HSTR P1 is broken

robjay04
86 posts Member
edited September 2018
I accept everything the game throws at me as a challenge and rarely complain.

So when HSTR came out, I worked for 4 months to get my teams in order starting off with an elite JTREY team.

The latest update which “won’t really change heroic” has broke p1. It used to take our guild 3-5 hours to get it done depending on early participation. We just finished it in less than 30 minutes. No challenge whatsoever.

I’ll admit p1 was annoying but at least satisfying when you get a high score.

I understand nerfing some of the lower tiers but if you worked to get ready for heroic, you shouldn’t take the fun of the challenge out of it.

Leave a 6 month raid alone. Some of us enjoy a challenge.

Hopefully this is my first and last rant.

Replies

• srwhitewvu
    105 posts Member
    edited September 2018
    Options
    Anything that makes you restart several times stinks. It’s nice that you like annoying painful crap. Most people hated it. You are by far in the minority. This should have been fixed much longer ago.
  • Options
    srwhitewvu wrote: »
    Anything that makes you restart several times stinks. It’s nice that you like annoying painful ****. Most people hated it. You are by far in the minority. This should have been fixed much longer ago.

Just because a group is the most vocal doesn’t make them a majority. People who enjoy something are notoriously not as vocal.

If only the amount of people that complain on a message message board make up the majority of this game, it would’ve been shut down a long time ago.

But I agree...it should’ve been changed a long time ago.

Not 7 months in when many of us made the investments and learned the schematics.
  • Ultra
    11502 posts Moderator
    edited September 2018
    Options
    Honestly, you never had to restart P1 if your team was strong enough. People that always complained about restarting were running low geared teams than necessary / recommended but people would rather complain rather than work on their teams.

Remember how everyone was restarting tank raid too all the time?

Its like the tank raid, once you have the teams built you won't have to restart at all. I haven't restarted a phase (except P3) in months

I will agree with OP P1 was a lot easier which idc about. My guild destroyed the first phase in 30 minutes (a lot of people didn't get an opportunity to participate) which I guess is OP's concern that it goes by so fast that a lot of people end up missing.

The first annihilate by DN was when the enrage CD was on 8. Its almost like Annihilate doesn't exist anymore.
  • Options
    I’m sorry, but are you complaining about the raid being less frustrating? Seriously, who wants to be spending 3-5 hours on one phase of a raid each time you play it? Not me.
  • Options
    Lets see if they can put the raid back to the old way for these 2 and the rest of us can enjoy the fix to the greatest drag on this game.
    I wonder if they werent farming hstr if their opinions would be the same ?
  • Options
    Easiest solution is to use less optimal teams or just plain wrong ones and that should probably elevate level of frustration for people that are missing it.
  • Options
    I’m sorry, but are you complaining about the raid being less frustrating? Seriously, who wants to be spending 3-5 hours on one phase of a raid each time you play it? Not me.

Who was spending 3-5 hours?

Our guild as a whole?

We beat it every single time. We broke the raid in half so everyone could hit.

Some of us like a challenge.

Some of us don’t.

Some of us like participation trophies.

Some of us don’t.
  • Options
    Lets see if they can put the raid back to the old way for these 2 and the rest of us can enjoy the fix to the greatest drag on this game.
    I wonder if they werent farming hstr if their opinions would be the same ?

I sat through 4 months of not being ready. My guild worked for it and built the right teams and boom we are rewarded. I have no sympathy for people that weren’t ready after 7 months. I was getting 4.5 million plus with my JTREY team at 1.5 million GP...and I am no whale.

P3 was the biggest problem in the raid...no strategy, just pure RNG based on one team.
  • Options
    I don't even work for this company but geez ... I feel their pain with the never satisfied player base ......
  • robjay04
    86 posts Member
    edited September 2018
    Options
    YumYumMa wrote: »
    I don't even work for this company but geez ... I feel their pain with the never satisfied player base ......

The opposition is always the most vocal. The majority of the time, the loud opposition is actually the minority..but you’ll hear from them more because they are more animated then someone who approves of something.

I mean a politician can have an 80 percent approval rating..but are you going to see any pro-politician protests?

Nope..but that 20 percent will be heard.

My first rant ever on here. I just don’t get while people are unlocking Traya left and right, you decrease the difficulty by 80 percent. The game needs to stop listening the couple hundred people that whine on a message board and stick to their guns.

