilling to spend the money, you have to spend the time. If you're unwilling to do either, come to the forums and make the same complaint that has been made a million times.
  • Options

Brags are good.

You are correct that there is another side to the toxicity, but I believe those so-called trolls are a by-product of the extreme complaints made by the people I mentioned. You mentioned "feedback forums", while actually "feedback" is a sub-thread of the main forums. If there is truly a functionality problem with the legendary release, or others in the same vein, then that feedback should be directed at its particular thread, or the EA feedback website. I truly believe that it is just venting that could be better done somewhere else, considering we are trying to grow the community so we can continue to enjoy free content. Let's provide great advice and try to make new friends and build community. Much love!
  • Options

I totally respect your opinion, and I understand what you are saying. With that in mind, the other legendaries also required new marquee toons that had to be farmed and geared. This event requires OG toons that everyone should have had geared because the rework was a hint that there would be a release that would require them. I am just talking off the heel without looking anything up, but I am sure that almost every time we had a rework, there was something released connected to them - whether it was a new legendary, TB, a raid, etc.. "The average Joe that can't get a toon at 5*" isn't the one spending money, or even at the level as an FTP'er to earn it. Average Joe's don't spend money on the game. The devs rely on enticing regular whales and other money-spenders. Without them, we would not have the content that we have. I appreciate your comment, and I hope you have a great day!

But we did get something BH-related already - the galactic bounties. The problem is that we could find those "hints" about pretty much anything. We got the Solo bundle and Smuggler tag. For what, that lame resource event? There is no way to make smart choices, just pick something and hope for the best...
    Also, the idea that there needs to be some paid advantage to fund the game is just wrong. Not sure about mobile, but on PC, Path of Exile is a great example - paid stuff is purely cosmetic and the game has been running for years with regular (and awesome) updates.
  • Options

Stopped reading after 9th line.
    You said, its the same as the other legendary events, except higher gear requirements....then that's not the same....
    CG has once again, as always, shafted the f2p community. They spread false information saying the gear requirements...yet most of the people who have those geared required BH cant even do tier 7.

CG has gotten the best of the community again.
    Community-1
    CG-Infinity
  • Options
    Lol.

We were amply warned that this would be a more difficult legendary than those before.

It also makes sense from a game standpoint, as they are running out of factions to require for future legendaries. It only makes sense that the legendaries would start to get more difficult to give us incentive to improve the g8/g9 teams that got us Yoda/Palpatine and the like.

I got my 5* chewy with g11 boba, g10 bossk, g9 ig88, g8 zam, and g7 dengar after about a dozen tries. I'm not going for 7* yet because I don't want to put gear into toons I'm not going to use, so I'll wait until I 7* jango and other new bounty hunters.

As always with this game, the decision is time or money. If you are unwilling to spend the money, you have to spend the time. If you're unwilling to do either, come to the forums and make the same complaint that has been made a million times.

Meh, I don’t know if I’d call “2 weeks to get your BH to G12!” ample warning (been hoarding since and am somewhere around 10.5 average), but I agree that you shouldn’t expect to get every event first time around without spending cash. Just don’t see any reasonable way to do so this event (cough cough individual character packs like with CLS).
  • Options
    No_Try wrote: »

Brags are good.

Let's say the game is played with 4 million people, %0.00005 of that is 2 people. That's quite an operation run by 2 people xD

There are about 4 of them waving their egos around so i was off by 2 i would say it was an epicly close approximation.

Nice try tho
  • Options
    I find it to be interesting since I started playing this game late last year (as CLS was available for the second time for you all).

Found this forums and the new player section. Intelligently Farmed Phoenix and that gateway and 9ish months later....

-I still don’t have CLS (but ready this time).
    -unlocked thrawn at 5* first chance I had and didn’t get to 7* until the 3rd chance I had. Same scenario for palp
    -just finally got bb8 to 7* after this past bb8 event.
    -took two passes at R2 events to get him 7*
    -not even sure I’ll be ready for JTR (yet again, dang vets).
    -don’t have Jedi Yoda at 7* yet (but ready now)
    - was able to 6* chewie with planning and some prepperation. (My goal was 5* chewie)

When I read all these complaints it sounds like most folks are upset because they aren’t getting a 7* chewie this first go around.

So what, yes it’s difficult, get over it and if you want a 7* work towards it for next time.

Heck I barely got my arena team sion to 6* and was using him in arena at 3* for 4 months.

take your time and give yourself something to work on.
  • Options
    Lol.

