If Jedi Luke comes

Prev1
cw8
98 posts Member
And supposing 7* Chewie is needed for Jedi Luke, which more than likely will be... Just asking if the devs would be kind enough to bring back Chewie event again before the Jedi Luke heroes journey?

I currently have 6* Chewie but since I do not have Dengar at all or Bossk, it's near impossible to get 7* Chewie.

Replies

• Options
    At least it was like this with RJT.
    I hadn’t 5 FO characters at the first bb8 appearance , so I get 5* bb8.
    But I had it next time and got the RTJ at her first appearance (there was hard time farming vets, but that’s another story)
  • Options
    Well you know to get hot on grinding those two to be ready for the next one.
  • Options
    They brought back BB8 for Rey, and R2 for Luke... I guess it’ll be the same
  • Options
    Just have your entire roster ready because in some way shape or form every person in the Galaxy has been touched by a Skywalker
  • Options
    NDSnyder wrote: »

Yeah and BB8 didn't require g12s to 7 star so things change
  • cw8
    98 posts Member
    Options
    Just have your entire roster ready because in some way shape or form every person in the Galaxy has been touched by a Skywalker

Even stink beetles?

• Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    Options
    cw8 wrote: »

Even stink beetles?

Especially stink beetles.
  • Options
    Inb4 both wampa & hermit yoda are needed as well
  • Options

Some consensual... Most not.. The Skywalker legacy can be traced back generations of touching people. It's been passed down from father to son, down to his son and so on, since Luke's many times great grandfather, Warren Jeffs Skywalker, began touching people in his small village on a distant planet far, far away...
  • Ephran
    499 posts Member
    Options
    Everytime the Hero's Journey has returned the required Legendary has too. I'd make sure to have Dengar and Bossk ready by Christmas if I were you.
  • thatguy181
    128 posts Member
    edited October 2018
    Options
    History shows that the corresponding legendary ALWAYS comes with the Hero's Journey. Typically the Legendary will return by itself haflway through the Hero's Journey cycle, but everytime the Hero's Journey comes up, so does the corresponding events.

So if everyone is picking up the same scent and they're all right, December is going to have R2, CLS, Chewie, and the brand new Hero's Journey Jedi Luke.

Don't worry about Wampa, he won't be needed (if anything, he'll be a character you fight against in tier 1 or 2). I'd focus on all Empire Strikes Back based toons though, with heavy focus on ROLO, Hoda, aptain Han Solo, and Lando. That will probably get you at least half of the way there if not better.
  • thatguy181
    128 posts Member
    edited October 2018
    Options
    Shaunyvee wrote: »
    Inb4 both wampa & hermit yoda are needed as well

If anything, Wampa would be a fight in tier 1 or 2, but he won't be a required character for a Jedi Luke hero's journey. Hoda though, definitely should start picking up those shards if you've not already.
    GOHGURU wrote: »
    NDSnyder wrote: »

Yeah and BB8 didn't require g12s to 7 star so things change

Which has nothing to do with the fact that every Hero's Journey comes with the corresponding event related characters. Don't be bitter about the Chewie event being harder than previous legendary events and assume that means anything other than FUTURE legendary events going forward will likely be tuned for G11/12 as well... It's reasonable to assume that whenever they release a Jedi Luke Hero's Journey, it would coincide with the Daring Droid, CLS, and Chewbacca event (assuming OT Chewie is part of Jedi Luke's journey).
  • Options
    Can you imagine if all the rumors were true and you need most of the OT legionaries to get JL?

Don't have Chewie, ROLO, RHan, CLS, R2, Hoda and Wampa? No JL 4U!
  • Options
    If you miss 7 star chewy this time you should not be able to get Luke. Git gud
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    Options
    TaviRus wrote: »
    Can you imagine if all the rumors were true and you need most of the OT legionaries to get JL?

Fully expecting this to be the case. Jedi Luke is the ultimate character, so the requirements must match. I wouldn't be surprised if it was some kind of mega-event including both characters and ships and requiring all maxed.
  • Options

Never happen this way unless they completely change the model. The game is designed mainly for the whales who spend money. Either those who have been around or are new(maybe even moreso because they will spend more to catch up). New FTP, ole FTP, and just vets in general play very little in models they use that will generate revenue. With that being said I have yet to see multiple legendaries be needed for a Hero's Journey and even if so I doubt very seriously they would make it with toons hidden behind walls such as raid only toons, TW toons, etc. A whale can spend all they want on the game but requiring them to play and participate in every portion has not been the model. It would alienate more players and CG would not benefit in revenue for the event. No revenue gain no reason to do it.
  • cw8
    98 posts Member
    Options