As I said before...if a 1.5 million GP non-whale player like I was can get 4.5 million in p1 in his first couple tries, there is no excuse for anyone to not be ready.

Just like the people complaining about the chewie raid...if I can get a max chewie with an 80k GP team after less than a half hour playing then there is no reason to dumb it down. I beat it with a g7 toon and 3 toons without an omega and I didn’t buy a pack for anyone.

It’s been 7 months. As someone said, if they wanted to change...change it 6 months ago, don’t ruin people’s investments.

• Options
    Anything to reduce in game time is great in my book. As someone who has been farming HSR since it was released I welcome this change.
  • Options
    1.5m gp ftp and farming hstr = you got hard carried by your guild so i really don’t understand the point of your complaint.
  • Options
    Ah, didn’t realise it would affect heroic tier, that would explain why I missed the whole of p1 this time. Meh, just makes it easier to work through..
  • Options
    JohnAran wrote: »
    1.5m gp ftp and farming hstr = you got hard carried by your guild so i really don’t understand the point of your complaint.

Bro...

I was breaking 7 million at 1.5 million which was good for a top 10 score.

Now I break 12 million for a top 3 score at 2.3 million GP.

The raid was never hard to begin with. People just want everything handed to them. Now it’s easier than HAAT.
  • Options
    robjay04 wrote: »

Bro...

The raid was never hard to begin with. People just want everything handed to them. Now it’s easier than HAAT.

So let’s see if i get it right. You’re not a whale.
    You sat through 4 month of not being ready meaning you started farming hstr around july. At which point you had 1,5m gp with not one but two hstr ready teams for over 7m damage. 3 month later, you are at 2,3m gp (nice progression for a non whale) and getting over 12m damage, ending up top 3 of your guild. And you are so not happy about this that you decided to come on the forum and rant.

Oh and yes, people who rant are usually only a vocal minority, but when it’s you that’s not true anymore somehow. Cause yeah, you are the loud opposition here.

Interesting. But really i still don’t see your point. They shouldn’t have changed the p1 of hstr because now it’s too easy and you don’t have to work for it anymore is what you’re saying ? Hstr has always been about jtr anyway, the only difference now is you don’t need to panic restart anymore to get the top 10/3 that you apparently get. In strong guilds a bad rng run could cost you a top 10, regardless of your « hard work ». That’s just why people wanted it changed, it’s not about difficulty, it’s about consistency. That’s also why most people don’t understand why p1 was changed and not p3 since it was notorious for being the most infuriating phase. But that’s another story.
  • Options
    I'm glad they reworked p1 and p4 of the heroic tier aswell. I don't really care about it being easier since my guild already clears the raid within 1.5hour so that's not really a factor. Why i like it is because the difference between a good run and a bad run is alot smaller.
    Pre-update there always was the possibility of unavoidable bad luck wich would always result in a bad score/losing a character. That has become a whole lot more managable instead of just hoping you won't get whiped and have to retreat (if there's time) to get an atleast decent score.
    After 7starring traya i stopped playing p1, but post-update i gave it another shot. I liked it, a more pleasant gaming experience.
  • Options
    "I liked it better when it was miserable! I had to walk uphill both ways to school! If you have a desirable degree and still have to work at Starbucks it's because you like avocados too much!"
    u58t4vkrvnrz.png

• Options

Bro...

So let’s see if i get it right. You’re not a whale.
    You sat through 4 month of not being ready meaning you started farming hstr around july. At which point you had 1,5m gp with not one but two hstr ready teams for over 7m damage. 3 month later, you are at 2,3m gp (nice progression for a non whale) and getting over 12m damage, ending up top 3 of your guild. And you are so not happy about this that you decided to come on the forum and rant.

Oh and yes, people who rant are usually only a vocal minority, but when it’s you that’s not true anymore somehow. Cause yeah, you are the loud opposition here.

Interesting. But really i still don’t see your point. They shouldn’t have changed the p1 of hstr because now it’s too easy and you don’t have to work for it anymore is what you’re saying ? Hstr has always been about jtr anyway, the only difference now is you don’t need to panic restart anymore to get the top 10/3 that you apparently get. In strong guilds a bad rng run could cost you a top 10, regardless of your « hard work ». That’s just why people wanted it changed, it’s not about difficulty, it’s about consistency. That’s also why most people don’t understand why p1 was changed and not p3 since it was notorious for being the most infuriating phase. But that’s another story.