Meh, I don’t know if I’d call “2 weeks to get your BH to G12!” ample warning (been hoarding since and am somewhere around 10.5 average), but I agree that you shouldn’t expect to get every event first time around without spending cash. Just don’t see any reasonable way to do so this event (cough cough individual character packs like with CLS).

This team just unlocked 7* chewy. No g12. Just a lil knowledge of the mechanics of the game and some rng. Keep trying, you will get it.
  • Options
    Nauros wrote: »

But we did get something BH-related already - the galactic bounties. The problem is that we could find those "hints" about pretty much anything. We got the Solo bundle and Smuggler tag. For what, that lame resource event? There is no way to make smart choices, just pick something and hope for the best...
    Also, the idea that there needs to be some paid advantage to fund the game is just wrong. Not sure about mobile, but on PC, Path of Exile is a great example - paid stuff is purely cosmetic and the game has been running for years with regular (and awesome) updates.

You're correct, but I have to mention that we also have a high tier in the TB where they are required, and in order to finish that tier, you have to own pretty strong BH's. I have had BH's geared for a while, then when they announced that BH's were needed for this new legendary, I had to panic-farm gear as opposed to toon shards, which is the same as the previous events, just a different aspect. I am by no means against the complaints, or defending the devs, but I'm just tired of seeing constant complaints about EVERY. SINGLE. THING that is released or updated. I want to see the community build, not fall into chaos like communities before it. I believe this is a good game, otherwise I wouldn't have been playing it for 3 years. Much love, Nauros!
  • Options
    [...] If you truly are spending money on the game, and you are one of the people upset with this latest release, then you are spending your money incorrectly (I'm sorry to say this, and I truly don't mean to offend anyone that is upset). [...]
    I'm a dolphin with 3.4M GP. I was fully prepared to spend probably ~$100 or so on some last minute gear / shards for this event. Not this time though. I have all the original BHs @ 7 stars. Boba is GL12, the rest are GL7-GL10. My Bossk is 6 stars and he is GL11 already. I can get him to 7 stars. I managed to complete tier 5 after getting some pointers from these discussions.

But right now I don't see a way how I can prepare for tier 7 for less than $300-$400. I have neither the gear nor the mods required to complete tier 7 without restarting dozens and dozens of times. I'm afraid that by upping the requirements that much, CG has shot themselves in the proverbial foot. They could have had my $100, they get nothing from me instead.
  • Options
    MuCuS wrote: »
    I find it to be interesting since I started playing this game late last year (as CLS was available for the second time for you all).

Found this forums and the new player section. Intelligently Farmed Phoenix and that gateway and 9ish months later....

-unlocked thrawn at 5* first chance I had and didn’t get to 7* until the 3rd chance I had. Same scenario for palp
    - was able to 6* chewie with planning and some prepperation. (My goal was 5* chewie)

When I read all these complaints it sounds like most folks are upset because they aren’t getting a 7* chewie this first go around.

So what, yes it’s difficult, get over it and if you want a 7* work towards it for next time.

Heck I barely got my arena team sion to 6* and was using him in arena at 3* for 4 months.

The problem is having too much to work on. HSTR teams, pilots, remaining legendaries for those who don't have them yet... This kind of difficulty is fine on mythics - a nice bonus for the investment - but not on unlocking a key character. And you can bet he will be important in one way or another...
  • Options
    Nauros wrote: »

I want to see the community build, not fall into chaos like communities before it.

Thats Star Trek where everyone pretends to like everyone, this is Star Wars where the hate flows
  • Options
    MuCuS wrote: »

This comment right here. I think a lot of the veteran players that are complaining forget how long it took to get Palp, GMY, and finish the rancor. These new events are meant to challenge the veterans, not the newbies. If you're not challenged as a vet, then the game isn't working the way it should, and it will run off the money-spenders needed to keep the game afloat. I really appreciate your perspective, as I think it is quite needed.
  • Options
    RawdSW wrote: »
    I'm a dolphin with 3.4M GP. I was fully prepared to spend probably ~$100 or so on some last minute gear / shards for this event. Not this time though. I have all the original BHs @ 7 stars. Boba is GL12, the rest are GL7-GL10. My Bossk is 6 stars and he is GL11 already. I can get him to 7 stars. I managed to complete tier 5 after getting some pointers from these discussions.

