Mods - Suggestion: eliminate the cost of swapping mods.

icanectc
821 posts Member
edited October 2018
EA/CG.
I would like you guys to consider removing the annoying cost of equipping mods. With the rework to assign loadouts it's become easier to move mods but it's cost prohibitive and arbitrary. When moving mods around to alot of toons it can become expensive very very fast. I think you guys should review this and consider removing the cost all together. Maybe also consider a sliding scale of cost mod loadouts you assign get cheaper the more you move "like bulk shopping sales"

Replies

• USAFmedic129
    1538 posts Member
    edited October 2018
    Options
    There should be no cost associated with swapping mods. The whole premise stated was “mods were always intended to be shared amongst characters moving sets between teams that were being played”. Players blew the Dev teams minds when we decided to equip all characters with mods for that edge in TW and TB. The amount of mods players have also blow their minds. Guess they never played Ultima Online, WOW, Old Republic or any other video game for the last 20 years.
  • Options
    They just did a big revamp of mods, and they very intentionally left that part there. It's not that expensive, I don't think it's worth making a fuss about.
  • Options
    There should be no cost associated with swapping mods. The whole premise stated was “mods were always intended to be shared amongst characters moving sets between teams that were being played”. Players blew the Dev teams minds when we decided to equip all characters with mods for that edge in TW and TB. The amount of mods players have also blow their minds. Guess they never played Ultima Online, WOW, Old Republic or any other video game for the last 20 years.

I don't think this is true. Maybe it is. If so, could you provide a source for your quote?

It contradicts what CG_Carrie said here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PwXHdxMrAkI

"When mods were originally built the cost of changing mods was intended to be prohibitive and in that people, you know, we didn't really expect people to want to move mods around. In fact the, sort of, way that mods are dropped throughout the game was to create enough mods in your, sort of, inventory to allow you to be like, I have so many mods, why would I ever want to change them?" -CG_Carrie
  • Options
    icanectc wrote: »
    jhbuchholz wrote: »

I don't think this is true. Maybe it is. If so, could you provide a source for your quote?

It contradicts what CG_Carrie said here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PwXHdxMrAkI

"When mods were originally built the cost of changing mods was intended to be prohibitive and in that people, you know, we didn't really expect people to want to move mods around. In fact the, sort of, way that mods are dropped throughout the game was to create enough mods in your, sort of, inventory to allow you to be like, I have so many mods, why would I ever want to change them?" -CG_Carrie

Pretty solid find there. I think that gives a reasonable reason to remove the costs of mod swapping

As someone who has so many mods that I don't like moving them I'm curious about the reason to remove the costs of mod swapping you see in that quote.

I'm also curious about how often you swap mods. One a month? Once a week? Once a day? Multiple times a day?

I move them around less than once a month.

As you can probably tell, I don't see a reason to remove the cost and am pretty indifferent to the idea of doing so. I just can't imagine putting in the time to change so many mods that cost is an issue.
  • Options

Pretty solid find there. I think that gives a reasonable reason to remove the costs of mod swapping

As someone who has so many mods that I don't like moving them I'm curious about the reason to remove the costs of mod swapping you see in that quote.

I'm also curious about how often you swap mods. One a month? Once a week? Once a day? Multiple times a day?

As you can probably tell, I don't see a reason to remove the cost and am pretty indifferent to the idea of doing so. I just can't imagine putting in the time to change so many mods that cost is an issue.

I swap aloooooooooooot of mods for tw.

I’d farm more mods,
  • Options

I swap aloooooooooooot of mods for tw.

I’d farm more mods,

Yea good point I forgot how easy 26 speed mods drop.....

I figured you did, ;)