Bastila team without Hermit Yoda?

I finally got Bastila to 7* gear XII but most of the teams I see her in also have Hermit Yoda.

Right now I have:

Bastilla 7* XII
General Kenobi 7* XII
Ezra 7* XII
GM Yoda 7* XI

I'm looking to fill that last spot. I've seen some vids with Nihilus (7* XI) or Old Ben (7* IX).

Would either of these two work best? I currently have a 7* X Barriss in that slot. Should I gear up Old Ben?

Replies

• Options
    Old Ben is what I use on that team..... If you are using it for arena, I suggest nihilus when on offence and do your last battle with old Ben to leave on defence. .
  • Options
    Its a lot weaker without Hoda, I always attack bastilla squads without Yoda but avoid the squads with him. (I run titans)
  • Options
    I fought a "Doda" Bastila team yesterday so I could specifically stun Hermit Yoda and kill him before he escaped like a pansy. Still ended up winning the entire fight but just wanted to take him out...
  • CHFC22
    732 posts Member
    Options
    I swap out zeta OB or Thrawn in the team you listed. Top 30 in July 2016 shard.
  • Options
    I prefer to run old Ben in the last slot.
  • Options
    Thanks for the replies. I'll try Old Ben and see what happens.
  • CHFC22
    732 posts Member
    Options
    His devoted protector needs the zeta or no point using him
  • Options
    Its a lot weaker without Hoda, I always attack bastilla squads without Yoda but avoid the squads with him. (I run titans)
    Interesting, to me it's the complete opposite. If there's a Hoda = I attack and usually win easily. No Hoda but a 2nd tank like Old Ben = don't touch it, I never stand a chance.
    Running a full JTR resistance squad.

• Options
    Old Ben / Thrawn / Fulcrum — Test them!
  • DarthPadraig
    132 posts Member
    edited October 2018
    Options
    My arena team is zBastila (5*), zzGMY, zBarriss, JKA, and GK. I still have about 30 shards left before I can unlock Hoda; when I finally do, he'll replace Barriss.

I've beaten a couple other Bastila teams with Hoda, but most of the time I've tried it ends in a draw. If I take on another Bastila team without him, I win about half the time. He really makes the team way more durable (I'm tired of rising and falling 100+ ranks per day!).

All that said, Old Ben is great. Mine is way too underpowered for Arena, but I'd love to try him out one day.
    Guild Leader of CHAL | Member of the WWL Alliance
  • Options
    I’m using Kanan in the 5th spot, I’ve also tried QGJ (his assist attack and cleanse with Offence up) and Thrawn.
    1) Im debating farming and trying Nest/Talzin (or Aayla?) - it’s just both those two aren’t exactly straightforward options.
    2) CLS or Fulcrum are my other thoughts.

For Defence I think Old Ben & GK (or Nest) would be best.
    For Offence I’m interested to know how CLS/Fulcrum/Thrawn and Talzin compare....
  • Options
    I can tell you from an EP LEAD on O

Old Ben>> GK

THRAWN makes GK worthless and add the flee aspect of Hyoda it is an auto battle.
  • Options
    Fulcrum!
  • Options
    I have a 7* Bindo g12. Working on his zeta. With it, resurrect all fallen Jedi. After his zeta, I'll put one on Old ben and maintain his taunt longer. I think this is better than Hoda. Bindo calls for another toon, so you can call GMY, just like Ezra calls him. I have a 287 speed GMY, so I get lots of hits.