But right now I don't see a way how I can prepare for tier 7 for less than $300-$400. I have neither the gear nor the mods required to complete tier 7 without restarting dozens and dozens of times. I'm afraid that by upping the requirements that much, CG has shot themselves in the proverbial foot. They could have had my $100, they get nothing from me instead.

I know people in my guild, and have read on the forums that have completed the event with OG toons. I would like for you to come over to our discord community, and maybe talk you into joining our guild community for help to defeat this event. Please inbox me for more info if you'd like.
  • Options

Thats Star Trek where everyone pretends to like everyone, this is Star Wars where the hate flows

The hate should only flow through the Sith.. I am drawn toward the light. Much love!
  • Options
    The only toxicity comes from the developers of the game. The last couple of months were like a marathon of on pourpose bad decisions and bad communication. Cause and effect. It is normal to see this backlash.
  • Options
    RawdSW wrote: »

I know people in my guild, and have read on the forums that have completed the event with OG toons. I would like for you to come over to our discord community, and maybe talk you into joining our guild community for help to defeat this event. Please inbox me for more info if you'd like.

You pointed out that We were not in the feedback subsection and i freely admit you were correct.. i would like to point out now there is a subsection to the forum for guild/alliance recruitment as i like to return favors i hate owing people favors.

Thankee Sai may your Ka be well
  • Options

You pointed out that We were not in the feedback subsection and i freely admit you were correct.. i would like to point out now there is a subsection to the forum for guild/alliance recruitment as i like to return favors i hate owing people favors.

Ahhh, good one.. Almost.. My original post wan't meant to recruit; I only replied to someone to offer help in this thread. You seem to be one of the toxic players I was referring to, because instead of adding something to the conversation, you are just being a contrarian. In reference to my suggestion that the complaints about functionality should be directed at feedback forums; I am not being hypocritical because it was not my intention to recruit someone as a result of my post, as opposed to folks posting complaints whose intentions were to create discord rather than change (as is evident with their toxicity, rather than constructive criticism - which is what the devs mostly respond to, if you have been paying attention). I won't be replying to you again, as it seems that you have problems that I cannot help. Much love!
  • Options
    Well said OP.

I only had to add a bit more hoarded gear to my OG BH to beat T7, and I'm also F2P. It was frustrating at first, but you just gotta wait for Greedo to quintuple crit Chewie.
  • Options

Ahhh, good one.. Almost.. My original post wan't meant to recruit; I only replied to someone to offer help in this thread. You seem to be one of the toxic players I was referring to, because instead of adding something to the conversation, you are just being a contrarian. In reference to my suggestion that the complaints about functionality should be directed at feedback forums; I am not being hypocritical because it was not my intention to recruit someone as a result of my post, as opposed to folks posting complaints whose intentions were to create discord rather than change (as is evident with their toxicity, rather than constructive criticism - which is what the devs mostly respond to, if you have been paying attention). I won't be replying to you again, as it seems that you have problems that I cannot help. Much love!

Lol whatever brah good luck on your alliance hunting. Remember noooo replying you said so
  • Options
    I complained about the zombie nerf. I thought it was ridiculous, but I had a paper zombie. Instead of fixing the bug that blocks the game with Talzin's zeta on p3, they do this "rework" of the zombie. I think it was dodgy with the intelligence of the players who realized the potential of the zombie in this way, as well as being an obvious way to delay free players to get to Traya.

As for the criticism, being within the rules, they will support, We will not stop complaining about what we do not like just for the reason that someone thinks the forum environment is toxic. Live the freedom to speak.
  • Options
    Coldth wrote: »
    Well said OP.

I only had to add a bit more hoarded gear to my OG BH to beat T7, and I'm also F2P. It was frustrating at first, but you just gotta wait for Greedo to quintuple crit Chewie.

Hey Coldth, can you offer a few tips for finishing T7 with the toons you have as an FTP'er?
  • Options
    I keep telling myself I should stop reading these forums... but it's like watching a horrible car accident you can't tear your eyes away! Or it's like reality tv, but at least there I know there is nothing useful buried in it somewhere so I'm not even tempted to ever go there.
    Well said OP!
  • Options
    Coldth wrote: »
    Well said OP.

Hey Coldth, can you offer a few tips for finishing T7 with the toons you have as an FTP'er?

Focus Chewie. You need Dengar to prevent smokescreen. Boba executes Chewie to removes his buffs. Greedo dispels Han's buffs. You may have to restart for an hour until Greedo lives long enough to dispel, thermal, and then basic Chewie several times on his 3rd turn.

No zetas needed.