I started farming in March.

4 months later...I was somewhere between 1.5 and 1.7 GP and HSTR ready. Now I’m around 2.3. A lot of the progression is due to an increased focus in ships. I never said I was F2P though, I said I’m not a whale. I’ve spent maybe 100 bucks on this game this year.

Phase 1: JTRey: 4.5 million
    Phase 2: Phoenix and Palpatine: 2.8 million
    Phase 3: Chex: 1.7 million

The other 3 million you can get with a mix of new and old NS and the kitchen sink.

None of those teams are hard to farm. I don’t even have Sion on my Palpatine team. I get between 800k and 1.1 million with Palpatine/GK/Thrawn/Nihilus/Tarkin.

I don’t even think you necessarily disagree with me. I do disagree about restarting p1 over and over...if you have the right team, you can get 4.5 without doing all the expose stuff at the start.

The point is...the raid is 7 months old. If they were going to change it, they should’ve done it 6 months ago. Not wait until people make investments and change it. That’s absolutely deliberate. If they changed it 6 months ago...many of us never would’ve chased JTRey.

Now I agree..p3 should’ve been addressed. That’s just a weird team and pure RNG.
  • Options
    Out of curiously, how often do you retreat on average in p1 and what is your average score?
    Pre-update, scores above 4.5mil in p1 were pretty rare in my guild. Two or three per raid orso. I'm fairly certain there isn't much retreating going on though.
  • Options
    I don’t disagree with you since i don’t understand the point your making. Well i didn’t.

But yes i agree with you, the raid sith should have been changed months ago. In fact it should never have been released as it was. I personally thing it was one of the worst piece of game designed i’ve seen in my life, aside from amateur things and stuff.
    But i’d rather they change it 7 months in than not at all :) which is not what you seem to say.
  • Options
    Boov wrote: »
    Out of curiously, how often do you retreat on average in p1 and what is your average score?
    Pre-update, scores above 4.5mil in p1 were pretty rare in my guild. Two or three per raid orso. I'm fairly certain there isn't much retreating going on though.

I only retreat if bb8 got the first ID.

My average score is probably 4.5. I would chase scores trying to outdo my best score.

My scores normally ranged from 4.3 at my lowest to 5.3 at my highest. If the exposes **** and I screwed towards the end, I would get the occasional 3.8.

My guild is the same. 2-3 of is could typically score in that range on a regular basis. Most of us are pretty disappointed that became so easy overnight.

The game does not know how to find a middle ground. When my guild was doing T5, it wasn’t this easy.
  • Options
    Boov wrote: »

I only retreat if bb8 got the first ID

My average score is probably 4.5. I would chase scores trying to outdo my best score.

My scores normally ranged from 4.3 at my lowest to 5.3 at my highest. If the exposes **** and I screwed towards the end, I would get the occasional 3.8.

My guild is the same. 2-3 of is could typically score in that range on a regular basis. Most of us are pretty disappointed that became so easy overnight.

The game does not know how to find a middle ground. When my guild was doing T5, it wasn’t this easy.

To clarify, those 2-3 players in my guild are mostly different players each raid, the ones who got good RNG that particular raid. Scoring 4.3m+ consistandly without retreating alot seems impossible to me pre-update. (very do-able with retreating though)
  • USAFmedic129
    1538 posts Member
    edited September 2018
    Options
    So is this really about you no longer being top 3 at end of raid or about your guild mates competing with you who don’t have Rey or are using other team compositions?

And I am asking because I am trying to decide whether you are being sincere in stating you like a challenge which means you like multiple restarts due to Nihilus’ unpredictable annihilate mechanic or his crazy Ivan 3rd strike or his ability to choose which CD he wants to burn rather than charge first like he’s supposed to...Or you’re mad (hatter style).

You started farming in March and magically you got all the Zetas and GS12 gear just like that inside of 4 months and boom HSTR ready? Just like that. Sorry not buying it. You’re areana team alone would suck down 6 Zetas assuming EP was your only Leader Ability zeta. So you had 2 Zetas laying around for Not Luke’s Best Pupil Rey, 1 for scavenger Rey, 2 for BB-8 and 2 for R2. Plus all the Zeta on Phoenix and ChexMix. All in 4 months?
  • Options
    So is this really about you no longer being top 3 at end of raid or about your guild mates competing with you who don’t have Rey or are using other team compositions?