I actually have all of them at 7* except for Chewie. Because I didn't farm Dengar.
  • Options
    CG has found bigger and better ways to **** players off the past year or so. Expect Luke to come without a Chewie follow up.
  • Options
    Why are people saying wampa? Wampa was AGAINST Luke. My guesses are
    Cls, rolo, hoda, captain han or raid han, and chewie
  • Options
    Wampa was touched by Luke, too. In a harmful, gonna leave scars kinda way. Just have your entire roster prepared.
  • Options

This. There’s no precedent for an opposing character being required for a Hero’s Journey event. I also slightly doubt Chewie will be required as he’s a background character in the Hoth sequence. I could be wrong.

• Captain_Apollo
    423 posts Member
    edited October 2018
    Options
    B0R345 wrote: »

This. There’s no precedent for an opposing character being required for a Hero’s Journey event. I also slightly doubt Chewie will be required as he’s a background character in the Hoth sequence. I could be wrong.

My money is on the chewie event being the roster we need + hoda. Witness the r2 event having all the toons we needed for cls minus chewie. I'd guess we'll need captain han or we get a skin+ kit upgrade for raid han to make him bespin han.

So that means:
    Cls
    Rolo
    R2
    Lando
    Chewie
    Hoda
    Some Han (?)

Presumably all needed at g11 or 12. A tall order but also fitting to end Luke's HJ.
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    Options
    B0R345 wrote: »

There's also no precedent for Jedi Luke level character, though. He's the crown jewel of the game, beyond anything we have seen so far.
  • Options
    Just my guess but required line up for Heroes Journey Jedi Master Luke
    - Bobba Fett
    - Hermit Yoda
    - Wicket
    - R2-D2
    - Lando
  • USAFmedic129
    1538 posts Member
    edited October 2018
    Options
    Technically Luke’s hero journey is only at Hoth on the moment. Yes, I know he’s dressed in his Dagobah outfit (misidentified by Kenner as Bespin Gear), but we are no where near CLS at the end of Empire. CLS does not have a Jedi Tag. His Journey in game ends after the Heroes escape the Death Star.

Most likely scenario, based on nothing, will be CLS’s Journey will pick up on Tatooine at Sarlacc Pit and end with Luke fighting Palps, Vader and RG. Once Luke leaves Hoth, his journey is just him and Yoda. Then the fight on Bespin.

1 year passes between Emprie and Jedi with no canon on the subject other than the deleted scene of Luke making his green saber in Ben’s hut. On Endor Luke fights one wave of speeder bikes and then turns himself in the the Empire.

Game designers are gonna have a hard time making Luke next heroes journey canonical and fit SWGOH holotable realities.
  • Options
    Jedi Luke = 4 zetas. 1 zeta on basic!
  • Options
    For JL (ROTJ), don't think you need Chewie. Probably need Hoda and R2 to start. Then introduce new marquee toons like Force Ghost Ben and Endor Leia. Or maybe make Endor Leia a legendary requiring 5 x 7* imperial troopers (new marquee Biker Scout?) or Ghost Ben legendary requiring 7* Old Ben and Vader.
  • Options

Lando too
  • Fredy5
    328 posts Member
    Options
    The hero journey tells a story. Then for Jedi Luke we will need all 7 stars:
    CLS
    Chewie
    Han (Rancor)
    HY (Haat)
    The last one will be a New Marquee. There is no Journey without Panic Farm.... Just wait for the next useless underpower Marquee to be sure it will be it (that's why it's Panic. If the toon was usefull, everybody would get it without requirements...)
  • Germi
    553 posts Member
    edited October 2018
    Options
    Fredy5 wrote: »
    The hero journey tells a story. Then for Jedi Luke we will need all 7 stars:
    CLS
    Chewie
    Han (Rancor)
    HY (Haat)
    The last one will be a New Marquee. There is no Journey without Panic Farm.... Just wait for the next useless underpower Marquee to be sure it will be it (that's why it's Panic. If the toon was usefull, everybody would get it without requirements...)

HY : HAAT ?

I think the Chewie thing is the key.
    Now how long we will have to wait ?
    Will we have Jedi Luke or Rebel Pilot Luke ?
    2 weeks, 1 month, Xmas ?
    R2 or no R2 ?
    These are the questions I have atm.
    Almost 3 years I am waiting for this.
    For god sake, bring him on !

For me the requirement should be : CLS / Hoda / CHS / ROLO / Chewie and I add R2 because he is part of the journey.