And I am asking because I am trying to decide whether you are being sincere in stating you like a challenge which means you like multiple restarts due to Nihilus’ unpredictable annihilate mechanic or his crazy Ivan 3rd strike or his ability to choose which CD he wants to burn rather than charge first like he’s supposed to...Or you’re mad (hatter style).

You started farming in March and magically you got all the Zetas and GS12 gear just like that inside of 4 months and boom HSTR ready? Just like that. Sorry not buying it. You’re areana team alone would suck down 6 Zetas assuming EP was your only Leader Ability zeta. So you had 2 Zetas laying around for Not Luke’s Best Pupil Rey, 1 for scavenger Rey, 2 for BB-8 and 2 for R2. Plus all the Zeta on Phoenix and ChexMix. All in 4 months?

This is about wanting a challenge. Nothing else. P1 stunk at times but at least you got satisfaction out of a high score.

And the annihilate mechanic was completely predictable. It just takes practice and being able to interpret what you read. I never got annihilated.

Obviously I’m still scoring just as high.

I can get 2-3 zetas a month so I’m not quite sure what you’re getting at.

JTRey is my arena team and has been for quite some time.

In July, my main teams were JTRey/Palpatine/Chex Mix Lite. I was still scoring about 7 million.

Since then I have improved my Phoenix team to be sith raid ready, improved my palpatine team, farmed nightsisters and added chirrut, now I score about 12 million.

I don’t really need to explain myself. I’m not going to sit on a message board and lie.

https://swgoh.gg/p/539388431/characters/

As you can see, my entire top end roster is pretty much tailored for this raid. So obviously I’m aggravated when the game devalues my investment. Everybody should be...everyone who took the time to farm the vets should be ticked off. The only reason the game waited 7 months is to make sure everyone farmed the vets. Now you only need about 10 JTRey teams to clear the raid.
  • Options

This is about wanting a challenge. Nothing else. P1 stunk at times but at least you got satisfaction out of a high score.

And the annihilate mechanic was completely predictable. It just takes practice and being able to interpret what you read. I never got annihilated.

Obviously I’m still scoring just as high.

I can get 2-3 zetas a month so I’m not quite sure what you’re getting at.

JTRey is my arena team and has been for quite some time.

In July, my main teams were JTRey/Palpatine/Chex Mix Lite. I was still scoring about 7 million.

Since then I have improved my Phoenix team to be sith raid ready, improved my palpatine team, farmed nightsisters and added chirrut, now I score about 12 million.

I don’t really need to explain myself. I’m not going to sit on a message board and lie.

As you can see, my entire top end roster is pretty much tailored for this raid. So obviously I’m aggravated when the game devalues my investment. Everybody should be...everyone who took the time to farm the vets should be ticked off. The only reason the game waited 7 months is to make sure everyone farmed the vets. Now you only need about 10 JTRey teams to clear the raid.

Thank you. Now that I see your roster I understand what your unlock strategy was. I misread and thought you stated you began playing 4 months ago. Just following your 85 and GS patterns I can see what was/ is your priority.

Gotta remember too, we were all nerfed when expose got reduced effectively locking out all the zFinns and the double whammy of reworking STH. Every time players found a new mechanic, CG nerfed the team or worked a member to worthlessness. This entire time it’s been CG creating the elitism and reducing fair and balanced play to be only I feel the Force in a reed Rey scoring big because they knew the vet paywall on Rey would still limit her deployment to less than some acceptable percentage. Now her impending return signals LOTs of players are ready and have hordes Zetas, Omegas, mods and gear to insta GS12+ her. So regardless of the nerf a ton of Rey’s are now going to flood guilds so scores and guild top 10 landscapes will be changing just a few weeks earlier than expected.

Your team looks good man. Be proud of what you accomplished.
  • Options

Thank you. Now I understand your initial statement. I misread and thought you started playing 4 months prior to the start of the raid. Makes sense now.

You have a good roster. You did quite a good achievement. The Nerf to the raid was due. Remember the initial nerf to expose which stunted all zFinn teams? And the STH nerf. I was pretty torqued with that because I invested in zFinn and got slapped for it. I invested in STH and got slapped. I invested in NS and got slapped 3 times. It was over due.

Rey is coming and everyone has been hording. Watch all the insta zzYou’re teasing me with a Reed Rey’s that pop before months end with her rerelease.